Legacy Semi 007 vs JimiCliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Semi 007 vs JimiCliff

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

007 vs JimiCliff

007 STARTING LINEUP

PG: Jason Kidd – 6 time All-NBA, 9 time All-Defensive team. 5 time assists leader. Only player in NBA history with 15,000 points, 10,000 assists and 7,000 rebounds

SG: Scottie Pippen – 7 time All-NBA, 10 time All-Defensive team. NBA steals leader, one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time

SF: Dennis Rodman – 2 time All-NBA, 2 time DPOY, 8 time All-Defensive team. 7 time rebounding champion, one of the greatest rebounders and defenders of all time

PF:Robert Parish – 2 time All-NBA, 4 time champion. NBA all-time leader in games played

C: Wilt Chamberlain – 4 time MVP, 10 time All-NBA. 7 time scoring champion and 11 time rebounding champion. 100 point game. One of the greatest players of all time

BENCH:

Bob Cousy – MVP, 12 time All-NBA. 8 time assists leader, 6 time champion

Jeff Hornacek – 2 time 3PT contest winner, 44% 3PT shooter at his peak

Chauncey Billups – 3 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. NBA Finals MVP, over 42% 3PT shooter at his peak

Bernard King – 4 time All-NBA, NBA scoring champion

Elvin Hayes – 6 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. 2 time rebounding champion and NBA scoring champion (as a rookie)

GAMEPLAN

In the backcourt Kidd will take Dumars while James will be guarded by Pippen, who has the size, mobility and defensive chops to guard James better than anyone else in NBA history. Durant won't be getting any rest on offence either with Rodman on him, my two perimeter aces switching when needed and locking down Jimi's two biggest threats. In the frontcourt Parish has the mobility to guard Robinson, and will punish him with post ups and high release jumpshots at the other end. Wilt will use his size and athleticism advantage to score on Ewing, whose jumpshots will be a lot harder to make when guarded by someone with the otherworldly combination of size, length, athleticism and shot-blocking prowess that Wilt possesses. Jimi is weak on the glass and will be punished by relentless offensive boards from my frontcourt, leading to lots of second chance points.

JimiCliff Lineup

PG - Walt 'Clyde' Frazier 23.2 ppg, 51.2 fg% (1972). 7x 1st Team All-Defence.

SG - 'Pistol' Pete Maravich, 31.1 ppg, NBA scoring champ (1977).

SF - Kevin Durant. 32.0 ppg, 39.1 3pt%, NBA MVP (2014).

PF - Lebron James. 26.8 ppg, 40.6 3pt%, NBA MVP, Finals MVP (2013). 5x 1st Team All-Defence.

C - Patrick Ewing. 28.6 ppg, 10.9 rebs, 4.0 bpg, 1st Team All-NBA (1990). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Bench:

Joe Dumars. 23.5 ppg (1993), 38.2 3pt% (career). 4x 1st Team All-Defence.

3 & D (& scoring too) - Eddie Jones, SG/SF. 20.1 ppg, 37.5 3pt%, 2.7 spg (2000). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Big C Alonzo Mourning, PF/C. 20.1 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 3.9 bpg (1999). 2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

Stretch Big - Cliff Robinson, F/C. 21.3 ppg, 37.1 3pt% (1995). 2x Second Team All-Defence.

Insurance Big - Elton Brand, PF/C. 24.7ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.5bpg, NBA Sportsmanship Award (2006).

JimiCliff gameplan

I'm assuming that 007 will be putting Pippen/Rodman on Durant/LeBron. Thankfully, I have one of basketball's all-time greatest scorers ready to step in and dominate. That's right folks, it's finally time to take the Pistol out of the holster; Maravich goes to SG.

On defence we're putting Lebron on Kidd for the entire game. This will really hurt 007's ability to get into his sets. Add in all-time defender Clyde Frazier hounding Pippen, it's going to be tricky getting the ball into Wilt.

