Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bargnani: "I am ready to be the franchise player."

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani: "I am ready to be the franchise player."

Oh lord ... help us all.

In an interview released at Il Corriere dello Sport, Andrea Bargnani talked about the season of Toronto, the future of the franchise with or without Chris Bosh and his presence in the summer with Italian NT.

"We are disappointed and I never thought that after 82 games the season would have been decided in the last game. We had too many ups and downs, especially after the All-Star break" said 'Il Mago' who spoke also about the situation of his ankle.

"There is a bone spur which makes me problems. We are considering the possibility of surgery but I hope to avoid it" added Bargnani.

The Italian big man talked on the future of Raptors who risk to lose Chris Bosh.

"If Chris will leave I am ready to be the franchise player: I was never scared by responsibilities".

Former Benetton Treviso player finished speaking about the Italian NT:

"I really want to play for Italy but after the season with Raptors and the camps, I can't play two months in the summer with Italy. My body doesn't hold the effort. We must find a solution good for Italy, Raptors and me" said Bargnani.
    Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

His heart is in the right place. All we can do is hope that he continues to work hard in the off-season...

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I just want to say that me, Arsenalist, is ready to be a franchise player.

That doesn't mean I'm capable of being a franchise player.

Post Thanks / Like

I like your heart kid, you'll go far.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If wishing only made it so ....

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be awfully simplistic but it seems to me that when an Italian athlete does well no matter where they play it is good for Italy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Guys, I just want to say that me, Arsenalist, is ready to be a franchise player.

That doesn't mean I'm capable of being a franchise player.
    You may not be the franchise player but you are for sure the Raptors franchise blogger

Don't let it go to your head. LOL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i just threw up everywhere from reading that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote spacejam wrote: View Post
    i just threw up everywhere from reading that
    For the record could you clarify which noun the word "that" is referring to in your comment

We need to be absolutely clear on this, just for the record, you understand

Post Thanks / Like

Bahaha you're just worried it was directed at you because you were the last to post prior to the puke statement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bahaha you're just worried it was directed at you because you were the last to post prior to the puke statement.

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a can't miss matchup if it were to happen, CB4 coming back to Toronto and Il Mago getting the assignment. CB with his array of post moves vs the shooting and driving Barg's. Thinking about it, I dont think it'd be as much of a mismatch as some might think. CB's handle and latteral moves isnt as quick, and his jumper would need to be on to be effective. I would almost give the edge to Barg's 1 on 1.....if he's ready to play that is....what do u guys think? who wins that matchup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    That would be a can't miss matchup if it were to happen, CB4 coming back to Toronto and Il Mago getting the assignment. CB with his array of post moves vs the shooting and driving Barg's. Thinking about it, I dont think it'd be as much of a mismatch as some might think. CB's handle and latteral moves isnt as quick, and his jumper would need to be on to be effective. I would almost give the edge to Barg's 1 on 1.....if he's ready to play that is....what do u guys think? who wins that matchup.
    For Bargnani to have a chance to stop CB4, Bargnani would have to foul at a rate that makes Johnson look like a never commit a foul player.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

haha that throwing up was directed at bargnani as a franchise player not your post

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    For Bargnani to have a chance to stop CB4, Bargnani would have to foul at a rate that makes Johnson look like a never commit a foul player.
    I dont know man, CB isnt exactly Dikembe Mutombo on defense either and is doesnt take it that hard to the hoop everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    I dont know man, CB isnt exactly Dikembe Mutombo on defense either and is doesnt take it that hard to the hoop everytime.
    You have a good point there, though I do seem to recall CB4 wagging his finger at ??? Oh yea that was not during a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    His heart is in the right place. All we can do is hope that he continues to work hard in the off-season...
    i agree.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The ironic thing is that if Bosh leaves, Bargs will likely have a better statistical season than Bosh.

Bosh will come in at around 49% FG, 80% FT 21-10, 1 block and not much else and Bargs unless he somehow regresses which shouldn't be ruled out should come in at 47% FG, 79%FT 1.5 3pt, 19 ppg, 8 rbn, 1.5 blk.

By no means am I saying Bargs is better than Bosh or a better building block, but they are both offensive players first and foremost and while Bosh is adequate defensively and Bargs is....I don't think the defensive difference between the two covers the 10 million salary differential.

Raptors Republic Rookie daveyboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By no means am I saying Bargs is better than Bosh or a better building block, but they are both offensive players first and foremost and while Bosh is adequate defensively and Bargs is....I don't think the defensive difference between the two covers the 10 million salary differential.
    Bosh is not adequate defensively. Not one bit. He is every bit as poor on defense as Bargnani is(and in some ways, considerably worse), he just gets more of a pass here because he is efficient offensively and rebounds.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we can all agree he has the potential to be a franchise player
    from a skill standpoint
    i really dont know if he is mentally ready
    i hope he gets his head straight and realizes how good he can be, the team is in his hands if Bosh leaves...

Thread Information