Schedule leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    For me, I like to have the better announcers on the broadcast. At the very least, a fresh opinion from the Devlin-Jack-Leo homer crowd
    Yea.. but the drawback is you get some of those "celebrity" announcers who end up making really dumb comments because they haven't been watching the team all year.

golden wrote: View Post
    US national TV games are an indication of how popular your team is. Popularity means exposure, which means advertising & sponsor dollars for teams and players. Teams and players care a lot about being on US national TV - especially Chris Bosh.
    Okay, I agree that the advertising and sponsor dollars might increase for a US nationally televised game, but I don't see how that affects the actual performance of the team. We're really just talking about more money for people who wear shirts and ties, not people who wear Raptors uniforms. The cap remains and I doubt 1-2 games that Americans get to watch will convince MLSE to pay luxury taxes.

Also, in all fairness, Chris Bosh is an idiot.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Yea.. but the drawback is you get some of those "celebrity" announcers who end up making really dumb comments because they haven't been watching the team all year.
      Which is still a nice change of pace from Jack and Leo; who watch the team all year and make dumb comments.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Does anyone have a presale password for the Raptors preseason game in Calgary?? I desperately want tickets!

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
          Does anyone have a presale password for the Raptors preseason game in Calgary?? I desperately want tickets!
          definitely jump on those. I went when i lived in Van it was live.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Which is still a nice change of pace from Jack and Leo; who watch the team all year and make dumb comments.
            Agreed. The unabashed homerism is nauseating. They're MLSE employees, so its not surprising, but they have become progressively worse since the Raptors started winning. At least with ESPN/TNT/NBATV the announcers try to be impartial, and they don't wail about officiating. I swear, if I hear "contact, no call" one more time...

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Okay, I agree that the advertising and sponsor dollars might increase for a US nationally televised game, but I don't see how that affects the actual performance of the team. We're really just talking about more money for people who wear shirts and ties, not people who wear Raptors uniforms. The cap remains and I doubt 1-2 games that Americans get to watch will convince MLSE to pay luxury taxes.

Also, in all fairness, Chris Bosh is an idiot.
              I doubt that Chris Bosh is the only NBA player (or agent or sponsor) who cares about the level of national exposure the player's "brand" is getting. It's pretty obvious that exposure does have some effect on how much a player can earn in endorsements, beyond his salary. I believe there were some players who had shoe deals that would increase in value if they played in bigger markets.

Comment

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...real-1.3742273

Comment

Got a code for the presale but don't know where to enter it. Anyone know if you have to be a SSH?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Got a code for the presale but don't know where to enter it. Anyone know if you have to be a SSH?
                    I had a season ticket holder grab mine. Ticketmaster was fucked and she got an email from the flames with a new link, at 5:36. (Presale was supposed to be 5 but it wasn't available)
                    Went to the new link, best she could get was 11th row in the 200 level. Kind of dissapointed
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I had a season ticket holder grab mine. Ticketmaster was fucked and she got an email from the flames with a new link, at 5:36. (Presale was supposed to be 5 but it wasn't available)
                      Went to the new link, best she could get was 11th row in the 200 level. Kind of dissapointed
                      Yeah it was fucked. We got 12th row on the 200 level. Might have to try again on Friday to see what's available.

Comment

Yeah it was fucked. We got 12th row on the 200 level. Might have to try again on Friday to see what's available.
                        Yeah that's kind of my plan too. I set a dollar limit to get into the lower bowl, I wanna go full fan boy and get close to the bench for warmups. They're not coming back anytime soon lol
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

got my tix for raps vs warriors in Vancity

Oh hells yeah

Comment

Pre-sale didn't work for me and the first few times I searched for tix on ticketmaster there weren't any available. Got lucky on my third try (someone must have dropped them). I have front row first level of stands for Calgary.

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
                              Pre-sale didn't work for me and the first few times I searched for tix on ticketmaster there weren't any available. Got lucky on my third try (someone must have dropped them). I have front row first level of stands for Calgary.
                              Congrats, you got very lucky. I wasn't able to improve my seats from the pre-sale, but that might be because I was looking for 4. Did you get 2? Either way, that's awesome you got in!

Comment

Congrats, you got very lucky. I wasn't able to improve my seats from the pre-sale, but that might be because I was looking for 4. Did you get 2? Either way, that's awesome you got in!
                                Thanks man! Yeah I just got the 2 tix, the Wife and I will be there in full force

Comment

Working...
                                X