No announcement yet.

Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm considering the idea of installing Windows 8.1 on my second hard drive and then upgrading that to 10 just so my bios is registered in the system for 10. Then I can upgrade whenever I feel like it.

Comment

So I have it installed. I just spent 30 minutes in privacy settings and then removing a bunch of apps they don't make it very easy to uninstall via Power Shell. It seems to be running smooth. It seems a lot smaller in file size than 8.1. If I delete 8.1 completely we're talking like 15 GB in extra space now on my SSD.

I fired up Fallout 4 and entered a gun fight. Performance was the same as before. Everything seems to be running smooth.

Comment

Even though the official period for a free upgrade to Win10 has long past there is apparently a workaround to legally upgrade your system.

This is for those in need of assistive technologies! Microsoft, nice.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acce...pw4pHps26.Qg)()

Comment

I love Windows 10 personally. It's a great OS.... yet my Grandma, whose been using Windows 7 since she got her computer, won't upgrade to it. They even bought another computer for my sister to get her schoolwork done (Yes, my sister lives with my Grandparents. Long story there.) that has Win10 on it, and she won't touch it. She says it's due to not liking how everything on 10 looks so small compared to 7 & that her computer will slow & crash on her if she does the upgrade.

Meanwhile, I had to use a laptop with XP on it a while back & I'm stunned with how well XP still functions. Then again, Windows always seems to have a good OS followed up by a bad one with computers I've used: XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            I love Windows 10 personally. It's a great OS.... yet my Grandma, whose been using Windows 7 since she got her computer, won't upgrade to it. They even bought another computer for my sister to get her schoolwork done (Yes, my sister lives with my Grandparents. Long story there.) that has Win10 on it, and she won't touch it. She says it's due to not liking how everything on 10 looks so small compared to 7 & that her computer will slow & crash on her if she does the upgrade.

Meanwhile, I had to use a laptop with XP on it a while back & I'm stunned with how well XP still functions. Then again, Windows always seems to have a good OS followed up by a bad one with computers I've used: XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10.
            Don't mess around with success! or If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Your Gramma seems to know what she is talking about...her machine may in fact may not be compatible with Win 10 (requires much more memory, space and cpu speed than many systems which work fine w/Win 7).

There is however an upcoming issue she shall have to face...that Win 7 will soon not be supported. Her issues however seem to be cosmetic...there are all sorts visual enhancements and screen sizing/imaging available in Win 10 I believe to satisfy. As often is the case it is a matter of getting used to how some of familiar screen layouts (with the same functions as in Win7) have changed.

Hope she comes around...or the gr. kids can pool some funds and get her a present!? haha.

ps...yes XP was a seminal upgrade in OSs'.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post

You could set it up for her to be similar to 7. I moved my grandparents over to it. They're kind of computer illiterate, only knowing the very basics but they make out OK.

Before any upgrades you should make sure it can handle it of course. Personally I love 10.

Comment

Working...
              X