• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hilarious that they bought into their own hype

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Does anyone fear Boston? I sure don't.
      I fear the nets picks. They could land a game changer and be better than us for many years.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
        I fear the nets picks. They could land a game changer and be better than us for many years.
        I'm talking about this years team.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think Jae Crowder should worry about getting out the first round first.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
            Yup.. right to swap this year, and get their 2018 out right.. Nets are looking bad. They just signed Scola, and Bennett. Basically our trash. Only respectable players are Lin and Lopez. Lopez is an injury risk every year and Lin is basically a backup guard.

Boston gets the pleasure of tanking without having to tank.

Comment

Wasn't Crowder injured in the playoffs? If he was healthy I could see them taking out Atlanta.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Crowder is butt-hurt:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17...t-kevin-durant

I'm still not convinced Al Horford makes that team that much better. Atlanta had similar talent and never did much. Definitely NOT a 59 win team... I peg them for around the same as last year, maybe 50 wins.

As far as the Raps and respect goes, I agree with 92Till's statement. A couple more playoff runs will go a long way, just need some more exposure while playing at a high level.
                Not to mention JV has sort of been getting the upper hand on his match up's against Horford the last couple years (could be wrong, I didn't look at any stats). But I'd argue our C and their C are on opposite trajectories. Not worried about Boston.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Yup.. right to swap this year, and get their 2018 out right.. Nets are looking bad. They just signed Scola, and Bennett. Basically our trash. Only respectable players are Lin and Lopez. Lopez is an injury risk every year and Lin is basically a backup guard.

Boston gets the pleasure of tanking without having to tank.
                  Wait Brooklyn gave up THREE unprotected picks? I didn't realize billy king was that much of a dumbass wow

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    Wait Brooklyn gave up THREE unprotected picks? I didn't realize billy king was that much of a dumbass wow
                    Yup.. they assumed they'd be good for a long time.. like a dynasty level team, and that their picks would be bad. Egg on their face.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Wasn't Crowder injured in the playoffs? If he was healthy I could see them taking out Atlanta.
                      He came back from an injury March 31st. Maybe it was still lingering but he played some pretty terrible basketball vs the Hawks.

Comment

Re Durant meeting with/or not...certain teams...I believe he and his adviser's calculus was to just meet with those who clearly were attractive (winnability) as well as had the cap space to afford him without too much disruption. The Raps did not have that luxury.

Comment

I just laugh at this comment. its like having T Ross saying that he isn't worried about Boston.

If it was like Lebron or someone else, then okay. But Crowder, dude isn't even the 2nd best player on his team.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Does anyone fear Boston? I sure don't.
                            Lots of people overrate Horford. Hence, the Celtics now being overrated.

Comment

Whenever I hear that that something isn't an issue or it wasn't a problem that sets off a flag...
                              The more the Celts talk about the Raps not being a team that they worry about the more it appears they are...

The makings of a good rivalry for years to come no ?
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jul 22, 2016, 02:05 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

One thing that shouldn't be confused is being over-hyped vs not respected. The media and fans are the ones running the hype train, while the GM's, coaches and players are the only opinions that truly matter - which counts for the respectability. Jae Crowder is just spitting off, he's a divisional rival.

Anyone think of those Bahstin C**tics fans saying his name like Mayor "Diamond" Joe Quimby's kid?

Jaaaae Crowda!

If ya didn't, now ya do.

Comment

Working...
                                X