Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani is the 5th Most Skilled 7 Footer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani is the 5th Most Skilled 7 Footer?

5. Andrea Bargnani — He’s not the Dirk Junior everybody wanted him to be when he got drafted No. 1 overall, but Bargnani is a dangerous three-point sniper and great passer who can play three positions. If Chris Bosh leaves Toronto this summer, Bargs gets his crack at being the Alpha.
    DimeMag.com

Defense and rebounding are skills. And I can play five positions, I just wouldn't be able to defend them worth crap.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dangerous 3 point sniper? 37 percent is only a danger to the rim and backboard.

Great passer? I'm not sure if Bargs could pass a physical.
      I'm a huge fan of the guy, but his scouting report should read something like:

A guy capable of eliciting love and hate in the same 30 second span, Andrea's short career has been as tumultuous as it gets. Paired with a great PF in Bosh, they at times act as the most dangerous front line in the NBA, at other times the presence of two black holes threatens to swallow the entire team. A rare player whose ceiling is just as high as his cellar is low. Four years in and the jury is still out, fans haven't been this divided on a person's future since the OJ trial. No one questions whether Andrea has the tools, they simply wonder if he can remember the combination to his tool box.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post

A guy capable of eliciting love and hate in the same 30 second span, Andrea's short career has been as tumultuous as it gets. Paired with a great PF in Bosh, they at times act as the most dangerous front line in the NBA, at other times the presence of two black holes threatens to swallow the entire team. A rare player whose ceiling is just as high as his cellar is low. Four years in and the jury is still out, fans haven't been this divided on a person's future since the OJ trial. No one questions whether Andrea has the tools, they simply wonder if he can remember the combination to his tool box.
        Perfect. I especially like this...

"Four years in and the jury is still out, fans haven't been this divided on a person's future since the OJ trial."
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

37% is solid as 3 pt. shooter. Not great, but adequate. it's equivalent to shooting 54.5% on 2 pt. shots, which is solid.

Comment

isn't league average 36%-ish? so, he's slightly above-average (against the league). but he's probably one of best among 7-footers. yaaaay...
            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

i don't know about the rest of you. but, i just don't see what you downers see about him. i think he's solid and i think you are just frustrated from this season being a failure and you are just being negative nancies.

especially you mr. mo-sales could you be any more of a negative nancy?

you say you love the guy but you're ripping him apart...?

that is like saying you're eating a veggie sandwich and it has ham in it.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

What is the point in having your centre shoot average from 3 point land. The only reason he should be shooting 3's is because he is good at them ie Channing Frye. He should shoot less of them with better accuracy and live inside the 3 point line.

Every negative thing I said about him was prefaced with a positive, but the reality is if his future mirrors his past he should be considered a failure. It is time to stop the incremental increases in potential actualized and make the leap instead of the teasing baby step routine the raps have gotten for the last four years.

Comment

What is the point in having your centre shoot average from 3 point land. The only reason he should be shooting 3's is because he is good at them ie Channing Frye. He should shoot less of them with better accuracy and live inside the 3 point line.

Every negative thing I said about him was prefaced with a positive, but the reality is if his future mirrors his past he should be considered a failure. It is time to stop the incremental increases in potential actualized and make the leap instead of the teasing baby step routine the raps have gotten for the last four years.
                  besides putting up good numbers what has bosh done in the 7 years he's been here?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i never thought Bargs was a sniper
                    he needs to cut on the Bricks.... some games i though the guy was trying to bulid a house

Comment

For a Raptor's fan Bargs will tease you with big performances and just when you think he is the Next Dirk, Zan Tabak rears his ugly head.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        i don't know about the rest of you. but, i just don't see what you downers see about him. i think he's solid and i think you are just frustrated from this season being a failure and you are just being negative nancies.

especially you mr. mo-sales could you be any more of a negative nancy?

you say you love the guy but you're ripping him apart...?

that is like saying you're eating a veggie sandwich and it has ham in it.
                        I've been griping about Bargnani since the day he was drafted. Even when the Raptors were winning. You don't see what we `downers' see about him?

For starters, he's below average defensively and on the boards. And he's seven feet. I don't care who it is, if your big man is going to be below average defensively AND on the boards, he's going to hurt your team. Period. People griped about Dirk's defense, but he's a half decent rebounder and much better scorer than Bargnani.

The fact that you think he's solid says far more about you than him. Tell me one thing he is above average at. One.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          isn't league average 36%-ish? so, he's slightly above-average (against the league). but he's probably one of best among 7-footers. yaaaay...
                          Sounds about right. Ain't nothing wrong with 37% from long range. Not spectacular but at center it beats everyone who attempted over 100 besides Frye and Okur.

Comment

Great passer? The guy's averaged 0.8, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.2 assists in his four years. No improvement whatsoever, and he was sold as a guy who had vision.

The guy can't even create his own shot, something like 73% of his shots come via assists. He's not dangerous at all, more like occasionally passable.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Sounds about right. Ain't nothing wrong with 37% from long range. Not spectacular but at center it beats everyone who attempted over 100 besides Frye and Okur.
                              There is something wrong with shooting 37% when he hoists by far the most threes on the team with 325, next closest is Turk with 289 and then Jack with 199. He's 5th on the team in 3pt percentage and Jack is 1st at 41%. Three-point shooting is HUGE (biggest?) part of his game and he's mediocre at it, that is not cool.

Saying 37% is great for a C wouldn't be incorrect if the C in question was a traditional C who rebounded, played defense and did, you know, shit other centers do. But since he doesn't do that, he better make it up by at least shooting 45% from three, otherwise it's not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X