This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    My pick, Miek's pick and Tyler Zeller (bad contract) for Bosh.

At the time, Miek still had LeBron and didn't appear to be the tank commander and I had high hopes for my team. He traded LeBron a few days later the rest is history.
    Bad luck on that one Axel. Bosh had no family history of this so it sounds like a well calculated risk. What did he he get for Bron?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Bad luck on that one Axel. Bosh had no family history of this so it sounds like a well calculated risk. What did he he get for Bron?
      I don't remember the Bron trade details but at that point Miek was full on tank mode.

It seemed that Bosh was in the clear and once again performing at an All-Stat level (he was right up until he stopped playing ranked in the low 30s on Yahoo). It was a worthy gamble that appears to have full blown up in my face for now. I resigned him to a 3 year deal with the expectation that it would likely span to the end of his fantasy stud career but 3 years is at least a manageable figure on the cap sheet.

Between this and Holiday missing an unknown amount of time due to his wife's health, it's been a bad run for team Axel with non-basketball related things.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Pretty sure he got Kyle Lowry and Dwight Howard for Lebron.

And then traded Lowry for Covington and a Pick... I think. Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Pretty sure he got Kyle Lowry and Dwight Howard for Lebron.

And then traded Lowry for Covington and a Pick... I think. Haha
          don't remember but i don't think i ever had covington.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            don't remember but i don't think i ever had covington.
            Hmm someone like him ... Grant maybe?

Either way, you're slowly starting to see the fruits of your labour I'd say! You've got a few real nice young pieces.

Comment

• Can't remember exactly but the only trades I feel I won last year were the Howard/Kobe trades to snooch for kcp and Winslow. I don't remember the trades we made for his picks though.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I traded Kyle Lowry, Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan on a 1 year deal -- to miek for essentially the #5 (Hezonja) #12 (Devin Booker) and #16 (Bobby Portis) in a strong 2015 draft.

Those were the 2 best players on my team (good, but can't win a ship alone) so I blew it up. time will tell...
                Last edited by koncept; Sat Sep 24, 2016, 12:28 AM.
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Hmm someone like him ... Grant maybe?

Either way, you're slowly starting to see the fruits of your labour I'd say! You've got a few real nice young pieces.
                  Wait... he traded Curry too! The landscape of this league could be a whole lot different had Miek hung onto Curry, LBJ, and Bosh?! Coming of a Championship the year before with KiR's team... yeeks!

The Curry trade last year gave McHappy the win-now mode he got into. Thankfully that team was sold off and dismantled, I feel like I have a shot at the chip again for the next couple years.

Training camp weekend. May we all remain happy and healthy!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Wait... he traded Curry too! The landscape of this league could be a whole lot different had Miek hung onto Curry, LBJ, and Bosh?! Coming of a Championship the year before with KiR's team... yeeks!

The Curry trade last year gave McHappy the win-now mode he got into. Thankfully that team was sold off and dismantled, I feel like I have a shot at the chip again for the next couple years.

Training camp weekend. May we all remain happy and healthy!
                    The curry over lebron decision is what ended up making my decision to completely rebuild. Made the curry trade, made a giant excel sheet with values for free agents based on team needs, missed on a couple I wanted, had a rough week one, counted lebron at 30+ and said fuck it.

Comment

• RR NBA Dynasty League (S5)

Looking back over the last few years, I still think the single biggest blow to my team is Kevin Love being traded to Cleveland. Not too many Top 5 guys in their prime drop that far without an injury. Still a very good player but hard to replace top 5/10 guys. Will be interesting to see if the GSW studs see a similar drop off this year.

On the hopeful but not quite bright side, Bosh released a video calling the set back "minor" and isn't giving up on return. Fingers crossed he can play because that's a rough way to go.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        Can't remember exactly but the only trades I feel I won last year were the Howard/Kobe trades to snooch for kcp and Winslow. I don't remember the trades we made for his picks though.

Winslow has the perfect situation this season.

Comment

Winslow has the perfect situation this season.
                          I really like Winslow as a player but do question whether he'll ever be as good a fantasy option as he is in real life.

Comment

• Woj says Bosh is done with Miami. He won't speak to Riley.

Comment

Woj says Bosh is done with Miami. He won't speak to Riley.
                              Yeah I've seen other reports that basically make it seem like Miami is done with Bosh regardless. Hopefully he can make it back somewhere. If he signed in the NE US he could conceivably take trains instead of planes to allow for more moving around and help reduce risks.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I really like Winslow as a player but do question whether he'll ever be as good a fantasy option as he is in real life.
                                my concern too. his value isn't always on the statsheet. but he is super young so willing to bet on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X