Demar and Kyle team USA thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    If Lowry didn't carry such a load offensively during the season, he'd probably make an all-defensive team
    I don't know about that, but one thing I really like about Casey is his very strict with "gambling policy". He ride & die with DeRozan and Kyle on offence.. I still remember days when Kyle got benched cuz of gambling.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      In order for that to happen, we need much better offensive production from our SF and PF. Our PF does not give us much on the offensive end. The SF position was also decimated with the injury to DC.

I really hope we see a much better production from SF,PF and C this season.

Our back court of Lowry and DD is set for years to come and we should NOT EVEN think about changing that ...
      Should be interesting what a heathly Carroll and a motivated Sully bring. I agree with this though.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Should be interesting what a heathly Carroll and a motivated Sully bring. I agree with this though.
        Sully will do fine in the Raps offense because he can create his own offense, but I suspect Carroll will continue to struggle since he's a rhythm shooter who seems to thrive on more predictable Spurs/Hawks type of ball movement as a first or second option, scripted in advance. Hopefully things change, but so far Carroll doesn't appear so great at improvising off Lowry/DD broken plays as the bailout shooter, even when wide open. Often times, he'd even pass up the open shot and drive the ball, which he isn't good at. To be fair, though, Lowry and DD don't really have great chemistry with any players other than themselves, and even with them, it's more of your-turn / my-turn deal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Sully will do fine in the Raps offense because he can create his own offense, but I suspect Carroll will continue to struggle since he's a rhythm shooter who seems to thrive on more predictable Spurs/Hawks type of ball movement as a first or second option, scripted in advance. Hopefully things change, but so far Carroll doesn't appear so great at improvising off Lowry/DD broken plays as the bailout shooter, even when wide open. Often times, he'd even pass up the open shot and drive the ball, which he isn't good at. To be fair, though, Lowry and DD don't really have great chemistry with any players other than themselves, and even with them, it's more of your-turn / my-turn deal.
          I think Carroll will be fine. He's a smart player. He knows how to cut and more importantly when to cut. I think his injury had more to do with his issue with finishing at the rim. He's a knock shooter. He just needs to work on how to attack closeouts. I think there will be a little more Bell movement with a guy like Sully being one of the best passing PF. Teams will have issues traping the either K Low/DD PnR with Sully.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I thought this is an interesting stat:

Comment

• Final USA on-court numbers through 13 games

Net Rating
              1. DMC
              2. PG
              3. K-Low
              4. Butler
              5. Deebo
              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Aug 23, 2016, 06:08 PM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Final USA on-court numbers through 13 games

Net Rating
                1. DMC
                2. PG
                3. K-Low
                4. Butler
                5. Deebo
                Derozan with the fourth best defensive rating... So who still thinks drawing conclusions from this chart is a good idea.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                  Derozan with the fourth best defensive rating... So who still thinks drawing conclusions from this chart is a good idea.
                  You won't get much debate this time. Most of the posters that love this stat hate DD. The fact that he looks good has them questioning this stat now.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Damn, the Raptors would be contender-level with PG on the wing.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Damn, the Raptors would be contender-level with PG on the wing.
                      "Most definitely"

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                        Aside from the fact those stats were accumulated vs. less-than-NBA competition.

Comment

• It looks like I gotta say it one more time,it's becoming a trend that if someone praises one Raptor's(anyone) good game or stat some people label him as an X or Y hater.
                          I can honesly say I don't hate anyone on Raptors roster,true(just like everybody else) I like some players game more than others so if I say for instance I like Lowry's performance(or stat) that does not necessarily mean I hate Demar or anybody else and once I go by that stat I take the whole stat sheet concerning other players as well the same way.
                          It's up to fans really if they want to believe certain stats or not,however that should not be a reason behind some personal attack.
                          Since I posted that Olympic games stat sheet that some liked some not really,first this sheet is done down south for the US team that showed Raptors (Lowry and Derosan) ranked 1st and 4th in defensive rating on a team that was not really dedicated on the defensive end where players had limited amount of minutes on a short number of games,this alltogether gives me more than enough to believe in these stats,if I don't then I'm not gonna believe that cousins was first in offensive and net rating among players that stood out.
                          Last edited by Deino; Wed Aug 24, 2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Stop trying to draw conclusions from games played against non-NBA players and with a team full of superstars.

Judge it by what you saw and what we saw was the Lowry would be an incredible PG for a team of superstars because he actually plays that PG role (cough Kyrie cough) and plays hard D.

Derozan barely played, which isn't really his fault, his game isn't great for international ball and he's behind Klay, Durant, Butler, George and Melo who can all play his positions.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Stop trying to draw conclusions from games played against non-NBA players and with a team full of superstars.

Judge it by what you saw and what we saw was the Lowry would be an incredible PG for a team of superstars because he actually plays that PG role (cough Kyrie cough) and plays hard D.

Derozan barely played, which isn't really his fault, his game isn't great for international ball and he's behind Klay, Durant, Butler, George and Melo who can all play his positions.
                              Agree, personally i'm comfortable with what I saw, however for some people the "eye test" is not convincing enough nor is the stat sheet.

Comment

• Reasons to appreciate this bromance even more...

”I think a lot of times we have a tendency to dislike each other on the court. … We got to be able to put that to the side. If you miss somebody on one play or don’t have something go right ... as long as you come to each other and talk. If I starting arguing with somebody I’m cool. I’m just playing basketball,” Wall said, according to CSN Mid-Atlantic.
                                "Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game,” Wall added. “I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star. If we were playing well as a tandem like the other two superstars that play together as a backcourt, play as a tandem, one night it’s going to be his night, one night it’s going to be mine, some nights it might be both of us. Those are nights it’s going to be tough to beat us."
                                yikes how quick things turn

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/08/23/joh...mistry-dislike

"It’s tough because we’re both alphas. It’s always tough when you have two guys who firmly believe in themselves, who will bet on themselves against anybody else, who want to be that guy. We both can be that guy," Beal said, according to CSN Mid-Atlantic.

"Sometimes I think we both lose sight of the fact that we need each other.” he continued. “I wouldn’t be in the situation I’m in without John. John wouldn’t be in the situation he’s in without me, without the rest of the team. It goes hand-in-hand so it’s kind of a pride thing. We got to (hash) out our pride, figure out what our goals are individually, help each other achieve those goals, figure out what our team goal is, where do we see ourselves five years from now, 10 years from now and go from there.”
                                At least Scott Brooks has experience with this type of thing
                                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Aug 27, 2016, 08:09 PM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X