Team USA's starting 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team USA's starting 5?

The Team USA roster has been officially announced. Who should be the starting 5 for the 1st game in Rio?

In my opinion, it should be:

PG - Irving
    SG - Klay
    SF - Durant
    PF - Melo
    C - Cousins

Here's the full roster.

Mamba Mentality

PG - Irving

SG - Butler

SF - Durant

PF - Green

C - Cousins

I think Jimmy G Buckets is the best 2 guard on that roster, but maybe Klay would fit better in the international style of play.

Comment

Lowry, George, Durant, Green, Cousins

Comment

Irving, Klay, Butler, Green & Boogie.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

i think irving, klay, and durant are locks.

i think if melo starts then DJ would start at the 5. the alternative would be draymond starting with boogie.

i would go with the latter, we'll see what coach K does. i imagine whether melo starts or not he'll play starters mins and be a fixture of crunch time lineups.

Comment

I think the best team would probably be Kyrie, Klay, George, Durant, Cousins, just the best combination of talent with priority on shooting, size, length.

But Melo has to start just out of respect. He played for this team for like 15 years, not sure if he ever took a break, he seems to be on that team all the time, and he always sacrificed any ego and played like a role player. I think he has to start, even if he plays under 20 minutes because forward positions are loaded.

so with that in mind, i guess maybe

Kyrie, George, Durant, Melo, Cousins
            or
            go centerless against some teams with Kyrie, Klay, George, Durant, Melo

Who cares really, they could start the worst lineup and still dominate this competition.

Comment

ya i wasn't suggesting melo will see heavy mins because i think he's the most talented or anything, but he's been a big part of their program for 12 years, has the most experience, and the coach trusts him.

i think green will play a lot because they need his playmaking ability without CP/harden and with two score-first point guards. i like both of these lineups

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Kyrie, Klay, George, Durant, Cousins

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              centerless against some teams with Kyrie, Klay, George, Durant, Melo
              with green instead of george. although i do think george will be first wing-sub off the bench.

Comment

I would do Kyrie, Klay or Butler, Durant, Draymond, Cousins. But man a team that's likely bringing Jimmy Butler and Paul George off the bench is going to have some good perimeter defence.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lowry would be a better as starter kyrie can be the microwave off the bench. Somebody's gotta get these guys the ball and play hard defense..
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think it will be kyrie,clay,durant,green, and I don't know who the center will be. I am making these assumptions based on what I think coach K's preferences are that being said Melo may get the nod over green which I think is a mistake because green can distribute. Frankly if they are doing very well an effort should be made to get everyone some playing time.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      Lowry, George, Durant, Green, Cousins
                      I think this would be much better. Lowry and green distribute well

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I think this would be much better. Lowry and green distribute well
                        Yes that is the best group. Guys that can only score and not much else (kyrie, carmelo) should be microwaves off the bench
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X