No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been super busy at my new job so can't really post here anymore, but just logged in due to massive rage.

This pick fucking sucks.

You don't waste the 9th overall pick on a career backup at best. Even if he's really good, we just signed JV, our near All Star young center to a huge new deal. Poeltl will never start on this team. He can't play PF. He's 7'1 and only has range out to 7 feet or so. Not to mention, we already have a backup C in Bebe, and our backup C won't be expected to play more than 15 minutes per game. This pick makes no fucking sense AT ALL.

Sabonis, Davis, Luwawu, Ellenson, Prince, Valentine, even Skal, who I don't like, would have been a way better pick.

Only hope is this leads to a trade, because C was the position of least need on this team.

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
      I dont wanna freak out...... but what am I missing here. what does he do that we actually need...? rim protection? range?
      and why do they say hes a pf and list a center as a need for us still lol

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        I'll wait before I pass judgment.
        This is usually my position. I was able to talk myself into every player in the draft thread ... except this one.

I badly badly want to be wrong.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Okay guys.

I'm calling him CAKE cuz his last name is Portal.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I guess the organization either thinks biz will not be back, Jv will be traded, bebe really sucks and isnt a capable backup, or all of the above

Smh. Terrible pick considering we already have 2 good young centres
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
              This is usually my position. I was able to talk myself into every player in the draft thread ... except this one.

I badly badly want to be wrong.

The more I watch him. The more I like it. But unless we get rid of JV I don't see a role for him, unless be can actually play PF

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Okay guys.

I'm calling him CAKE cuz his last name is Portal.
                ... OK. Now I'm sold on this guy.

"My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  We also need a starting PF unless the plan is to bring back Scola lol
                  bahahhahaha

Comment

At least one bright side, the guy is better than Bargnani.

If he can't play PF then it's a bad pick; hard to really develop when the starter ahead of you is playing heavy minutes. There were real PF options on the board.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      I guess the organization either thinks biz will not be back, Jv will be traded, bebe really sucks and isnt a capable backup, or all of the above

Smh. Terrible pick considering we already have 2 good young centres
                      2 good young C's? Plus tell me you're talking about JV and Biz.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                        ... OK. Now I'm sold on this guy.

Just wait like 2-3 years and this nickname becomes a big thing here.

We'll be saying either "The Cake is a bust" or "The Cake is a stud."
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

jv salary plus ross is salary = max player ? then resign demar ? and draft a replacement for ross at 27 perhaps

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              2 good young C's? Plus tell me you're talking about JV and Biz.
                              PF is a massive need, we have one PF who is a backup and has 1 year left on his deal, and there were multiple PF options available that Poeltl is just not better than. SF is way more of a need too, Carroll is old and only 2 years left on his deal, and we don't have another true SF on the roster until/if/when Bruno is ready, and Bruno's probably gonna be a PF anyways due to size.

If Peoltl had range or brought anything to the table that we need I could warm up to it, but he brings nothing we don't already have.

Comment

The guy is a pure 5. The only way this makes sense for me is if we're moving JV to the 4. As JV would be a better option at the 4 than him.

Comment

Working...
                                X