No announcement yet.

Starting PF 2016-2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what you guys were watching but Paterson did not work as a starting PF and not only his numbers suffered, the bench was weaker as well and ...

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
      I don't know what you guys were watching but Paterson did not work as a starting PF and not only his numbers suffered, the bench was weaker as well and ...
      That was essentially why I started the thread. We do need starting PF. 2Pat needs to stick with bench guys.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Agree...Its highly unlikely the raps GM and coaching staff veer away from their pattern of bringing guys along slowly with stints in the d league for game experience and practice with the big team or d league team every day that's open. Ujiri will sign two ready to play now NBA types and both Poeltl and Siakam will repeat the same development patern that Wright/Powell/Bruno and Bebe did last year.
        Raps unless there is catastrophic injury won't play the rooks big minutes this year.
        Am thinking they see less than 250 minutes of NBA court time. Between them.
        Who ? Terrance Jones looking better and better now that David West gone to Warriors.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Based on the smallest of sample sizes. There's really no reason why Pat can't start at PF.

Comment

Free agents left: Sullinger (unlikely), Terrence Jones, Bass, Jordan Hill, Derrick Williams, David Lee, Thomas Robinson, Anthony Randolph, Mo Speights, D-Mo (unlikely)

Probable Trade Candidates: Taj Gibson, Faried, Noel, Amir?

Comment

Please sign Terrance Jones. If he's healthy and given the opportunity, this guy could breakout

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                Please sign Terrance Jones. If he's healthy and given the opportunity, this guy could breakout
                At this point either him or Taj Gibson would be my choices.

Comment

Terrence jones from Rockets blog perspective - bold is mine

Jones appeared to be ready for a breakout heading into 2014-15, but since then he has been hammered by bizarre injuries, including a collapsed lung, nerve inflammation, eye laceration and recovery from a car accident. But even when healthy in 2015-16, he was just plain unproductive, shooting a career-low from the field and routinely getting lost in switches and pick-and-roll defensive sets. In the final 27 games of the regular season and postseason, Jones played a grand total of 5 minutes — all in garbage time of a rout of the Timberwolves on April 11.
                  I'm not positive Jones isn't coming to Toronto, but I highly doubt it. He seems more like a Philly pickup - give him minutes and maybe he'll get it, and if he doesn't, well he ain't gonna cost them a playoff spot.

We don't have that luxury - we need someone more dependable, even if they don't have as high a ceiling.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                    Free agents left: Sullinger (unlikely), Terrence Jones, Bass, Jordan Hill, Derrick Williams, David Lee, Thomas Robinson, Anthony Randolph, Mo Speights, D-Mo (unlikely)

Probable Trade Candidates: Taj Gibson, Faried, Noel, Amir?
                    Noel, Faried are my choices.

Comment

Based on what's left now (in order)

-Gibson
                      -Noel
                      -Derrick Williams
                      -Faried (very unlikely but what the heck)
                      -Bass
                      -TJones

Come on Masai...at least one, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dedmon or Bass are my choices to back up Patterson.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Patterson, Gibson or Poeltl

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Patterson, Gibson or Poeltl
                            We need defence and rim protection and experience. Taj Gibson seems like the guy just the asking price ? If we could do it without giving up TR that would be the way to go. I still think we need Ross ' shooting.

Comment

Just, why would Chicago would trade him now?

Comment

from whats left...Tier 1- Faried or Noel, Tier 2- Monroe or Lee are my options. They are the only ones that MAY move the needle if used right in a nice high-low game with JV....anyone else is just filler.

Comment

Working...
                                X