Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it with Sully. Boston had high hopes for him for a long time too.
    He performed at a pretty solid level for a lot of that time though. Expecting incremental improvement from a 24 year-old isn't that out there.

Comment

• I do think he'll shoot better from 3 because we gonna make him shoot more from corners.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        He performed at a pretty solid level for a lot of that time though. Expecting incremental improvement from a 24 year-old isn't that out there.
        I meant weight loss lol

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I do think he'll shoot better from 3 because we gonna make him shoot more from corners.
          I'm guessing the reason he didn't go in the corners much was the issue of getting back in transition.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            I'm guessing the reason he didn't go in the corners much was the issue of getting back in transition.
            yeah it's crazy he had only one attempt last season. well at least according nba.com

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I was the guy who mentioned that. I graduated the program but I wasn't overweight so I can't personally attest to the weight loss. I know after three weeks of super low carb in the first month I wanted to jump off a bridge though. lol

Another good one is Body Beast. I'm actually ten weeks into it now and have see really good gains. It would cause him to lose some fat but being that he's clearly an endomorph he might end up totally jacked by the end of it if he followed the meal planning. It's perfectly fine for him to be 280 if it's mostly muscle. Chances are though for him in particular, he might drop 20-30lbs on a program like that and end up alot stronger in the end. Plus he wouldn't have to do all those damn push up and chin up. There's some but not a lot.
              Yeah, you can definitely lose
              Weight on P90x. Probably more so if you increase reps on the weights. As a big guy I also ate at the maximum range. But yeah, breakfasts of massive egg white omelettes with salsa and hot sauce got pretty old after a month. I didn't find the carb part of the early on diet that bad. Actually found it weird when it went so heavy on the carbs for the 3rd month. Anyway it's a good program for shaping up. And if I can do it Sully can do it.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I think Sully will be in the best shape of his NBA career this year. He's a competitive guy that just got benched in the playoffs. After just averaging a double double against Cleveland the year before.
                I wish as well. However there is will and then there are genes/dna and I believe the latter pretty much trumps the former. I posted a ESPN article from early 2015 earlier here which speaks to his weight problems and how it runs in the family. So we shall have to wait. Boston would not let him go if they thought he was a recoverable asset.

Comment

• http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...he_must_change

great article on his departure, reason for signing and weight...Highlight is according to his agent “What happened the last two weeks has been major wake-up call for him. He’s in the gym twice a day. He knows what he has to do. Jared acknowledges that he put himself in this situation, and he has to get himself out of it, Jared had a deal for twice the money from another team, but it wouldn’t have been as qualitative a situation as going to Toronto, We turned down an offer of over $10MM. But my feeling is that in this market, when you look at the deals that players like Bismack Biyombo signed, Jared is a $20MM player because of his skill. He was Boston’s best big last year – a regular double-double guy. But first he has to show people. As my dad used to say, betting on yourself is the ultimate acid test.”

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I wish as well. However there is will and then there are genes/dna and I believe the latter pretty much trumps the former. I posted a ESPN article from early 2015 earlier here which speaks to his weight problems and how it runs in the family. So we shall have to wait. Boston would not let him go if they thought he was a recoverable asset.
                    Doesn't mean Sullinger won't play well for the Raptors, I mean look at Biyombo, Charlotte let him and go and he had a great season for the Raptors.

Comment

• lol he made Cousins work that one time.

Comment

• I'm not really too worried about this signing. Sure he has his cons but he''s being given a good opportunity and if he works out it's awesome and if he doesn't he's on a cheap movable contract.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• How awesome is it that Sully turned down money to come to the Raps.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            How awesome is it that Sully turned down money to come to the Raps.
                            They've (sully and his agent) seen what the raptors organization has been doing for careers lately. They resurrected biyombo and Lowry, derozan became a max all star, homegrown players are developing nicely. Pau gasol would be here if duncan stayed in san antonio one more year. Players are starting to take notice of the the management, the team, and the city.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I seem to remember something from the draft about Sullinger having one leg longer than the other and this was somehow an injury risk red flag. I guess that was just draft chatter, but it's still the first thing I think when I hear about him.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                                I seem to remember something from the draft about Sullinger having one leg longer than the other and this was somehow an injury risk red flag. I guess that was just draft chatter, but it's still the first thing I think when I hear about him.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

greg oden

Comment

Working...
                                X