Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    If he can provide even half of what Pat does on defense i'll be happy
    I'll be happy if he's just not as bad as Scola. The metrics seriously distort how awful Sullinger is defensively. It's why his minutes dropped and a big part of why he almost fell out of the rotation completely in the playoffs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Ibaka shot .326 from 3 last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Sully reached that mark shooting more corner 3s. Sully also had a higher PER than Ibaka.
      The reason why Sullinger doesn't shoot corner 3 is because he can't get back on transition from the corners when he misses and ends up on long rebounds. Boston is a very smart team, don't think we are the only team that looks at corner threes and generates them. Isiah Thomas was just as good at getting into the lane for kick outs.

I like your positivity and I hope he does better too but don't be delusional and throw away our own pieces as if they are dead load contracts.

Comment

• I really do think we got ourselves a baller. I just hope he can move his feet on D.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I really do think we got ourselves a baller. I just hope he can move his feet on D.

The kid can play.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I'll be happy if he's just not as bad as Scola. The metrics seriously distort how awful Sullinger is defensively. It's why his minutes dropped and a big part of why he almost fell out of the rotation completely in the playoffs.
            If he's in good shape, I won't worry too much about his D. The IQ is there.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              If he's in good shape, I won't worry too much about his D. The IQ is there.
              I agree for the most part. There's no denying Sullinger's talent and feel for the game. He's never been able to get in and stay in the kind of shape required to play at a high level for a full season, especially at PF.

It's a boom/bust signing in terms of his potential contributions. If he looks more like last year's Sully, especially in the playoffs, then the outcome will probably be the same. He'll probably lose minutes and be a non-factor for us in the playoffs. If he comes in playing for his career and stays in great shape it could make us a dark horse contender (if Casey finds a way to use his bigs enough to balance out the offence) because we can make up for our lack of a superstar by the amount of potential matchup problems we can create with a balanced attack. We'd have enough offensive talent on the roster that there's less excuses than ever to have such imbalanced, predictable, "ride or die" offence.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                The kid can play.

He can play,but he got no D...JV and him together..yikes.
                Let's no forget..no D..Demar,this team makes Golden State look good on Defense.
                Raptors have a lot problems this upcoming season...
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  He can play,but he got no D...JV and him together..yikes.
                  Let's no forget..no D..Demar,this team makes Golden State look good on Defense.
                  Raptors have a lot problems this upcoming season...
                  Golden state was a top 5 defensive team last season.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    The reason why Sullinger doesn't shoot corner 3 is because he can't get back on transition from the corners when he misses and ends up on long rebounds. Boston is a very smart team, don't think we are the only team that looks at corner threes and generates them. Isiah Thomas was just as good at getting into the lane for kick outs.
                    Won't be a problem for us. Our 4 goes to a corner on transition breaks but in set offenses is usually at the top to set a screen/pick with our 3 man in the corner.

Agree he has issues with floor running. I honestly can't see him, even fat, being slower than scola.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      Won't be a problem for us. Our 4 goes to a corner on transition breaks but in set offenses is usually at the top to set a screen/pick with our 3 man in the corner.

Agree he has issues with floor running. I honestly can't see him, even fat, being slower than scola.

My bad. I meant transition defence.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        My bad. I meant transition defence.
                        Sorry, yes I assumed you meant on defense. My point was he will almost always have the least amount of running back on defense, except when we mess up on a fast break.

I don't know how deep or not deep Boston had him but our fours aren't usually in the post.

Comment

• He's got a pretty impressive face-up dribble/drive game for a guy that size. Visually, he kinda looks like a really chubby (more chubby?) version of Melo. I'm excited to see whether he gets in a bit better shape this upcoming season, and if he can be a neutral +/- on defense.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Sorry, yes I assumed you meant on defense. My point was he will almost always have the least amount of running back on defense, except when we mess up on a fast break.

I don't know how deep or not deep Boston had him but our fours aren't usually in the post.

Boston also liked Sullinger in the high post instead of the corners because he's a pretty good passer for a big. He had a higher Assist% last year than PP, JV, and BB combined.

Don't know how that will translate to our offensive system. I've seen Bebe used this way, but I can't recall it being with our starters.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Do you guys think Jarred can be our PF for the long term?

Comment

• No, I don't.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X