Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    You are definitely not one of those people I was referring to - you are one of the group that sees both positives and negatives. There were more than a few who regularly referred to him as an idiot or moron not that long ago, with rarely anyone calling them out for those remarks (you were one of the few who did IIRC).
    I think the number of posters who simply referred to Casey as an idiot or a moron is pretty damn slim. Most detractors pointed to legitimate and reasonable concerns while acknowledging that, especially this past playoff run, Casey made improvements that directly address those concerns.

So not sure the point of comparing a small minority within a group of posters to NBA players perspectives.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

There seems to be a disconnect between how Casey is viewed by NBA players and how he's viewed by some on this board.
      It's not just NBA players. Its the whole league. Casey is a very good coach. It is not easy to consistently win every year.
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 13, 2016, 10:41 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I wonder how many additional wins using different rotations would have resulted in last season?

Comment

• I don't think it hurts when players and agents see guys like Lou Williams come here and win 6th man of the year or Lowry become an all-star or even Patrick Patterson who has become a legit top tier 6th man or Vazquez who got a nice two year deal at the time after coming over via trade. Now, you add a guy like Biz who got paid big time after a resurgence in Toronto or a Cory Joseph who went from third string guard to key playoff performer.

Sullinger must look at Toronto has a pretty appealing opportunity to have a good year and get paid next offseason.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I wonder how many additional wins using different rotations would have resulted in last season?
            This past regular season, likely zero.

Playoffs against Nets and Wiz, quite possibly a fair number.

Point on rotations is largely due to imbalance which enhances fatigue on key players while neglecting to provide opportunities for others to develop as the season goes; creating an optimal balance between star driven and capable role players for the playoffs.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

But in terms of players wanting to come play in this system, why wouldn't they? By all accounts players love playing for Casey, even guys like JV who are criminally underutilized (shout out to James Johnson).
              It's okay, now he can go on to being criminally underutilized by Erik Spoelstra after being criminally underutilized by Dwane Casey, Keith Smart and Dave Joerger, after being traded twice, waived once and having his then current team let him walk three times.

EDIT: To add being criminally underutilized by Tom Thibodeau, as well.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I wonder how many additional wins using different rotations would have resulted in last season?
                Unclear. The real concern was overwork for Lowry/DD (both of whom were seemingly beat up or completely spent come the playoffs), as both had to play huge minutes (both near the very top of the league) to make up for the waste of minutes with the starters. And also the reality that Patterson would HAVE to start at some point, as Scola was inevitably going to be an issue in the playoffs (even moreso than he had been in the regular season). And of course, he was. That meant that PP had to start (which of course was fine) but that we had no functional bench unit, as we'd never tried anything without Patterson there to stabilize the bench.

So number of wins might have been unchanged, but maybe you shave several hundred minutes off of DD and Lowry's workload, and you don't end up in coin toss situations in round one and two (which the Raptors did well to survive, but those series, Indy in particular, went longer than they should have). And maybe you have a little more gas in the tank for the ECF's.

It's all maybe's and what-if's, such is life with these things, but I don't think it's as simple a question as how many more wins would be possible or not.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  It's okay, now he can go on to being criminally underutilized by Erik Spoelstra after being criminally underutilized by Dwane Casey, Keith Smart and Dave Joerger, after being traded twice, waived once and having his then current team let him walk three times.

EDIT: To add being criminally underutilized by Tom Thibodeau, as well.
                  The shout out was for his hilarious tweet. He as only really underutilized in one season (2014-15, where he was far better than the alternatives). He was used where he should have been this season.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I think the number of posters who simply referred to Casey as an idiot or a moron is pretty damn slim. Most detractors pointed to legitimate and reasonable concerns while acknowledging that, especially this past playoff run, Casey made improvements that directly address those concerns.

So not sure the point of comparing a small minority within a group of posters to NBA players perspectives.
                    Some of those concerns were legitimate and reasonable only in their minds, others were overblown, others extrapolated. They weren't all wrong, but more than a few were. And a lot of the detractors were/are some of the most active members of this board.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• i don't HATE this signing. thought Lewenberg's article on it all was pretty on point. dude is a LOAD in the paint.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Some of those concerns were legitimate and reasonable only in their minds, others were overblown, others extrapolated. They weren't all wrong, but more than a few were. And a lot of the detractors were/are some of the most active members of this board.
                        And if those concerns were "only in their minds", people would post stating that the concern wasn't concerning because of X. I'm really failing to see any real point here except veiled shots at posters you disagreed with.

Comment

• Excellent signing. Good bang for the buck. One roster spot left, if I remember right. SF?

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Excellent signing. Good bang for the buck. One roster spot left, if I remember right. SF?
                            Yeah, one spot left. Odds are a 3/4 combo forward, maybe a shooter. Dorell Wright? That sort of thing. Won't be a difference maker, if we even add anyone, more of a deep bench option. Don't have much money left.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dorell would be a great signing imho. wanted him last year.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I hope Sully doesn't think working out can remedy his weight issues on its own.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/1151880...-burn-calories

Comment

Working...
                                X