Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post

Exactly what I'm hoping to see. Barely shot the corner three during his time in Boston, but if he can hit that shot consistently it really opens up the options for Toronto.
    Yeah, I don't know what the genius Brad Stevens was thinking making him take all those 3s from the top.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I don't know what the genius Brad Stevens was thinking making him take all those 3s from the top.

You really don't like brad Stevens..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        You really don't like brad Stevens..
        Just think he is overrated.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just think he is overrated.

What has he ever done to make you think he's anything other than a fantastic coach? I know he may look like they hired a 12 year old they found playing hopscotch with his pals, but here's a little rundown of what he was up to before the Celtics stuff everyone loves him for:
          In his first year, Stevens led Butler to 30 wins, becoming the third-youngest head coach in NCAA Division I history to have a 30-win season.

In 2010, his third year as head coach, Stevens broke the NCAA record for most wins in a coach's first three years, exceeding the previous record by eight. In the postseason, Stevens coached Butler to the first Final Four in school history. At 33 years old, Stevens became the second-youngest head coach to make a NCAA National Championship game, losing 61–59 to Duke. Shortly after the season ended, he signed a contract extension with Butler through the 2011–12 season. With the 2010–11 team making the Final Four, Stevens became the youngest coach to go to two Final Fours.[2] Stevens coached the Bulldogs in their second consecutive national championship game on April 4, 2011, where the team lost to the Huskies of the University of Connecticut.

Comment

What has he ever done to make you think he's anything other than a fantastic coach? I know he may look like they hired a 12 year old they found playing hopscotch with his pals, but here's a little rundown of what he was up to before the Celtics stuff everyone loves him for:
            In his first year, Stevens led Butler to 30 wins, becoming the third-youngest head coach in NCAA Division I history to have a 30-win season.

In 2010, his third year as head coach, Stevens broke the NCAA record for most wins in a coach's first three years, exceeding the previous record by eight. In the postseason, Stevens coached Butler to the first Final Four in school history. At 33 years old, Stevens became the second-youngest head coach to make a NCAA National Championship game, losing 61–59 to Duke. Shortly after the season ended, he signed a contract extension with Butler through the 2011–12 season. With the 2010–11 team making the Final Four, Stevens became the youngest coach to go to two Final Fours.[2] Stevens coached the Bulldogs in their second consecutive national championship game on April 4, 2011, where the team lost to the Huskies of the University of Connecticut.
            What does his college career have to do with his NBA career? There is a big difference between coaching boys compared to coaching grown millionare men. So far I dont see anything fantastic about his NBA career. He hasnt done anything Casey hasn't already done. So if his NBA carreer is fantastic than what is Casey's than?

Pretty sure Billy Donavan has a better college resume but, I dont see him being overhyped like Stevens.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

What does his college career have to do with his NBA career? There is a big difference between coaching boys compared to coaching grown millionare men. So far I dont see anything fantastic about his NBA career. He hasnt done anything Casey hasn't already done. So if his NBA carreer is fantastic than what is Casey's than?

Pretty sure Billy Donavan has a better college resume but, I dont see him being overhyped like Stevens.

So tyron lue is the best coach in the nba?

Comment

So tyron lue is the best coach in the nba?
                Did I say that?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Did I say that?

No but you seem to think nba wins and losses is the number one statistic in measuring a coach. Brad Stevens was a simply amazing ncaa head coach setting records (Billy donovan coached a beastly school unlike stevens)
                  Then he turned around an absolutely directionless and moribund celtics group in one calendar year and improved to near 50 wins the next season, on the back of such global household names like Marcus smart and 5'9 iso guard Thomas.

To say "what has he down that's so great" is pretty odd and kind of disrespectful. I guess you wanted a ring by his 3rd year of pro coaching with no all stars? I get that you wanna promote your boy casey, but it's ok to say they're both good coaches. There's more than one in the nba.

