Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Fun fact, they still let the guys on the bench into the locker room.

In fact, your description above sounds exactly like the typical bench player.
    If 2pat didnt play like shit for the first two months and half he might of been a starter. Everyone who ever played for Casey knows that once his rotation is set it is set. If you want 2pat to start so badly tell him to be more prepared for training camp.

November

2pat .374 FG and .333 3FG
    Scola .490 FG and .481 3FG

December

2pat .333 FG and .258 3FG
    Scola .451 FG and .333 3FG

His preseason was even worse. 2pat even said the starting spot was his to lose and he lost it.

Neither 2pat or Scola are consistent enough to be starters in this league. 2pat Unfortuantely played his worse basketball when the position was up for grabs.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Aug 27, 2016, 06:09 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• jesus this thread has devolved.

shocker.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        If 2pat didnt play like shit for the first two months and half he might of been a starter. Everyone who ever played for Casey knows that once his rotation is set it is set. If you want 2pat to start so badly tell him to be more prepared for training camp.

November

2pat .374 FG and .333 3FG
        Scola .490 FG and .481 3FG

December

2pat .333 FG and .258 3FG
        Scola .451 FG and .333 3FG

His preseason was even worse. 2pat even said the starting spot was his to lose and he lost it.

Neither 2pat or Scola are consistent enough to be starters in this league. 2pat Unfortuantely played his worse basketball when the position was up for grabs.
        Oh? How many three point shots did Patterson miss in the preseason prior to being relegated to the bench?

And again, we've been over how stupid a coach would have to be to change his mind on who was starting based on a small sample where a player was CLEARLY trying something new (like DeRozan did). On any sample that small really, unless it was a disaster (and it wasn't, in spite of his individual lack of scoring, the starting lineup in preseason was just fine overall prior to Pat being switched out).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Oh? How many three point shots did Patterson miss in the preseason prior to being relegated to the bench?

And again, we've been over how stupid a coach would have to be to change his mind on who was starting based on a small sample where a player was CLEARLY trying something new (like DeRozan did). On any sample that small really, unless it was a disaster (and it wasn't, in spite of his individual lack of scoring, the starting lineup in preseason was just fine overall prior to Pat being switched out).
          Deebo and 2pat are two different scenarios.His starting spot is set in stone. He went 3-10 from 3 in preseason. Scola was just more productive in preseason and the first two monthes.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Deebo and 2pat are two different scenarios.His starting spot is set in stone. He went 3-10 from 3 in preseason. Scola was just more productive in preseason and the first two monthes.
            He was benched halfway through pre-season. Prior to that he took and missed zero three point attempts. You can't really think that means he was struggling - he was clearly making the choice to drive more to develop a counter to his shot to fit in better with the starters, since he knows and everyone else does that over the course of the season he'll shoot 35%+ from three. Heck, I think there were articles to that effect in preseason. It wasn't some mystery.

Of course, once he WAS benched for no reason at all, he then went on to struggle BIG time for the longest stretch of cold shooting I can find in his entire career, probably because of the confidence crushing move of being benched for the worst starting PF in the league. Colour me shocked. And still, even with his shooting struggles, he still managed to be extraordinarily effective as a role player whenever he was paired with at least one of our top three players. Again, colour me shocked.

And again, Patterson's starting spot should have been set in stone. There was exactly one starting quality PF on the team, and his name was sure as shooting not Luis Scola.

I find it hard to believe after the disaster of a season Luis Scola just had, that someone can STILL think he was the right choice to start all year, especially with the disaster that came in the playoffs of having to make the inevitable switch to Patterson starting halfway through a playoff series, just a stupid (and so incredibly foreseeable that many people here saw it coming last freaking November) position to put yourself into.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              jesus this thread has devolved.

shocker.
              Debatable considering it started as a weight loss thread lol.

