Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I guess that's where we differ. I value coaches decisions and opinions more than on/off metrics. The fact is even with all those great on court stats no coach(Rick Alderman, Kevin McHale, Keith Smart, Mike Malone and Dwane Casey) in 2pat's 8 year tenure in the NBA has made him a full time starter. I think you need to stop treating that as a coincidence.

Were not getting anywhere going back and fourth. To tell you the truth im kind of tired of talking about 2pat. You have a goodnight Dan.
    I don't understand the relevancy of the previous coach point. Did I say Patterson was a starting quality PF a half decade ago? No, I said he was last season. Are players completely incapable of getting better as they age? Gee, DeMar must still be pretty bad then.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I don't understand the relevancy of the previous coach point. Did I say Patterson was a starting quality PF a half decade ago? No, I said he was last season. Are players completely incapable of getting better as they age? Gee, DeMar must still be pretty bad then.
      Dan Christian will praise any decision a raptor coach makes and will love pretty much any player that is on the raptors. He is a great fan but not very rational or sensible when discussing the faults of his team.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Dan Christian will praise any decision a raptor coach makes and will love pretty much any player that is on the raptors. He is a great fan but not very rational or sensible when discussing the faults of his team.
        If that were true, I wouldn't have an issue. But he's shown to be capable of criticizing certain things and not others. If it were blanket optimism there would be nothing to argue. Loving Scola and not PP, liking DD but not JV.... That's not blanket optimism.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If that were true, I wouldn't have an issue. But he's shown to be capable of criticizing certain things and not others. If it were blanket optimism there would be nothing to argue. Loving Scola and not PP, liking DD but not JV.... That's not blanket optimism.
          I guess you're right, but like I said it falls into loving everything that happened as a whole and the decisions made by the coach. It's still blind optimism. If Casey had started 2Pats Christian would think its the best decision he could have made, but since Casey started Scola he's going to back that.

Comment

• LOL. We now have the answer to the classic physics paradox:

What happens when an unstoppable force (DanH) meets an immovable object (Chr1st1anL)?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              LOL. We now have the answer to the classic physics paradox:

What happens when an unstoppable force (DanH) meets an immovable object (Chr1st1anL)?
              This is the best thing I've read in a while.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                LOL. We now have the answer to the classic physics paradox:

Endless bickering? Kind of anticlimactic.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  I guess you're right, but like I said it falls into loving everything that happened as a whole and the decisions made by the coach. It's still blind optimism. If Casey had started 2Pats Christian would think its the best decision he could have made, but since Casey started Scola he's going to back that.
                  No, he's wrong. When did I say I don't like 2pat or JV? Pretty sure I was cheering for both of them in playoffs. I just don't think 2pat is a starter in this league. He's great as a first big off the bench. JV(even though I expect him to make it this year)I just dont believe that he will be the perennial All-Star like most here. He's a good player I just think hhis inability to guard on the perimeter will hurt because of the way his position is trending.

The difference with me I'm not going to complain if were winning. At the end of the day that's all that matters. Did you win or lose? All the other stats really don't matter. Well at least to me.

I don't understand why everybody gets so bothered when someone has different views on things. Some of you guys take this way too personal.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Aug 28, 2016, 12:13 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Endless bickering? Kind of anticlimactic.
                    Welcome to married life, my friend. lol.

Comment

No, he's wrong. When did I say I don't like 2pat or JV? Pretty sure I was cheering for both of them in playoffs. I just don't think 2pat is a starter in this league. He's great as a first big off the bench. JV(even though I expect him to make it this year)I just dont believe that he will be the perennial All-Star like most here. He's a good player I just think hhis inability to guard on the perimeter will hurt because of the way his position is trending.

The difference with me I'm not going to complain if were winning. At the end of the day that's all that matters. Did you win or lose? All the other stats really don't matter. Well at least to me.

I don't understand why everybody gets so bothered when someone has different views on things. Some of you guys take this way too personal.
                      except that we haven't won anything important yet and there are glaring inefficiencies in our team that can be improved. but, you know, #RespectTheRecord #ProveEm #CoachesAlwaysKnowBest #IDon'tUnderstandStatistics.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        except that we haven't won anything important yet and there are glaring inefficiencies in our team that can be improved. but, you know, #RespectTheRecord #ProveEm #CoachesAlwaysKnowBest #IDon'tUnderstandStatistics.
                        Nothing short of getting a superstar is going to be enough to beat LBJ. Starting 2pat over Scola wouldn't of made a difference. If you guys think it would of than you must of not watched the finals. It's LBJ's world were just living in it.

Keep discounting the record all you want. Fact is Masai respects the record and rewarded his coach for it. It's funny you give people a stat and all of sudden they think thier more knowledgeable than people that do this for a living.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nothing short of getting a superstar is going to be enough to beat LBJ. Starting 2pat over Scola wouldn't of made a difference. If you guys think it would of than you must of not watched the finals. It's LBJ's world were just living in it.

Keep discounting the record all you want. Fact is Masai respects the record and rewarded his coach for it. It's funny you give people a stat and all of sudden they think thier more knowledgeable than people that do this for a living.
                          Dear god, what a load of crap, even for you.

What Cleveland proved in the Finals is that you need to keep giving yourself a fighters shot because anything can happen. You can play above yourself for a series and the opponent can struggle at the wrong time, but you have to reach the series and then make the most of your opportunities. Cleveland's Achilles is they lack a big man capable of shutting down a low post scoring big. They are certainly not an unstoppable juggernaut.

GMs and coaches screw up all the time. Getting Poeltl for Bargnani is enough proof of that. The record didn't win a title therefore it wasn't enough. 50+ wins doesn't get you anything.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Anyone here about sully 's summer workout regime or general condition

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Dear god, what a load of crap, even for you.

What Cleveland proved in the Finals is that you need to keep giving yourself a fighters shot because anything can happen. You can play above yourself for a series and the opponent can struggle at the wrong time, but you have to reach the series and then make the most of your opportunities. Cleveland's Achilles is they lack a big man capable of shutting down a low post scoring big. They are certainly not an unstoppable juggernaut.

GMs and coaches screw up all the time. Getting Poeltl for Bargnani is enough proof of that. The record didn't win a title therefore it wasn't enough. 50+ wins doesn't get you anything.
                              So you think that starting 2pat in the season would of made for a different outcome in that series? The guy that shot .300 percent from 3 in that round. Which were all wide open.

Another question do you think Masai thinks the record is meaningless?
                              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Aug 29, 2016, 07:33 AM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So you think that starting 2pat in the season would of made for a different outcome in that series? The guy that shot .300 percent from 3 in that round. Which were all wide open.

Another question do you think Masai thinks the record is meaningless ?
                                I think you have no idea what would have happened, nor does anyone else but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to put out the best team possible.

Masai is smart enough to know that the regular season record is better than where we were when he took the job but still short of where we want to be. Not meaningless but not the be-all-end-all that you seem to think it is to trump all opinions about concerns over the team. We aren't the Sixers, regular season record isn't what we judge by.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X