Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Jakob needs to learn how to box out
    He really does. Consistently tries to out jumop guys when he has no hops lol
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• We better get some calls from.Danny Crawford next season
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        so what exactly is the benefit these guys get from playing in this league?
        Lets the complainers get an early start on the season.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Lets the complainers get an early start on the season.
          The Up & Down season never ends, my friend!

Comment

Amazing block by Bruno wow
            he must be frustrating to inbound against long and very active

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Delon tries to do too much at times still.
              frankly he had a few regular season games where has looked better more in control less turnovers

Comment

Jakob with the jumper
                nice dime from bruno

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  Ok good. I thought he might have destroyed his acl or something.
                  Stop stealing GFL's lines.

Comment

• anyone else have six heart attacks when Powell went down?

Thank Raptor Jesus, he is okay.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Man what a frustrating game to watch. Poeltl couldn't grab a rebound.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        We play Golden State tonight 10 pm ET. On NBA TV.

I only watched about half their game last night, but the McCaw kid looked pretty good - seemed like a fit for their system.

Poeltl will have his hands full with the Kuzmic guy on the boards. He's about 6 years older than yak.
                        Posted this after watching GS's previous game.

McCaw was the best player on the court for much of the game. Has a chance to turn out well for GS especially since they purchased this pick from the Bucks. Side note: I understand the Raptors selling pick #59 a couple of years back, but the Bucks selling #38 in a very deep draft? Just another example of why they're a mediocre organization.

Poeltl struggled a bit more than even I expected. One thing though, this was his 4th game in 6 days. Never do that in college, so maybe this shouldn't have been a surprise, especially banging down low against a 26 yr old.

Bruno actually exceeded my (admittedly not high) expectations. Had that one ugly turnover, but drew fouls attacking off the dribble, the nice dish to Poeltl and a pretty awesome clean block late in the game.

Delon has to improve his shot to get regular NBA minutes.

Hope Dunn is back for the next game to give our boys a good test.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

so what exactly is the benefit these guys get from playing in this league?
                          A lot of it is from the teams' perspectives. For the new draft picks, it gives the team a chance to get them into practices, learn the team's workouts, sets, defense, meet coaches and players, get the players into the development pipeline. It also gives the team a chance to check in on second year guys and keep them on track, work with them, etc. Plus, you get to invite D-League players and camp invite type guys and see them up close and personal.

For the players, it depends. A lot of guys are fighting for jobs in DLeague or overseas and good showings can help them stay playing pro ball. For guys who have guaranteed NBA jobs, I think it's less about development in terms of playing but, again, meeting and working with coaches and other players, etc.

My suspicion is that, while the games aren't irrelevant, they are immaterial and most of the evaluation and work is done behind the scenes.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            A lot of it is from the teams' perspectives. For the new draft picks, it gives the team a chance to get them into practices, learn the team's workouts, sets, defense, meet coaches and players, get the players into the development pipeline. It also gives the team a chance to check in on second year guys and keep them on track, work with them, etc. Plus, you get to invite D-League players and camp invite type guys and see them up close and personal.

For the players, it depends. A lot of guys are fighting for jobs in DLeague or overseas and good showings can help them stay playing pro ball. For guys who have guaranteed NBA jobs, I think it's less about development in terms of playing but, again, meeting and working with coaches and other players, etc.

My suspicion is that, while the games aren't irrelevant, they are immaterial and most of the evaluation and work is done behind the scenes.
                            To me it's just a bunch of chuckers fighting for a minimum NBA contract, and the only thing that's happened to our actual nba guaranteed contract players is injuries. That and Delon Wright looking like 1st round lowry and demar against scrubs... not encouraging.

Comment

To me it's just a bunch of chuckers fighting for a minimum NBA contract, and the only thing that's happened to our actual nba guaranteed contract players is injuries. That and Delon Wright looking like 1st round lowry and demar against scrubs... not encouraging.
                              Don't really understand what's going on with Delon. Last year's summer league he looked so poised and under control - like he didn't even belong with these scrubs. This year's summer league he looks like shaky and making some really bad decisions. His whole strength coming in was his composure and controlling the pace of a game - he couldn't be sped up. He's a 4-year college player with one full year of the NBA under his belt. His body doesn't look noticeably stronger either.

What's up with this guy?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Don't really understand what's going on with Delon. Last year's summer league he looked so poised and under control - like he didn't even belong with these scrubs. This year's summer league he looks like shaky and making some really bad decisions. His whole strength coming in was his composure and controlling the pace of a game - he couldn't be sped up. He's a 4-year college player with one full year of the NBA under his belt. His body doesn't look noticeably stronger either.

What's up with this guy?
                                I dont think we can read too much into it. Last year he was probably asked to come in and play his game and be comfortable. It wouldn't be surprising if this year they pushed him out of his comfort zone, some guys play well when they get pushed other guys don't.

Hopefully they let him fall back into his style of game and work on improving that, cause i personally really like his style of game

Comment

Working...
                                X