No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm ok with this pick (after sleeping on it).

The most concerning part about the pick though is that he definitely would have still been available in the 2nd round or even after and the fact that he's a very raw 22 year old who played in a weaker division.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post

The most concerning part about the pick though is that he definitely would have still been available in the 2nd round or even after and the fact that he's a very raw 22 year old who played in a weaker division.
      I'm ok with reaching for a guy if he's the guy. The bold is a very real concern.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        I'm ok with reaching for a guy if he's the guy. The bold is a very real concern.
        Yeah, I don't really have a problem with reaching. I only find it weird in this case because of the bold.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Yeah it's a 27th pick, so no one should care that much.

But between the weak competition he faced and the fact that we made a safe pick with our higher pick...it's hard not to be disappointed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, he had a pretty high level of success there and averaged 35 min a game. Should you put more trust in 19 yr old freshmen who only played 15-20 minutes?

I'm sure this guy will end up being a fan favourite and might be everything we hoped Ed Davis and Quincy Acy would become.
            Last edited by Mess; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 10:01 AM.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Here's why I really like Siakam:

High motor, seems like a good team culture guy. I'm not sure Davis or Skal was that. And culture is huge to this team, and was a big part of what we built this year.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                Here's why I really like Siakam:

High motor, seems like a good team culture guy. I'm not sure Davis or Skal was that. And culture is huge to this team, and was a big part of what we built this year.
                If the 27th pick disrupts your culture, it's not very good.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

There is a very strategic reason for taking 2nd rounders in the late first.

Yeah you pay slightly more but if its a project you maintain control for 5 years.

difference between 30th pick and 31 is if the guy at 31 blows up he can fuck off and become a FA..
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    There is a very strategic reason for taking 2nd rounders in the late first.

Yeah you pay slightly more but if its a project you maintain control for 5 years.

difference between 30th pick and 31 is if the guy at 31 blows up he can fuck off and become a FA..
                    Many 2nd rounders will actually make more money than late firsts this year because there is no rookie salary scale for 2nd round picks, it's open negotiation. Better to be picked 31st than 30th from a financial stand point.

Comment

Many 2nd rounders will actually make more money than late firsts this year because there is no rookie salary scale for 2nd round picks, it's open negotiation. Better to be picked 31st than 30th from a financial stand point.
                      Kind of. 1st round pick gets a guaranteed salary though. Not so with the second rounder.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

for the player absolutely. I think the team values the control and certainty
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Kind of. 1st round pick gets a guaranteed salary though. Not so with the second rounder.
                          2nd rounder gets to negotiate, so they could get more guaranteed because of the cap jump.

I wouldn't be surprised if undrafted guys like GP2 got some guaranteed money.

Comment

2nd rounder gets to negotiate, so they could get more guaranteed because of the cap jump.

I wouldn't be surprised if undrafted guys like GP2 got some guaranteed money.
                            Some undrafted/second round guys will. Most will not, and will never touch the guaranteed ~2M a 30th pick gets.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Some undrafted/second round guys will. Most will not, and will never touch the guaranteed ~2M a 30th pick gets.
                              Even with the cap jump? I dunno, $2M is peanuts on the open market and the open market is operating at a different price point than the 1st rounders. I would love to see GP2 and Houstons contract details, as he is likely the high water mark of undrafted guys.

Comment

Even with the cap jump? I dunno, $2M is peanuts on the open market and the open market is operating at a different price point than the 1st rounders. I would love to see GP2 and Houstons contract details, as he is likely the high water mark of undrafted guys.
                                Almost guaranteed they were offered a minimum contract. Teams want that cap space for the big fish, not undrafted free agents.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X