Let the Beasley to Toronto Rumours Officially Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Beasley to Toronto Rumours Officially Begin

Kidding, but seeing how his name has come up in a number of trade scenarios, I'm sure we'll here lots of talk also because of the rumblings that Bosh and Wade want to play together starting next season.

And sources have told ESPN.com that Miami, fed up with Beasley's lack of devotion to defense and steep learning curve in the maturity department, tried diligently to move Beasley before the trading deadline in February but found no takers willing to give up anything more than garbage.

So if Beasley can be moved before the draft for a player with only a partial guarantee for 2010-11, or if the Heat can arrange an uneven deal (salary-wise) and send him to an under-the-cap team in a trade that would be consummated after the league's one-week moratorium on player movement ends July 8, look for Riley to go for it.

Because despite Beasley's brief burst of offense -- four of his seven field goals came in a stretch of the first four minutes of the fourth quarter to help Miami battle back right when it appeared Boston was poised to pull away -- his body of work in this series, 11.7 points and 7.0 rebounds, and his two years of incidents and inconsistency have made him expendable.

Yes, it would be difficult to tacitly admit Beasley was a mistake at No. 2, but major mistakes have been made there before (the name Darko comes to mind).
    Source - Click here

Ive said it before and ill say it again
    a Bosh package that brings back a talent like Beasley is pretty good
    if they throw in a couple of draft picks (our conditional being one of them) it would be very good
    i know BEasy is not a very hard worker but maybe eventually it just clicks for him
    But i dont think Triano's coaching would bring out the best in him...

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
      if they throw in a couple of draft picks (our conditional being one of them) it would be very good
      i know BEasy is not a very hard worker but maybe eventually it just clicks for him
      My only concern with Beasley is his lack of motivation and as the quote referred to below his lack of defence. These were things that I noticed back before he was drafted based on earlier reports.

Perhaps playing second fiddle to Wade has gotten to him and a change of scenery is what he needs now to get that drive back. If it is, I'm willing to take the risk. But something tells me Riley's concerns are fairly legit here.

Maybe as a last resort, but dealing with Miami wouldn't be my first choice especially if Bosh is involved in such a package.

Comment

No drug addicts or gun lovers, please.

Comment

That kind of narrows the talent pool.

Beasely is going to be sick, he is simply too immature at this stage of his life to be a reliable contributor on a play off team. The guy wants to have fun, hit south beach and then play ball. 25 year old Beasely will likely be a completely different person.

Comment

The Raptors don't want Beasley.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Beasley to be moved?

But even if Riley is able to land one extremely heavy hitter in free agency (that list begins with LeBron James and continues with Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer), he isn't going to have enough room to get that second stud if he still has Beasley on the roster making $4.96 million.

And sources have told ESPN.com that Miami, fed up with Beasley's lack of devotion to defense and steep learning curve in the maturity department, tried diligently to move Beasley before the trading deadline in February but found no takers willing to give up anything more than garbage.

So if Beasley can be moved before the draft for a player with only a partial guarantee for 2010-11, or if the Heat can arrange an uneven deal (salary-wise) and send him to an under-the-cap team in a trade that would be consummated after the league's one-week moratorium on player movement ends July 8, look for Riley to go for it.
              ESPN.com

Comment

I still think Beasley has the potential to be a very good player. I also think his best position in the future might very well be at SF. And if the Raptors got back a talent like Beasley in a sign and trade, that would be pretty good.

Now all that said, he would be an awful, awful fit for the Raptors. It's pretty hard to develop a player when you're being outscored by 20-30 every single game, and that's what will happen with that front line. If the Raptors were to get him, there will have to be more moves made, possibly bringing in a third team.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Beasley sounds to me like he's going to be the next Lamar Odom. He has a similar skill set and offers a lot of the same frustrations. He would not fix the Raptors woes but if Bosh wants to be in Miami him and Wright and the Raptors' pick back wouldn't be so bad I guess...

Comment

I think that if he can change his attitude from "B-Easy" and became more like a "Beast" and took charge of his game, he could be a sick player. I think a change of scenery would benefit him, but we would need some though coaches.

Overall I wouldn't mind seeing him here though but more would need to be included

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      My only concern with Beasley is his lack of motivation and as the quote referred to below his lack of defence. These were things that I noticed back before he was drafted based on earlier reports.

Perhaps playing second fiddle to Wade has gotten to him and a change of scenery is what he needs now to get that drive back. If it is, I'm willing to take the risk. But something tells me Riley's concerns are fairly legit here.

Maybe as a last resort, but dealing with Miami wouldn't be my first choice especially if Bosh is involved in such a package.
                      just a question, who would be your first choice? (realisticly)

Comment

For a sign and trade you are only going to get spare parts.

If Bosh wants to go to Miami and the Raptors can get a sign and trade for Beasley, I would do that trade and run!

Beasley still has potential and I think the move to Toronto will do him good.

P.S I wonder how will a sign and trade work for Miami since they only have 2 other player currently signed for next season (cook& Jones) looks like its going to be complicated waiting for them to sign a whole bunch of free agents and then wait for a trade with them.
                        Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Apr 24, 2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Here's one thing to remember. The rumor is that they may want to move Beasley at the draft. If that's the case then him being involved in a CB4 S&T is impossible. Not sure Bosh is going to verbally commit under the table to Miami without being courted by all the other teams in July. Maybe the Raptors could land Beasley for something else they're holding?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            P.S I wonder how will a sign and trade work for Miami since they only have 2 other player currently signed for next season (cook& Jones) looks like its going to be complicated waiting for them to sign a whole bunch of free agents and then wait for a trade with them.
                            Miami are under the cap so salaries do not have to match in a sign and trade.

Miami could trade Beasley straight up for Bosh in a sign and trade.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

Beasley can be a decent player but i don't think he can fit in well here in toronto. He's an undersized player at the PF position and isn't mobile enough with a good dribble for the SF position; kinda stuck somewhere in the middle. Plus with Triano at the helm, I don't he can extract the effort outta Beasley. Too much risk in return for arguably the best PF in the league. Although we probably won't get the same value back in a S&T, Beasley is still not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X