This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Rotisserie League

We're two months out from the start of the season. Time to talk fantasy. Just gauging the interest in a NBA rotisserie league? This is how ESPN defines this league type:
    Rotisserie: Rotisserie, or "Roto", is the most common way to play fantasy basketball. In this scoring type teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category, then totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.
    http://games.espn.com/fba/resources/...coring-formats
    Rotisserie would be a re-draft league if it becomes an annual thing. Don't confuse this with the h2h re-draft league as that is different and still exists.

Yahoo rules and format are listed further down in the OP. Beyond that, this is an avatar bet league, meaning the winner will pick out an avatar that all losers must wear for a week. This league will end just before the real NBA playoffs and so the penalty week where all losers must wear the avatar will be the first seven days of the NBA playoffs, starting on opening night for the Raptors or if they don't make it then opening night of the playoffs.

One exception: Right after the draft for this each person can predict the winner of the league and I'll log those predictions in this OP. If you guess right then you're except from avatar punishment if you fail to win the league.

People interested so far:
    1. Mack
    2. JimiCliff
    3. Apollo
    4. planetmars
    5. Skywalker
    6. Axel
    7. tucas
    8. DanH
    9. Drizz
    10. bertarapsfan

Yahoo Settings:
    • Draft Type: Auto Draft (determined by contestant's pre ranks or Yahoo pre ranks if no pre ranks are submitted by contestant)
    • Max Teams: 20
    • Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    • Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 20
    • Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    • Trade Reject Time: 1 day
    • Trade End Date: March 16, 2017
    • Waiver Time: No waivers
    • Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
    • Waiver Mode: Continuous
    • Waiver Processing Days: Sunday
    • Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
    • Trade Review: League Votes
    • Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    • Roster Changes: Daily - Today
    • Start Scoring on: Monday, Oct 31
    • Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK)

Rosters:
    PG
    SG
    SF
    PF
    C
    UTL
    UTL
    UTL
    ------------
    BENCH
    BENCH
    BENCH
    BENCH
    (+3 slots for injuries)
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Apollo; Mon Aug 29, 2016, 10:48 AM. Reason: .

I'm in. I haven't done a full draft in a few years now, we're getting so deep into Keep and Dynasty. I wanna get back to the roots.

Comment

I'll play.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

More fantasy sports!
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Would it not make sense to simply make the Re-Draft league roto?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Would it not make sense to simply make the Re-Draft league roto?
              No, cause I want in!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                No, cause I want in!
                Well I was just thinking, between dynasty, keeper, redraft and to add roto, 4 leagues is a fair number for the same pool of people.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Well I was just thinking, between dynasty, keeper, redraft and to add roto, 4 leagues is a fair number for the same pool of people.
                  That's true, hopefully we can get some newcomers to this one.

Also, if there was any floppers in the re-draft league, I would gladly take over if this league doesn't take off.

I've never done a roto bball league. Should be fun.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    That's true, hopefully we can get some newcomers to this one.

Also, if there was any floppers in the re-draft league, I would gladly take over if this league doesn't take off.

I've never done a roto bball league. Should be fun.
                    I've never done one either and would like to while still managing the number of drafts/auctions.

PM Joey for redraft spot to see if anything came up.

Comment

I don't think I've actually ever done rotisserie before...

Challenge accepted!

Comment

Axel, I have you down as unconfirmed. I'm not sure by your posts for sure but it sounds like you might?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Axel, I have you down as unconfirmed. I'm not sure by your posts for sure but it sounds like you might?
                          Oh I'm in. I was merely pondering out loud as how I'll have to explain to my wife that I have 3 basketball drafts each year right around my birthday (apparently asking to be left alone from her or the kids for several hours isn't the best received birthday request).

Comment

NBA Rotisserie League - Do We Want One?

Would this be straight draft or auction?

I would love for it to be auction. Dynasty doesn't really full that void with all the keepers and cap stuff.

Comment

So this is seperate to the Re-draft league we already have then? Was waiting for September to get into Keeper and Re-Draft, but just want to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                              X