Silver made an example out of Hinkie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver made an example out of Hinkie?

"The league has never hidden its distaste for tanking, and sources around the NBA say Silver grew more irritated after the Sixers lost their first 18 games last fall and (Jahlil) Okafor was involved in multiple off-court incidents. Ultimately, those sources say, it is likely that a combination of all those factors led to Jerry Colangelo's hiring."

According to sources, Silver was "scared" by the "glorification of the Process." Silver attempted to reform the lottery as a deterrent for teams to tank as the 76ers did under Hinkie.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Regime-Change

*places tinfoil hat on head*

And conveniently, the Sixers don't win the lottery until he's gone...

*almost takes tinfoil hat off head, but leaves it on*

...which marks the second consecutive time that Brian Colangelo, he of royal NBA blood, wins the lottery as he assumes control of a franchise.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I am really not liking Adam silvers tenure so far. Tanking sucks but they have to market. Make it harder for players to control the league so we have parity and teams won't be forced to do what philly did. Christ. Then he wants to get rid of hack a shaq because bigs are relying on athleticism instead of skill so the game turns into small ball all over the place. #makeiteasierforsuperteams

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think if a team loses a star player to another team they should be compensated in picks. The NFL has this and it helps.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I think if a team loses a star player to another team they should be compensated in picks. The NFL has this and it helps.
          It's done in the NHL with RFA's too.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

The deal the league office brought down was to dump Hinkie and bring in a "traditional" basketball guy to run the ship in exchange for the 76ers getting the number one lottery pick.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              The deal the league office brought down was to dump Hinkie and bring in a "traditional" basketball guy to run the ship in exchange for the 76ers getting the number one lottery pick.
              Yes, they also planned the 9/11 attacks.... it was an inside job man, I'm telling you
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Yeah I like this idea, It happens in Baseball,Hockey, and football but not in the NBA
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                X