Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    I am not trying to disagree with you, from what I've read and seen of him, I think Poeltl could play pf. I just think that we shouldn't bring in any pf because they are better than Scola, because there are plenty of below average players better than Scola.
    ... He wasn't brought in because he's better than Scola. He was the BPA and he happens to be better than Scola.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Casey found minutes for Scola at PF because of the first 2 months of the season. At that time Patterson was just terrible and Scola was playing his best basketball in 3 years. After the two months, Scola won that starting spot by default even when his play fell off completely to a point where he was mostly a negative in the playoffs.

It doesn't sound to me like Ujiri is the type like Colangelo to put pressure on his coach to play somebody and Casey does not like to play rookies unless he build trust with them throughout the season. I mean look how long it took Powell last season and its even worse for a big just look at JV up until this playoffs. With Casey you don't get minutes you have to earn them.

I think Ujiri will sign someone like Leuer for the MLSE to fill in that spot or Casey will use Bebe or Carroll more at that spot for now.
      Ujiri stated numerous times that he and Casey but heads frequently. I'd imagine that would have something to do with lineups. Pure speculation on my part.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        ... He wasn't brought in because he's better than Scola. He was the BPA and he happens to be better than Scola.
        I would argue everything else on paper better except offense (he needs to get his feet wet first at the NBA level) which at this point might be less then what the savvy vet Scola brought to the table when he wasn't showing his age.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I would argue everything else on paper better except offense (he needs to get his feet wet first at the NBA level) which at this point might be less then what the savvy vet Scola brought to the table when he wasn't showing his age.
          Possibly but I think you have to play him is he's ready. Even if that translated to a few extra losses on the season, the net gain will lead to dividends sooner rather than later. He's a dynamic player and long and big enough to help JV clog the paint. I think they should be able to find him minutes. He's also highly efficient.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            guy hasn't even played summer league yet and the usual suspects are already planning the valanciunas trade.

Bismack is gone*

*I don't see any way he stays. Why would we pay him more than our already superior starter, giving away assets for nothing in the process, when what we actually need is a PF?
            You'd be paying him about the same as JV, because the intangibles he brings are almost priceless. I am confident that Jakob can play next to JV, but even more so next to Biz.

You sign him because it maintains the character/integrity, and winning culture of the team. And because all it will cost is Ross. Either way you have to lose an asset.

Comment

Ujiri stated numerous times that he and Casey but heads frequently. I'd imagine that would have something to do with lineups. Pure speculation on my part.
              Pure speculation indeed but you may not be far off. There is a difference between butting heads and Masai stating not to long ago that his job was drafting and building the team and when it comes to players development and their minutes, he leaves that coach Casey. Of course it goes without saying that Masai wants a high draft pick like Poeltl to be playing more then Casey might wishes for, but within his coaching position he has to make the boss happy too so a compromise will happen.

Its certainly better relationship then Colangelo vs Smitch where Colangelo insisted that Smitch finds minutes for Bargnani even though Smitch wanted to bring him slower as well as a better relationship then Colangelo vs Triano where Triano was by all accounts a yes man and accommodated Colangelo's wishes regarding Bargnani expending role on that team.

Comment

A question for anyone who thinks Poeltl can't play PF in the NBA due to mobilty.

Is Scola faster than him? I'd argue absolutely not.

How many games did Scola start last year and how many minutes did he play lumbering around on the floor? A lot.

How much of the frustrations of watching him were due to speed or quickness? I'd say not much.

If Casey could find minutes for Scola at PF and the rest of the team could make that work then surely Poeltl should be more effective than Scola at this juncture of his career.

Not to mention he's gonna have to if Biz comes back. I think Ujiri will have to put pressure on Casey to fit Poeltl in at the 4.
                I think it may not matter so much next season. It's just hard for me to believe that a rookie big man will play major minutes for us at any position. I think we are signing a couple vets.

Long term, to my eyes he's a traditional center and should be developed as such. i think he'll need to toughen up and fight for position much better, but I hope that will come with time and muscles. Do we want to mold a pretty mobile center into a slow PF? i think his best potential is at center.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I am wondering how high was Poeltl on Masai's draft board, I am willing to bet that for Masai he was the 5th best guy to draft behind Simmons, Ingram, Dunn and Murray.

Comment

Was speaking more generally with the second sentence. A good number of people wanted to give up assets for Thad Young because he is an upgrade over Scola,just saying that type of reasoning isn't enough for me.

Comment

• What if the raptors plan is all about making poeltl a pf, whether this year or next? What if masai is trolling the entire league and your 2021 nba Champs are starting two 7 foot euros and a once unknown brazilian with freaky arms?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• whenever blake murphy tweets that delon, powell and bebe are at biosteel grinding. I'm always like "where the eff is bruno?"

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
                            whenever blake murphy tweets that delon, powell and bebe are at biosteel grinding. I'm always like "where the eff is bruno?"

he was in Brazil recently
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

he was in Brazil recently
                              He was at Bebes wedding the other day. Follow him on Snapchat, so i have a lot of Bruno in my life.

Comment

• nice video. What is his gym rat rating on a scale of andrew bynum to norm powell?

Comment

Working...
                                X