Comment

He was benched halfway through pre-season. Prior to that he took and missed zero three point attempts. You can't really think that means he was struggling - he was clearly making the choice to drive more to develop a counter to his shot to fit in better with the starters, since he knows and everyone else does that over the course of the season he'll shoot 35%+ from three. Heck, I think there were articles to that effect in preseason. It wasn't some mystery.

Of course, once he WAS benched for no reason at all, he then went on to struggle BIG time for the longest stretch of cold shooting I can find in his entire career, probably because of the confidence crushing move of being benched for the worst starting PF in the league. Colour me shocked. And still, even with his shooting struggles, he still managed to be extraordinarily effective as a role player whenever he was paired with at least one of our top three players. Again, colour me shocked.

And again, Patterson's starting spot should have been set in stone. There was exactly one starting quality PF on the team, and his name was sure as shooting not Luis Scola.

I find it hard to believe after the disaster of a season Luis Scola just had, that someone can STILL think he was the right choice to start all year, especially with the disaster that came in the playoffs of having to make the inevitable switch to Patterson starting halfway through a playoff series, just a stupid (and so incredibly foreseeable that many people here saw it coming last freaking November) position to put yourself into.
                2pat has started 65 games out of 412 in his career. It's weird that he would be so heart broken over losing another position battle. You'd think he would be use to it. Especially since Scola has beat him out to start in the past as well.

If that's the real reason over his struggle than he's in the wrong profession cause he's not a starter in this league. Than again if he struggles for two month over something petty like that. It explains why he shrunk as the lights got brighter by each round.

Once again I dont think Scola is great. I just don't think that making a switch midseason when your on a franchise record pace would have made that much of a difference.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Sometimes I'm glad I read this thread when I'm drunk.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

2pat has started 65 games out of 412 in his career. It's weird that he would be so heart broken over losing another position battle. You'd think he would be use to it. Especially since Scola has beat him out to start in the past as well.

If that's the real reason over his struggle than he's in the wrong profession cause he's not a starter in this league. Than again if he struggles for two month over something petty like that. It explains why he shrunk as the lights got brighter by each round.

Once again I dont think Scola is great. I just don't think that making a switch midseason when your on a franchise record pace would have made that much of a difference.
                    Mid season? Who anywhere wanted Scola to start even one game?

He's definitely worthy of starting. There's no reason to question it. The team has always performed better with him on the court, even at the end of games against opposing starters. Always.

I guess you don't think confidence is actually a thing with athletes. He's shown to be quite capable of playing very well (whether his shots are going in or not) under bright lights and after bad performances. But when your own coach decides to start a guy who peaked about a decade ago over you, in spite of him being a TERRIBLE fit with the starters? That's tough.

It's weird that he had his heart broken over losing a position battle? You don't want guys that put their heart and soul into competing and providing as much as possible on the court? Question it all you like, but Patterson was pretty clear that he thought he was the starter. And he was absolutely right.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• My favourite was the Cavs game earlier in the season where Scola and Love just went at each other, scoring completely at will against the wet noodle defense they were throwing at each other. It was pretty funny and a good example of how each guy can get you points at one end of the court and then give them right back at the other end.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Mid season? Who anywhere wanted Scola to start even one game?

He's definitely worthy of starting. There's no reason to question it. The team has always performed better with him on the court, even at the end of games against opposing starters. Always.

I guess you don't think confidence is actually a thing with athletes. He's shown to be quite capable of playing very well (whether his shots are going in or not) under bright lights and after bad performances. But when your own coach decides to start a guy who peaked about a decade ago over you, in spite of him being a TERRIBLE fit with the starters? That's tough.

It's weird that he had his heart broken over losing a position battle? You don't want guys that put their heart and soul into competing and providing as much as possible on the court? Question it all you like, but Patterson was pretty clear that he thought he was the starter. And he was absolutely right.
                        I appreciate your opinion but, the fact is that 2pat was in a position battle with Scola. When training camp started the 4 position was up for grabs. Doesn't matter what the on/off court stats said. In practise there is no on/off court stat. It's whose playing better out there. If the games are any indication of the practises Scola was having the better camp between the two. 2pat played bad trying to be something he is not. Which ended up costing him the starting spot. 2pat continue to play bad for 2 straight month when Scola was decent.

