No announcement yet.

Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see Poeltl playing at all to start the year. Most likely the pairs will be: JV-Sully, JV-PP, JV-Carroll, Sully-PP, Nogueira-PP. With like 8 minutes each of the last two, 16 of the starting pair, 4-6 small ball and the remaining 10-12 being the ideal pairing (JV-PP).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I don't see Poeltl playing at all to start the year. Most likely the pairs will be: JV-Sully, JV-PP, JV-Carroll, Sully-PP, Nogueira-PP. With like 8 minutes each of the last two, 16 of the starting pair, 4-6 small ball and the remaining 10-12 being the ideal pairing (JV-PP).
      Gotta remember the Casey factor. He likes to fuck with us. Wouldn't be shocked to see him start a lineup of KL-CJ-DD-DC-Pascal opening night, just because.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Gotta remember the Casey factor. He likes to fuck with us. Wouldn't be shocked to see him start a lineup of KL-CJ-DD-DC-Pascal opening night, just because.
        That's ridiculous. I'll bet anything something like that will not happen. Starting line up is already set.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          That's ridiculous. I'll bet anything something like that will not happen. Starting line up is already set.
          That's what we thought last year. Though I do agree with you in this case. Just saying, you can't be completely certain.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sarcasm, it's a beautiful thing.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

That's what we thought last year. Though I do agree with you in this case. Just saying, you can't be completely certain.
              Last year around this time I was saying that Scola would start. I never thought 2pat would be a starter. 2pat is 7 year vet now. He is what he is and that's a first big off the bench. There is nothing wrong with that.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Especially now that Casey has job security. If anything, trotting out Scola as starting PF will have emboldened him to try even more zany lineups that defy logic. I wouldn't put it past him to experiment with Pascal/Patterson-Sullinger PF/C lineups, then hide behind, "Oh, we needed a couple of mobile bigs." in his post-game pressers.

Comment

Last year around this time I was saying that Scola would start. I never thought 2pat would be a starter. 2pat is 7 year vet now. He is what he is and that's a first big off the bench. There is nothing wrong with that.
                  So either you're a bad judge of fit or you just "get" Casey; either way, you were right but it was still the wrong decision.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    This stuff sounds great, but in order for him to find shooters, the ball has to be in his(and not in DeMar/Kyle's), and the ball not being in DeMar/Kyle's hands was something that just didn't happen much in the playoffs.
                    And there's the elephant in the room. The RR breakdown about Sullinger was really good, and he projects to be an upgrade over Scola in virtually every measurable metric there is. But I have a hard time seeing the Raptors use him at the high post to pick out cutters, or anything beyond dump-offs at the rim or to hit bail-out jumpers when either of the guards get in too deep. Depending on the assistant coach that is brought in, perhaps we'll see more sets that take the pressure off of DD/Lowry to be primary initiators, but if its left up to Casey, I doubt it happens.
                    Last edited by Sinbad; Fri Aug 26, 2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

So either you're a bad judge of fit or you just "get" Casey; either way, you were right but it was still the wrong decision.
                      56 wins
                      32-9 Home record
                      24-17 Away record
                      39-13 vs East
                      17-13 vs West

Yeah, it was a terrible decision...
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

56 wins
                        32-9 Home record
                        24-17 Away record
                        39-13 vs East
                        17-13 vs West

Yeah, it was a terrible decision...
                        Wow, Scola accomplished all that? Jeez, and we let him go for nothing.

Comment

Wow, Scola accomplished all that? Jeez, and we let him go for nothing.
                          Team sport buddy. I like told Dan H not everything shoes up on the stat sheet. Everybody gets credit on a great season.
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Aug 26, 2016, 06:15 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Team sport buddy. I like told Dan H not everything shoes up on the stat sheet. Everybody gets credit on a great season.
                            Yes but not everyone gets equal credit, and the guy who played behind the worst starting PF in the NBA last year deserves more credit than Scola. He was a terrible starter, not matter what shoes are on the stat sheet.

Comment

Yes but not everyone gets equal credit, and the guy who played behind the worst starting PF in the NBA last year deserves more credit than Scola. He was a terrible starter, not matter what shoes are on the stat sheet.
                              Agree to disagree.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Agree to disagree.
                                Well based on Scola's minutes in the playoffs, even Casey eventually agreed that Scola wasn't the right guy at PF.

Thankfully though, Sullinger and PPatt are both good enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X