Do we still have trust in Masai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we still have trust in Masai?

I have to say this was a disappointing draft for us ...
    ESPN radio is raving about Sabonis and how he can be 11 points and 7 rebounds guy right now. They are calling Davis the steal of the draft !!!
    Our #9 picks has bust written all over him.

How disappointing was this ??
    Last edited by McRealistic; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 09:56 AM.

1. Summer
    2. League

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
      I have to say this was a disappointing draft for us ... ESPN radio is raving about Sabonis and how he can be an 11 and 7 guy right now. They are the Davis the steal of the draft !!!

Trust that wasn't Stephen Smith & Skip Bayless. They are probably raving more about the trade that Presti pulled off.

Comment

I have to say this was a disappointing draft for us ... ESPN radio is raving about Sabonis and how he can be an 11 and 7 guy right now. They are the Davis the steal of the draft !!!

not disappointed. i think people clamouring that they know how we messed up are going to calm down. they always do. and trust in masai. our pick has the lowest bust potential in the draft this year, i think.

i wanted ellenson, i wanted portis, i wanted knight. not disappointed. understand that these guys know more about basketball than me, watched these players specifically for hours and hours. they didn't just randomly say words that came together as names and that is our player.

i can't believe how against the grain masai and company are. the Saikam pick, wow. out of left feild. when luwawu went a couple before us i thought it was skal. i was scared it was skal but could live with skal at 27 much more than at 9. then bam. 6'10 with a 7'3 wingspan pf. and he plays with heart. it is basically skal+effort. wright, powell, bruno, saikam, bebe. hahaha. we are hydra now. get past one hand another hand takes its place.

Comment

actually the analytics and experts rated poeltl the least likely of any player to be a bust ... maybe not an all star but the very least a productive player

and there is always the chance he becomes an efficient back up that other gms believe "if only he got starter minutes " ( like bledsoe on the clips ) and we can trade him

Comment

Moment when JP is the safest pick and the least likely player to be a bust behind Simmons and Ingram...He doesn't have the highest upside, but the least likely to be a bust. Probably will end up anywhere between a role player to a solid starter.

Was this draft disappointing? No
            Do I still trust Masai? 100%

I swear this happens every draft lol. Why would you lose trust in Masai over 2 draft picks? There literally is no reason why you should not trust him, he has a solid draft history. Faried, Fournier, Powell, Wright, and Bruno (Tough to say still).
            Last edited by A.I; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

This thread seems premature
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

If players drafted after Poeltl end up better than him, then yeah
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

YES.

I do not like that #27 pick. At all. Like, I think we'll look back and tremble about it.

But it's not that bad that I don't trust him.

I worry about our scouting team though. Powell is the only real, tangible hit we have right now.

Comment

GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                    YES.

I do not like that #27 pick. At all. Like, I think we'll look back and tremble about it.

But it's not that bad that I don't trust him.

I worry about our scouting team though. Powell is the only real, tangible hit we have right now.
                    The highest we've picked under masai before tonight is 20, and only since 2014. To even have Powell so far is pretty succesful.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah I mean my trust in Masai is most of the reason I don't hate this draft, also there aren't many guys I would have taken over Poeltl in hindsight, probably only Sabonis. I also really liked that pick at 27, there were a few guys in that range I really liked and apparently he scored really well in all the mental/personality tests. That combined with his game, which will translate well to the NBA bode well for him.

Comment

Watch JP put up 17p/10r/2a/2b/1s on 60+% shooting

Everyone's opinion will change then lol
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Of course we do!

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            This thread seems premature
                            Yep, wait until they hit the court for their first NBA season before you are truly disappointed.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Yep, wait until they hit the court for their first NBA season before you are truly disappointed.
                              I don't understand why some are disappointed. We have a solid rotation of 3 young 7 footers at the center position, and all of them are on really good contracts.

Orlando gave a lot for Ibaka, we could not match, and I think it's great as it is. Ibaka is not Anthony Davis. I'm pretty confident Masai knows what he has to do and knows what he does.

It is also pretty clear that they are now ready to give JV a big role. I like that a lot.

We will find our PF, don't worry.

Comment

Working...
                              X