No announcement yet.

The Official 2016 Raptors Summer League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it safe to say poeltl has a leg up on bebe for fourth big?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Is it safe to say poeltl has a leg up on bebe for fourth big?
      I don't know that it is. BeBe was pretty effective when he played last year. And they might feel Poeltl will gain more getting consistent reps in the D-League while BeBe has basically nothing to gain from that and needs a shot to prove he belongs in the rotation. Plus if they move on from BeBe, they probably want him to get that shot first, not only to decide to move on from him, but also to advertise him so he could fetch value.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I don't know that it is. BeBe was pretty effective when he played last year. And they might feel Poeltl will gain more getting consistent reps in the D-League while BeBe has basically nothing to gain from that and needs a shot to prove he belongs in the rotation. Plus if they move on from BeBe, they probably want him to get that shot first, not only to decide to move on from him, but also to advertise him so he could fetch value.
        I too am hoping this is the case. I am quite high on bebe. He was so effective in short bursts mid season last year, his length was just messing with the opposition in the paint.

Comment

Yup, they've already started signalling this process by not having him participate in Summer league.

Comment

Agreed. Part of the problem with bebe is that his best skill on offence is passing out of the high post. They use it on 905 but not raps.
            Yes, delon should try things in summer league but hes not adjusting and his play is mimicking norm. He needs to pass to yak out of pnr more and stop leaving his feet to make the swing pass kick out. Make the decision before the double has fully collapsed. I was worried in second half of first game and it's gotten worse. Expectation vs performance, delon has been more disappointing than the other rooks. That's a little harsh but this is a big opportunity for delon. He's just buried too deep in roster and dleague won't be same exposure.

Comment

Bebe is obviously trade bait/filler and I'm sure Masai is still working the phones to see what deals are out there before training camp. With his injury history, they might not even want to take the chance of him hurting himself in a layup line.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Bebe is obviously trade bait/filler and I'm sure Masai is still working the phones to see what deals are out there before training camp. With his injury history, they might not even want to take the chance of him hurting himself in a layup line.
                I don't know if it as obvious as you think it to be. As far as bait he has no value league wide, and as far as filler he doesn't make much. The only young guns on the team with any value are probably Powell and poeltl.

Masai was quite high on bebe in various quotes last year. I dunno how that could change before he gets a real honest crack at nba play

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  I think his injury history is overblown - basically nothing serious that we know of.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    I would argue the exact opposite. Summer league is exactly the kind of situation where you demand a guy step out of his comfort zone and do different things that he may not be proficient at.
                    I meant more for when they actually get to camp. I agree about summer league, but we've seen Casey ask guys to play a style other than their own, including our current best player in his first year with us, trying to turn Lowry into Calderon for some reason. So they shouldn't force Delon to do something similar.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Also yak needs strength. Not that bebe is a powerhouse. It's not just kuzmic, yak got knocked around by smaller guys in college. Yaks needs some dleague time whereas bebe needs NBA time. Bebe gets first crack. He showed some promise as a rim runner vs atl. Now that biz is gone he will get more run. Personally I'm not a Sully guy but we will see if he comes to camp in shape.

Comment

• One thing I will say about summer league is that they need to win to keep playing. I was really disappointed last yr and wanted to punch McDermott. That monkey almost came back to bite us last night. Siakam will help a lot. And I think Bruno will have more confidence.

Comment

• If Pascal and Norm are playing they shouldn't have a problem getting rid of Minni but without Pascal they are pretty much an even team and without Norm they will probably lose.

Comment

• When is the game today? Don't see it on nbatv

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                              When is the game today? Don't see it on nbatv
                              4pm Eastern time.

Comment

• I think it's on ESPN U

Comment

Working...
                                X