Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post

He was pretty fit his rookie year. Played with a lot more energy at that weight and didn't settle for too many jumpers (career high in FG% by a lot). If he's looking like this throughout the season we're in good shape going into the playoffs (pun intended).
    Honestly I just want to him be more efficient for us this year than he was for Celtics last year. He is always going to be fat so I'm kind of over wishing for him to lose AND keep the weight off. He has proven he can play well fat so now it's just about him being more efficient in my eyes.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Honestly I just want to him be more efficient for us this year than he was for Celtics last year. He is always going to be fat so I'm kind of over wishing for him to lose AND keep the weight off. He has proven he can play well fat so now it's just about him being more efficient in my eyes.
      Was Lowry always going to be fat?! We saw how much better Lowry was when he shad the pounds. It takes a strong will and determination to slim down and rich millionaire athletes who have the money, facilities, trainers, advisors and hired cooks(at their disposal )have all the conditions to do so. Sullinger should have a poster of Bizmack Biyombo in his room and wake up to it every morning to remind himself of what a top determined athlete in his size can be and why Biz got $70 Mil guarentee while he got only $6.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Was Lowry always going to be fat?! We saw how much better Lowry was when he shad the pounds. It takes a strong will and determination to slim down and rich millionaire athletes who have the money, facilities, trainers, advisors and hired cooks(at their disposal )have all the conditions to do so. Sullinger should have a poster of Bizmack Biyombo in his room and wake up to it every morning to remind himself of what a top determined athlete in his size can be and why Biz got $70 Mil guarentee while he got only $6.
        He doesn't seem to have the will to do it. At least not yet. Look how long it took Lowry to see that he needed to lose weight. He was 29. Sullinger is still very young at 24. I believe he obviously knows he needs to lose weight but I don't think he has the willpower to at least keep it off yet (because he has lost weight before). He probably will get it some point in his career but I'm not holding my breath for him to get it this upcoming year. He's still fat as we can see in the video. I feel if he were serious about losing weight for this season he would have lost it by now. Look how early in the offseason Kyle lost the weight. What is he waiting on? So to expect him to have the weight lost for this season to me is wishful thinking. I didn't mean to say he will never lose the weight and keep it off in his career. I more meant for THIS season
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• To be fair, JV apparently made a big diet change last year and he's younger than Sully.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we don't sign a veteran guy I think he will too. He looks like a deadly shooter and I've BEEN saying we've needed that for a while now. And on top of that he is projecting to be at least a decent defender which is good. With the way all our shooters disappeared in the Cleveland series we really need someone who is a little more deadly/consistent with their shot. Not saying he will for sure be because he is a rookie but at least he's projecting to be with the amazing stroke and form he has. Never hurts having another shooter. It's actually so crazy how literally all of our shooters shot the ball like shit in that series. If even one of them shot the ball more consistently we MIGHT have one won one more game.
            I agree he is a shot up shooter, he has range and can block shots. He foot work is good, very good. His form is very good. He has that 1 foot fade away mastered.

All he has to do is hit open jumpers and he has a spot on this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Honestly the only reason Jared starts is cause of his rebounding. Give poetlyt or Uthoff time and Jared is out of a job

Comment

No his weight is the key to him being efficient. He took an abundance of jumpers with the weight on because it was more taxing playing inside. It's definitely possible to shed and keep off weight (as HostShot said, Lowry is a good example). I'd argue it's harder to make a big lifestyle change when you're older than when you're younger.

Comment

• All-booty team:

Kyle/Waiters/Melo/Sullinger/Okafor

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    All-booty team:

Kyle/Waiters/Melo/Sullinger/Okafor
                    This thread went wrong

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      This isn't a game. Sully had multiple big games last year. He had 24 double double just last year and came short a lot of times. He was around 300 pounds last year and played under 25 mins a game. Imagine if he's in good shape...

That seems to be tricky part with Sullinger.
                      Lets hope his contract situation this year ends up being motivation for this season, and getting in shape may well be the only way to accomplish that.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        No his weight is the key to him being efficient. He took an abundance of jumpers with the weight on because it was more taxing playing inside. It's definitely possible to shed and keep off weight (as HostShot said, Lowry is a good example). I'd argue it's harder to make a big lifestyle change when you're older than when you're younger.
                        I agree with everything you said. All I'm saying is he doesn't strike me as a guy who is truly ready to commit to that yet. Losing weight ain't easy, but keeping it off is even harder. I just don't see him doing it for THIS season. Especially since he doesn't seem to have lost any weight yet and we are like halfway into the offseason. Hopefully he proves me wrong. And I never thought about the fact that his efficiency goes hand in hand with his weight. Good point. But I think on our team we are gonna use him more on the perimeter anyway. We made both Amir and Scola more perimeter big men on offense because of JV so I see us doing the same thing with Sullinger.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          Honestly the only reason Jared starts is cause of his rebounding. Give poetlyt or Uthoff time and Jared is out of a job

Nice problem to have IMO.

Comment

Honestly the only reason Jared starts is cause of his rebounding. Give poetlyt or Uthoff time and Jared is out of a job

You're a little too into Uthoff lmao. I like him too but at the end of the day he's a rookie and he wasn't drafted. You really need to lower your expectations big time. IF he even makes the team he will only get playing time in garbage time and if we really need some shooting and all our other shooters are struggling that night. No way he beats out Jared or Patterson for playing time. If he does then something is wrong. He's also extremely skinny right now. He's going to struggle guarding 4s. I see him more as a 4 than a 3 by the way

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                              Nice problem to have IMO.
                              To an extent. Cause if Uthoff is beating out either jared or Patterson for minutes or both that's means both of those guys are playing like shit. But I guess that would just make expendable in a trade which is a good thing I guess

Comment

neither of those players are going to get minutes with the big team. uthoff is definitely going to have to put on weight. i also don't think the hierarchy of how they involve rookies in the big team is going to change for this years rookies. the only one who has a chance for minutes to me is poeltl and that is only if bebe really blows it.

GLF wrote: View Post
                                To an extent. Cause if Uthoff is beating out either jared or Patterson for minutes or both that's means both of those guys are playing like shit.
                                agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X