A side benefit to Lebron guarding Kidd is the cross match this creates coming the other way. It's more critical to 007's gameplan to have his players match up correctly. Inevitably, there's going to be times where Kidd's stuck guarding Lebron or Durant, and we'll be working that mismatch when it comes.

Final word: I don't think 007 has enough shooting to win this.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    33.33%
    JimiCliff
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Axel; Thu Aug 25, 2016, 04:45 AM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

I'm curious about the rest of JimiCliff's defensive matchups.

Sounds like Maravich ends up on Rodman which would be a disaster on the glass.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

NOT MY ADJUSTMENT

With a starting lineup of Parish, Rodman, Kidd, I can reeeeeally pack the paint against these guys, and double team off of Rodman with abandon. By far the most offensively challenged lineup that we've seen in Legacy League. I think 007 has serious problems scoring the ball.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

ADJUSTMENT

I'll bring 'Zo in with the starter over Maravich to match Parish and counter their physicality. On defence, Lebron will sometimes switch over to Rodman, and be super aggressive on double teams. This is going to be an ugly game, but Team Jimi's got the skill to take it home.
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Well tbh Parish couldn't guard anything on your team, I would've stayed small haha.

Comment

Jimi, remember that you can't continually post. You have to wait for 007 to post before you can post again. You used your possession for your first response, so now the possession is with 007 for posting.

Comment

Right now I think Jimi can really stretch the floor. I will refrain from voting for 8 more hours. I really like his play making prowess.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Jimi, remember that you can't continually post. You have to wait for 007 to post before you can post again. You used your possession for your first response, so now the possession is with 007 for posting.
                Oh sorry, I thought that we could also respond directly to other posters who made comments about our team. My bad!
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If Jimi rolls with that starting lineup I bring in Billups for Parish, guarding Maravich and keeping Pippen-Rodman on Durant-LeBron. If James covers Kidd that means Maravich will be covering either Pippen or Rodman, and will be attacked
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

With all the lineup juggling and cross position defending, having a hard time keeping this one straight.

Honestly not sure where my vote goes at this time.

Comment

Is this still going? Kind of walked away from RR for the past few weeks. I thought you could only post one time? Did the rules change?

I like Durant over Rodman both offensively and defensively.. Rodman would just be competing with Wilt on the boards and their teammates. Defensively Rodman is better in the post than out on the elbow/wing. And on defense, Jimi can just go 5-4, doubling up on Wilt as much as possible - who's really Bond's only scoring weapon (aside from King who's coming off the bench as what looks like an 8th/9th man).

I hate Ewing.. always have (and this is just personal bias), but I like Zo. I think Zo/James could do enough work on Wilt to slow him down. And if Wilt has a bad game, Bond is screwed.

In Bond's favour he's not losing a single rebound. Jimi needs to be shooting at around .600 or higher to win this, but I think he can pull it off. So I'm voting Jimi.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Is this still going? Kind of walked away from RR for the past few weeks. I thought you could only post one time? Did the rules change?

I like Durant over Rodman both offensively and defensively.. Rodman would just be competing with Wilt on the boards and their teammates. Defensively Rodman is better in the post than out on the elbow/wing. And on defense, Jimi can just go 5-4, doubling up on Wilt as much as possible - who's really Bond's only scoring weapon (aside from King who's coming off the bench as what looks like an 8th/9th man).

I hate Ewing.. always have (and this is just personal bias), but I like Zo. I think Zo/James could do enough work on Wilt to slow him down. And if Wilt has a bad game, Bond is screwed.

In Bond's favour he's not losing a single rebound. Jimi needs to be shooting at around .600 or higher to win this, but I think he can pull it off. So I'm voting Jimi.
                        Semi finals now with the finals next week.

New rules allowing for posts on a possession arrow basis (alternating).

Comment

Was hoping to see more action to sway my vote but as it currently stands my vote is for JimiCliff.

Comment

Congrats JimiCliff on the win

Comment

Good game 007!
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X