This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League S2 Draft

New thread for the legacy league season 2 draft. Update to follow....

Initial Rules Message
    Ok gents, we have a 12 team league and will draft 10 players in snake format. The commitment required is that you are checking in at the draft thread at least every 12 hours. If you know you are going to be gone longer than 12 hours, let people know by posting in the thread and/or PMing me. If you have an unexplained absence of longer than 12 hours, your team may be given to someone else. People are much more willing to wait for you if they know you are gone and when you'll be back. Hoping to not have to replace anyone this year. Alternatively, you may provide a draft list to myself or another participant if you are comfortable with that. Please post in the thread if you are giving a list to someone other than me so we know it's legit.

The draft thread has been created in the fantasy subforum (http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...826#post664826) - it will be ground central for everything from here on out.

The draft order will be created randomly and posted later today with the intention of the draft officially starting on Monday (I say officially, because once the draft order is set, #1 is free to kick things off). We are drafting any player in basketball history with the intent of that player being in their prime/peak for our games. Longevity and injuries are not explicitly relevant but may influence voters.

After the draft is complete (this may take a week or so), the first round match ups will be randomly generated. Each team will be given an opportunity to provide a "Gameplan" for their opponent, which will be added to the matchup thread on the main forum. Each team will be allowed to submit 1 follow up "In-Game adjustment" once they have seen their opponents gameplan and/or voter comments. Public voting for 48 hours will determine the winner. Remember to vote for yourself. Votes using the poll and comment-votes will be accepted (to allow for mobile users to vote) as will be explained on the thread for all RR members to understand.

The Gameplan - you are limited to 150 words and one graphic/picture or video. For word count, PPG would count as a single word, but any non-stat abbreviation will count for the full number (we want these to be readable, not chicken scratch garble on a drunken cocktail napkin). If you exceed 150 words, anything after 150 will be left off the post. With your first gameplan, please provide your starting line up and bench which will not count for your word count. Any lineup changes for future match ups will not count for the word count.

The In-Game Adjustment - you are not allowed to post in your game thread with the exception of the In-game Adjustment. 50 words and one graphic/picture or video.

Any other questions or comments, please post them in the draft thread for all to see.
    Last edited by Axel; Sun Jul 10, 2016, 05:12 AM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Draft order
    1 Maury
    2 JimiCliff
    3 Cody
    4 TrueTorontoFan
    5 Axel
    6 Apollo
    7 Mack11
    8 007
    9 Joey
    10 Dogelover1234
    11 Bobloblaw
    12 e_wheazy

Snake format so round 2 starts with e_wheazy and ends with Maury

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Comment

Again near the back of the order, I was hoping for a top pick this time
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Ya, not too pleased with that order ... you'd think the Defending Champ would be shown a little respect. Sheesh.

Comment

Thing to remember, we have fewer people this time, so we will be getting better players.

Joey picking 9&16 which is essentially 2 first rounders from last year.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Thing to remember, we have fewer people this time, so we will be getting better players.

Joey picking 9&16 which is essentially 2 first rounders from last year.

Comment

Honoured to have the first pick even tho it was complete luck. So am I safe to assume I can kick us off?

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  Honoured to have the first pick even tho it was complete luck. So am I safe to assume I can kick us off?
                  You are good to go.

Comment

Being first totally threw me off and changes my game plan quite a bit but I couldn't not take the goat.

Comment

GO GO GO DO IT NOW!!l!

Comment

lol a little too latw

Comment

Joey you're in a good spot if you ask me. I actually wanted to be somewhere in the second third.

Comment

My entire draft strategy hinges on getting then guy I want in the first round. If he is gone, then I really don't know what to do. I'd say I have a 50/50 of getting him.

Comment

JimiCliff is "unofficially" on the clock.

I say unofficially since the PM said tomorrow, but hopefully we can get some in tonight. JimiCliff hasn't been online in a couple of hours, so he's due right?

Comment

Working...
                              X