Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo and Maury have been extended 24 hours since they are tied.

Will wait for the conclusion of their match to decide what happens next.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yah I'm trying my best to stay involved in the discussions for the other games.

Comment

• Legacy League S2 Draft

Maury wrote: View Post
        Yah I'm trying my best to stay involved in the discussions for the other games.
        Yeah, the original hope (last year) was that others would be openly debating each other's posts.

For example, in my match with JimiCliff (congrats by the way), when Mack North said it would come down to the wire and then, paraphrased, that LeBron would win it, that would have been a great opportunity for posters to engage in a Bird vs LeBron debate. I had already alluded to my view that Bird was better with my image but couldn't discuss it any further; the hope would be that people offer their opinion on the teams and advantages and people debate those instead of simply voting.

Replying to and debating each other's opinions is the best way to get a conversation going that might draw in more activity from non-playing members.

Almost makes me wonder if allowing more posts in your own matches would help stir things up. Our week one votes were all double digits but the last two weeks have been 4-3,5-4 type scores.
        Last edited by Axel; Thu Jul 28, 2016, 05:53 PM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So after all matches this week, the current Legacy standings are:
          Bobloblaw 3-0
          e_wheazy 3-0
          Maury 3-0
          Axel 2-1
          Joey 2-1
          Apollo 1-2
          TTF 1-2
          007 1-2
          Jimi 1-2
          Cody 1-2
          Doge 0-3
          Mack 0-3

If we drop Doge and Mack, that still leaves us 10. We can't give 2 byes to make it 8 since we have 3 undefeated teams. Thinking to do one more week at 10 teams, hope it allows us to separate the pack at bit to either have 2 byes or 2 more eliminated.

Comment

• Did Doge and Mack quit? A shame to lose them. Doge has such a scary team and Mack's team is just very interesting to think about in these matchups, so many old players.

It's a shame that outside posters don't really care about it this time. Maybe it would get more active if the pace was slower and there were fewer matchups to vote? i think last year it was more like a couple matchups at once.

I don't know. I guess novelty effect is a big part of it. Last year everyone was excited because they hadn't seen it before, this year it's more the core group.
            Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jul 29, 2016, 08:17 AM. Reason: was mixing up Doge and Cody's teams

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Did Doge and Mack quit? These are two of the more interesting teams with a bunch of old players, if I'm not mistaken. Kind of a shame to lose them, it was interesting just to think about matchups with those teams.
              No idea what happened to Doge. I know one week he was away camping but last week have no clue. Mack says he is too busy right now.

Comment

• yeah i didn't have time to make adjustments and i half tried on my ggame plan... .BUT i got it in. This has been a bad week for me.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  So after all matches this week, the current Legacy standings are:
                  Bobloblaw 3-0
                  e_wheazy 3-0
                  Maury 3-0
                  Axel 2-1
                  Joey 2-1
                  Apollo 1-2
                  TTF 1-2
                  007 1-2
                  Jimi 1-2
                  Cody 1-2
                  Doge 0-3
                  Mack 0-3

If we drop Doge and Mack, that still leaves us 10. We can't give 2 byes to make it 8 since we have 3 undefeated teams. Thinking to do one more week at 10 teams, hope it allows us to separate the pack at bit to either have 2 byes or 2 more eliminated.
                  Did I not win my second matchup?
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Did I not win my second matchup?
                    No you didn't. There were additional votes in the comments that swung the tally.

Comment

No you didn't. There were additional votes in the comments that swung the tally.
                      Yeah I was accounting for that. Thought at least one of those comment votes actually voted up in the poll. And one of them definitely came way after the poll closed.
                      Last edited by JimiCliff; Fri Jul 29, 2016, 10:38 AM.
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Legacy League S2 Draft

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I was accounting for that. Thought at least one of those comment votes actually voted up in the poll. And one of them definitely came way after the poll closed.
                        I'll double check the next time I have access to a pc but the count when I checked all the matches was a loss for you. Since I'm off to the cottage I won't have access but it won't impact this week either way.
                        Last edited by Axel; Fri Jul 29, 2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

No idea what happened to Doge. I know one week he was away camping but last week have no clue. Mack says he is too busy right now.
                          If Doge has a change of heart he can have my spot. I honestly thought this was going to be like last year and didn't realize I was committing in a season format and then playoffs. I don't want to hurt the league, that's for sure and I will honor my spot and see this through if Doge is uninterested in continuing and by that I mean he can't commit to competing on a weekly basis.

Comment

I'll double check the next time I have access to a pc but the count when I checked all the matches was a loss for you. Since I'm off to the cottage I won't have access but it won't impact this week either way.
                            It was 4-3 for Jimi by the poll, with a write in vote for me, making it 4-4.

A day after the poll had closed I got another write in vote. It was late, but the precedent that has been set is that the match up gets extended in case of tie?
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post

A day after the poll had closed I got another write in vote. It was late, but the precedent that has been set is that the match up gets extended in case of tie?
                              I thought I'd checked that the write in had also voted in the poll, because I remember thinking that I'd won. Could be wrong tho.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post

Without verifying the info, that, in theory, sounds accurate.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I thought I'd checked that the write in had also voted in the poll, because I remember thinking that I'd won. Could be wrong tho.
                                I did check each matches poll vs the comments to verify each singular vote. I will double check when I can but I believe everything to be correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X