No announcement yet.

Do we still have trust in Masai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to say. Most people in general are stupid as fuck.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I definitely still trust MU. His restraint in terms of making a trade just for the sake of making a trade has been admirable IMO. He is patient, and obviously isn't making a move unless there is value to be had. He isn't gonna give up too much for marginal gains. He is methodical, trusts the development of younger players, and will not sacrifice the future for risky short term improvement. The team has improved significantly with him at the helm and is asset rich. The offseason should be interesting. There will be pressure to make a move to get a PF and to resign Biz. What is he willing to sacrifice in order to make these moves? The Biz situation reminds me a little of the Hedo scenario some years back, where a strong playoff run led to a massive overpay. What is MU willing to pay Biz and what would he give up to get him back? If Biz is in that $15M per territory, I don't expect MU will attempt to resign him as it would be an overpay and require the loss of assets. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles this offseason, when we look close to taking the next step.
      The Hedo analogy is a good one. Drafting Poetl was because MU knew he was hedging that he may not be able to resign BB. I am concerned about rim protection if BB is in fact truly gone.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I have to say. Most people in general are stupid as fuck.

I think that as well occasionally. Although instead of "in general", it would be more accurate to say "sometimes".

And that includes you and me, Sj.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
          Biz was a big fill in when JV went down... if they cant replace him and JV gets hurt, it will be a big drop in talent and a few more potential L's for us.
          They more than replaced Biz with both draft picks. I also fully trust Masai to make another Biz-esque free agent signing, e.g. great value on an underrated player. The fact we can't afford Biz anymore speaks volumes to what a great signing that was by Masai. The guy knows what he's doing.

Comment

• First the draft and now biz. If he doesn't get a good deal for Ross then I'm not gonna be so quick to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              First the draft and now biz. If he doesn't get a good deal for Ross then I'm not gonna be so quick to give him the benefit of the doubt.
              Draft was good and Raptors didn't have Biz's bird rights and not enough cap space to re-sign him.

Comment

• I trust Masai knows what he's doing.

He took Poeltl because Biz wasn't coming back. He took Siakim with the intent that Bebe is playing for us full time next year, I bet.

We have about 6 mill in cap & the 3/5.7 MLE. That does mean we can spen up to about 9 mill a season on a player, correct?

Masai will find his guy & we'll be fine..... it's going to be a shocker though.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• ^^^ Bebe playing full time ??!! Dream on ...
                  We need a PF so bad ...

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I trust Masai knows what he's doing.

He took Poeltl because Biz wasn't coming back. He took Siakim with the intent that Bebe is playing for us full time next year, I bet.

We have about 6 mill in cap & the 3/5.7 MLE. That does mean we can spen up to about 9 mill a season on a player, correct?

Not quite. That 3 and 6 can't be combined.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I trust Masai knows what he's doing.

Bebe..are u f@#king kidding me,that guy should b D league,out of the league,..have u seen what the east has done..
                      Dwight howard Atl, Serge Ibaka and Biz orlando, Al Horford Boston..proabably more I can't think of..and Bebe,Poeltl,Sakim..common man...This is a huge problem..raps are in trouble..
                      Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sat Jul 2, 2016, 07:30 PM.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Bebe..are u f@#king kidding me,that guy should b D league,out of the league,..have u seen what the east has done..
                        Dwight howard Atl, Serge Ibaka and Biz orlando, Al Horford Boston..proabably more I can't think of..and Bebe,Poeltl,Sakim..common man...
                        Serge, Biz, Howard are WAY overvalued.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Serge, Biz, Howard are WAY overvalued.

Not in the East..they are all starting PF or Centers,raps don't have a starting PF,patrick patterson is not starting pf,sorry..but he ain't.

P.S

Raptors had big problems rebounding,Biz solved that problem,defensive interior,now that his gone and no starting PF,raptors are barely playoff team with the squad they have..against the improved East..
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            Not in the East..they are all starting PF or Centers,raps don't have a starting PF,patrick patterson is not starting pf,sorry..but he ain't.

P.S

Raptors had big problems rebounding,Biz solved that problem,defensive interior,now that his gone and no starting PF,raptors are barely playoff team with the squad they have..against the improved East..
                            Luis Scola was our starting PF and we went to the ECF. Don't panic yet we will be fine.

Comment

• Yeah I'm starting to panic.

Our big rotation as it stand is

Jonas / Noguiera / Siakam
                              Patterson / Poeltl

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I'm starting to panic.

Our big rotation as it stand is

Jonas / Noguiera / Siakam
                                Patterson / Poeltl
                                It's the 2nd day of FA there is no way that is going to be our big rotation come November.

Comment

Working...
                                X