Neither is starter material at this point of thier career. They are both too inconsistent to be starters. 2pat just played his worse ball when he needed to play his best.

2pat is a smart guy. I'm sure he knows how his hard headed coach operates. If his struggles were really cause he was trying new things than he should of known better than that. Raptors like 2pat for who is not what he was trying to be. Unfortunate for him ifs cost him and I'm sure he's learned from it.
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Aug 27, 2016, 10:10 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I appreciate your opinion but, the fact is that 2pat was in a position battle with Scola. When training camp started the 4 position was up for grabs. Doesn't matter what the on/off court stats said. In practise there is no on/off court stat. It's whose playing better out there. If the games are any indication of the practises Scola was having the better camp between the two. 2pat played bad trying to be something he is not. Which ended up costing him the starting spot. 2pat continue to play bad for 2 straight month when Scola was decent.

Neither is starter material at this point of thier career. They are both too inconsistent to be starters. 2pat just played his worse ball when he needed to play his best.

2pat is a smart guy. I'm sure he knows how his hard headed coach operates. If his struggles were really cause he was trying new things than he should of known better than that. Raptors like 2pat for who is not what he was trying to be. Unfortunate for him ifs cost him and I'm sure he's learned from it.
                          If he made the assumption his coach could see the obvious truth that he should be starting instead of Scola, an truth so obvious that someone who knows as little as me could see it, can you blame him? Or do you give Casey that little credit?

No one in their right mind makes that choice of starter. There was no reason at the time to think it would end well. It ended horribly (yes, in spite of the overall success of the season). Casey gets paid millions of dollars a year to figure this stuff out without making terrible decisions based on small samples that run against everything we know about the players. Overall this season he earned that pay check. In this particular decision, not even a little bit.

What gives you the idea that Patterson is not starting material? Is it that when he played with the starters they out scored other starters by so much it was like they were the Warriors? Is that the big flaw in his game? Or is that irrelevant because he occasionally goes cold from three? I know I for one would definitely rather have a team full of consistent shooters than a team that wins 70+ games.

Also, the last three years, Patterson has been 1st, 4th and 1st on the team in on-court net rating. Maybe we stop treating that as a coincidence and start treating him like the incredibly consistent player he is.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If he made the assumption his coach could see the obvious truth that he should be starting instead of Scola, an truth so obvious that someone who knows as little as me could see it, can you blame him? Or do you give Casey that little credit?

No one in their right mind makes that choice of starter. There was no reason at the time to think it would end well. It ended horribly (yes, in spite of the overall success of the season). Casey gets paid millions of dollars a year to figure this stuff out without making terrible decisions based on small samples that run against everything we know about the players. Overall this season he earned that pay check. In this particular decision, not even a little bit.

What gives you the idea that Patterson is not starting material? Is it that when he played with the starters they out scored other starters by so much it was like they were the Warriors? Is that the big flaw in his game? Or is that irrelevant because he occasionally goes cold from three? I know I for one would definitely rather have a team full of consistent shooters than a team that wins 70+ games.

Also, the last three years, Patterson has been 1st, 4th and 1st on the team in on-court net rating. Maybe we stop treating that as a coincidence and start treating him like the incredibly consistent player he is.
                            I guess that's where we differ. I value coaches decisions and opinions more than on/off metrics. The fact is even with all those great on court stats no coach(Rick Alderman, Kevin McHale, Keith Smart, Mike Malone and Dwane Casey) in 2pat's 8 year tenure in the NBA has made him a full time starter. I think you need to stop treating that as a coincidence.

Were not getting anywhere going back and fourth. To tell you the truth im kind of tired of talking about 2pat. You have a goodnight Dan.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is this last year? And isn't this not a good stat to look at when you're trying to judge someone's defensive capabilities?
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X