• Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    No, I don't.
    Because I do! I really do!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Because I do! I really do!
      I think you need to ask if we can afford Sully next summer and the answer will be no, if we can it means he had a sub par season in which case we won't want him either.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Just for comparison Serge Ibaka had 9 double double last year and played 7 more minutes a game.
        Ibaka also was told to wait in the corner for threes and played alongside a great rebounding 7 footer all the time.

As for putting suly in the corner, im sure he would have some good looks and could crack 30%+ but his orb% would go down. I may rather play him alongside Bebe or Poeltl and get a lot of rebounds and let him play more his game. His advantage does not lie at the three point line, it's basically asking him to play like ppat, so why not just play pat?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Ibaka also was told to wait in the corner for threes and played alongside a great rebounding 7 footer all the time.

As for putting suly in the corner, im sure he would have some good looks and could crack 30%+ but his orb% would go down. I may rather play him alongside Bebe or Poeltl and get a lot of rebounds and let him play more his game. His advantage does not lie at the three point line, it's basically asking him to play like ppat, so why not just play pat?
          Sully took his fair amount of 3s last year as well. He was all the way at the top of the 3 point line.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nobody puts Sully in the corner!

Comment

I agree, though I'm not sold on Bebe being a longterm answer for anything substantive. I hate the idea of sticking Sullinger in the corner, or overemphasizing him as a jump shooter. His strength lies in mucking things up in the paint and pressuring the defense to box him out-- very similar to how Zach Randolph plays. If we're not going to use Sully like that, we may as well stick with Patterson.

Comment

Sully took his fair amount of 3s last year as well. He was all the way at the top of the 3 point line.
                TBH i didn't watch much of Boston, but I'm assuming those jumpers came on pick and pops, which aren't drastically worse shots than corner 3s. Since he hasn't been a good shooter I don't think he has an issue getting an open jumper, putting him in the corner to wait for a pass just eliminates all the stuff he already does well. You are assuming that his shooting improves and all the good stuff he does with the ball in his hand will still happen but he won't have the ball to do anything in the corner. He is a good option in pick and pops cause he has a nice midrange and is a good passer, if you want him away from the basket, let him do that, and hope his shooting improves when he pops to the 3pt line.

Imo his value on offense is with the ball in his hands and getting Oboards, which is diminished if he spends a lot more time hidden in the corner for jumpers. I agree that a corner 3 pt shooter fits better with the starting unit, and ppat is on the roster...

Comment

• How does he look?

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jul 25, 2016, 08:47 AM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How does he look?

Like a 4'11 yao ming

Or do you mean sullinger
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

How does he look?

Not a lot of fat on him in this pic. Maybe another steal by Masai?

Comment

How does he look?

Looks like a guy who is working towards a big contract.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          As long as that helps us get back to the ECF, then I don't care what his motivations are! Haha.. but you're not wrong. Lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            A big fat contract? lol.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              As long as that helps us get back to the ECF, then I don't care what his motivations are! Haha.. but you're not wrong. Lol
                              Not a lot to compare to, but JV and Sully pairing has some shades of Gasol and Z-Bo. I doubt Raptors will go away from the guard heavy offence, but they've got options for sure. ECF looks like a very achievable goal right now.

Comment

How does he look?

Damn! From the Sullinger highlights I've been watching on youtube he looks a lot skinnier. I don't care why he's losing the weight and what his motive is. If he plays really well for us this season and gets us another deep playoff run I'm happy. Because he's super talented. His weight has always been what's help him back. Where did you find this pic?
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X