Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    A lot of the Olympics stuff I don't care about but I get totally sucked into the swimming every four years. Another Canadian woman came in 5th last night in the breaststroke (?). Nice to see our female swimmers doing well.

Meanwhile, the male athletes are just totally outclassed in pretty much every event (assuming we even have anyone who has qualified for the Olympics) across the board. And in sports where the men used to be best in class (like the rowing 8s where Canada had been a dominant force for decades) we actually cancelled the entire program and replaced it with two other programs that we are apparently completely unprepared for and have totally shit the bed.

I get the focus on successful programs (and I'm all for it) but perhaps our federations need to start paying attention to the fact our men's teams are complete non-factors in every sport.
    Our men did defeat the 5th ranked USA men in volleyball the other day, 3-0, so there's that.

Comment

Like father, like son

Comment

Canada's women's soccer team playing well, two nice goals on Germany. France in the playoffs probably.

Comment

And if i just heard it correctly, Germany was 12-0 vs. Canada till this game (all time matchups). Nice job.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            And if i just heard it correctly, Germany was 12-0 vs. Canada till this game (all time matchups). Nice job.
            Damn our women r dominating Canada's Olympic team lol

Comment

Awesome soccer win, and another bronze medal!
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                Awesome soccer win, and another bronze medal!
                Yup I just watched replay of women's synchronized 10m diving. North Korea nearly beat us

Comment

Colombia playing well too (women's soccer), had a lead vs. US but just allowed an equalizer.

Which i guess is good for Canada, because if US lost here, they'd play Canada next, that would be a tough break, two best teams so far in the tournament in round 1.

Comment

Colombia playing well too (women's soccer), had a lead vs. US but just allowed an equalizer.

Which i guess is good for Canada, because if US lost here, they'd play Canada next, that would be a tough break, two best teams so far in the tournament in round 1.
                    U.S. is going for gold. There's no better team in the tournament imo

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      U.S. is going for gold. There's no better team in the tournament imo
                      Yep, they are pretty much like their men's team in basketball. Dream team. Americans could probably send their B team and still probably win. But fun to see Colombians play them well!

Comment

And just when i wrote it, Colombians went down 1-2.

Comment

Colombia with an equalizer after the main clock ran out. Great game. This women's soccer tournament is pretty fun.

Comment

Colombia with an equalizer after the main clock ran out. Great game. This women's soccer tournament is pretty fun.
                            Yup, women always bring quality into the olympics tournament. Best male players are already playing for their clubs

Comment

What a swim by USA's Katie Ledecky. Wow. She's amazing.

Comment

Canadian men putting up a good fight vs #1 Brazil in volleyball. Took the first set and trying to come back in the second.

Comment

Working...
                                X