Comment

No but you seem to think nba wins and losses is the number one statistic in measuring a coach. Brad Stevens was a simply amazing ncaa head coach setting records (Billy donovan coached a beastly school unlike stevens)
                    Then he turned around an absolutely directionless and moribund celtics group in one calendar year and improved to near 50 wins the next season, on the back of such global household names like Marcus smart and 5'9 iso guard Thomas.

To say "what has he down that's so great" is pretty odd and kind of disrespectful. I guess you wanted a ring by his 3rd year of pro coaching with no all stars? I get that you wanna promote your boy casey, but it's ok to say they're both good coaches. There's more than one in the nba.
                    When it comes to teams achievements in NBA it's tricky to separate who gets how much credit between coaches and rosters especially ones loaded with allstars, proven players...where in one case a team could be ahead of his coach and deliver great results anyway( Kerr-less GS), and another coach able to raise a good team(without superstars) to over achieve.
                    And there are guys that are simply not fit to coach in today's modern NBA...

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                      When it comes to teams achievements in NBA it's tricky to separate who gets how much credit between coaches and rosters especially ones loaded with allstars, proven players...where in one case a team could be ahead of his coach and deliver great results anyway( Kerr-less GS), and another coach able to raise a good team(without superstars) to over achieve.
                      And there are guys that are simply not fit to coach in today's modern NBA...
                      Dwane casey is a very good coach. Not an amazing coach, but very good. In saying that though brad Stevens has had success follow him like his shadow for his entire short career and done more with less every step of the way. Lowry is top 10 arguably top 15 forsure, derozan score in bunches and after that we have 6 or 7 guys that could be quality starters on a most teams. That is the second best team in the east on paper. And 2 first round flameouts and, to be brutally honest, one of the ugliest conference finals runs in recent memory isn't exactly a stellar resume, yet.

Now, Brad Stevens finally has 2 (fringe) all stars and a pack of hungry talented young ballplayers. This will be a good year to see if he really is a lot better than dwane casey as I suspect. If casey and the raps can advance far again it might be time for everyone here to give the devil his due.

Comment

Actually, Casey coached an NBA greatest of all timer, Kevin Garnett, in his prime to a losing record and missed the playoffs. That was really difficult to do, and Casey accomplished that rare feat. Stevens hasn't achieved that either.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Actually, Casey coached an NBA greatest of all timer, Kevin Garnett, in his prime to a losing record and missed the playoffs. That was really difficult to do, and Casey accomplished that rare feat. Stevens hasn't achieved that either.
                          Casey had that team at 20-20 and was fired. The team went 12-30 the rest of the year. The franchise hasn't been at .500 since. Casey also has the second best winning % in timberwolves history.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Casey had that team at 20-20 and was fired. The team went 12-30 the rest of the year. The franchise hasn't been at .500 since. Casey also has the second best winning % in timberwolves history.

Casey was coming off a terrible 33 win season. Flip Saunders also got fired for coaching KG to a 26-25 record, coming off a 58 win season and 4 out of 5 seasons of 50+ wins. The expectations to win are high when you're coaching good/great players, so 20-20 is the same as losing.

That's the point you fail to grasp about Stevens - Danny Ainge has been somewhat trying to tank with young guys, role players and no depth on the roster; but Stevens has been coaching them up to a much better record than their talent indicates.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Casey was coming off a terrible 33 win season. Flip Saunders also got fired for coaching KG to a 26-25 record, coming off a 58 win season and 4 out of 5 seasons of 50+ wins. The expectations to win are high when you're coaching good/great players, so 20-20 is the same as losing.

That's the point you fail to grasp about Stevens - Danny Ainge has been somewhat trying to tank with young guys, role players and no depth on the roster; but Stevens has been coaching them up to a much better record than their talent indicates.
                              I thought the 20/20 was post kg, but I could be remembering wrong.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                I thought the 20/20 was post kg, but I could be remembering wrong.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
                                Yep, Miek. It was with KG - that's probably why he got fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X