No announcement yet.

Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the season starts doesn't necessarily mean things have to stay that way. While JV and Sully make for a talented pairing, the lack of athleticism is a bit concerning.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      How the season starts doesn't necessarily mean things have to stay that way. While JV and Sully make for a talented pairing, the lack of athleticism is a bit concerning.
      The lack of athleticism doesn't worry me. Randolph and Gasol out in Memphis are far from athletic wonders, and they've gotten by. If the scheme suits Sullinger and JV, they'll be fine. If Casey expect Sullinger to give us what Biyombo did, then we have a problem. But the perimeter defense in front of them has to be solid.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Patterson plays to conservative. He's not as good of a stand still shooter as he thinks, he needs to get more involved in the offense to really fit in with the starting lineup. I like Sully as the starting 4, he has very good court vision and can rebound and score in a multitude of ways. He reminds me of a young boris diaw with the offensive skills of an al horford
        Last preseason he started most games and was trying to use more dribble drive action; unfortunately it is a weakness in his game and possibly was the justification for Scola "outplaying Patterson for the starting spot". Patterson's value is predominately catch and shoot floor spreader on offence and mobile hard worker on defence.

I do think Sullinger can start but the defensive mobility of him and JV as a pair will struggle with some matchups.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Last preseason he started most games and was trying to use more dribble drive action; unfortunately it is a weakness in his game and possibly was the justification for Scola "outplaying Patterson for the starting spot". Patterson's value is predominately catch and shoot floor spreader on offence and mobile hard worker on defence.

I do think Sullinger can start but the defensive mobility of him and JV as a pair will struggle with some matchups.
          Yeah, I was going to say, that's bad advice, it cost Patterson his starting spot last season.

I think Sully is a big enough improvement on Scola that the team will do well regardless of who starts, so long as Sully plays a bunch of C minutes.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

So he should work at it, not ditch it completely. A player should always be trying to expand their game.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              So he should work at it, not ditch it completely. A player should always be trying to expand their game.
              Yes, but the argument could be made that he lost his starting spot because of his attempt to use it during the meaningless preseason games. Hard to really push for him to be less conservative on offence when that seems best suited to his skills.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Pretty sure Patterson was encouraged to start putting it on the deck. It paid some dividends later on the season. I doubt that why he lost his starting spot, though it Amy have been tied to his gunshyness from 3 that may have been the primary cause.

Comment

• May

Comment

• I think guys are giving little credit to how important BBIQ is. Sullinger doesn't have to be the quickest guy to play good defence. Add to that, he knows how to use that body of his, he's smart. I like this pick up, I think its a very good fit.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      I think guys are giving little credit to how important BBIQ is. Sullinger doesn't have to be the quickest guy to play good defence. Add to that, he knows how to use that body of his, he's smart. I like this pick up, I think its a very good fit.
                      I would say Scola's BBIQ was pretty high in general but his lack of quickness and athleticism KILLED our defense. I think Sullinger's IQ is more on the offensive side not defensively.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        I think guys are giving little credit to how important BBIQ is. Sullinger doesn't have to be the quickest guy to play good defence. Add to that, he knows how to use that body of his, he's smart. I like this pick up, I think its a very good fit.
                        +1
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If he was smart he would lose that weight
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Anyone catch Sully say "This is more than just a 1 year thing. I'm trying to make this home." If He breaks out I think he will be back .
                            Meh that's basically what biyombo said multiple times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Meh that's basically what biyombo said multiple times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yeah, if we can afford Sullinger next year, it probably means he played like shit.

Much rather have a BB scenario where he plays so well that he's way out of our price range. For 2 reasons - the obvious that strong play would help us win next year, but also continue to show future free agents Toronto is a great place to rebuild value.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                If he was smart he would lose that weight
                                He looked pretty good at the presser to intro him. Wore a suit and TV makes you look about 10 -15 lbs heavier ..but he looked a lot leaner than I expected how would.

He did this last year but ballooned back up during the year.

Think/Hope...he keeps it off. If he shows well he has a chance to make a shit ton of money next year.

Hoping the Raps create another multi millionaire...
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X