Masai Ujiri Close To Extension With Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    It hurts to read about TL ... the man came in and immediately changed the culture ... something that usually takes years. Still can't bring myself to edit him out of my avatar. Haha

But his legacy lives on through Masai .. and I'm ecstatic to hear we're going to lock him up.
    Part of me was a tad nervous that Masai would look elsewhere once Lieweke bolted. Glad this extension is imminent.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      He is a great GM and certainly one of the best but certainly not a genius. He's made a handful of mistakes (as does every GM not name Bufford).

Anyways easily our best GM ever and hopefully they get this done soon.
      Buford makes mistakes too. The Spurs are the best run team in the league but they are definitely not infallible. Their mistakes just don't stand out because even when they make them they keep winning 55 games.

Perhaps the most obvious one was signing Richard Jefferson to a fat contract a few years ago. That was a pretty gigantic blunder.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Part of me was a tad nervous that Masai would look elsewhere once Lieweke bolted. Glad this extension is imminent.
        Can only speak to what I've heard second-hand but I think the change in ownership has had more of an impact than the outside world realizes.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Although it is of course very highly likely, it's certainly not a given and I know it's only been a day or so since hearing this news and that there is still this year to complete the deal if need be. But it's funny to look at how impatient we are with news of DD, Lowry etc to sign when they did pretty much the second they could but this deal isn't finalized yet. Again I'm sure it will happen but really who knows how close it is to being done.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Can only speak to what I've heard second-hand but I think the change in ownership has had more of an impact than the outside world realizes.
            Please elaborate

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...-africa-recap/

going to bump this here. proud that this caring man reps the raps. great video

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Term-Extension

Good news!

Any guess on years / figures?

I'm going to go with 35 mil over 5 years
                Lock him up for as long as possible, for sure. Five years works.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Lock him up for as long as possible, for sure. Five years works.
                  It will be a longer and bigger contract then Bruno.

Comment

is it odd that we haven't heard anything more about this?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      is it odd that we haven't heard anything more about this?
                      Not at all - with how tight-lipped the Raptors front office can be, Masai will have signed the extension, completed it, and will have begun negotiations to be named King of the DVP before his extension is announced

But seriously, I'm sure that there has been some discussion around the framework, but that his focus may have been in Africa the last few weeks

Comment

Typical Masai....

#STILLEVALUATING

Comment

Ujiri going for "new heights"

Last edited by Deino; Tue Aug 23, 2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Talk about creative motivation...

Comment

Sooooooo...I guess he's not staying?!?

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                Sooooooo...I guess he's not staying?!?
                                It's true. As much as he loves Africa he has to come back to canada.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X