Thread: Bucher: Zero Chance Bosh Goes To Thunder

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucher: Zero Chance Bosh Goes To Thunder

FYI ... according to Ric Bucher from ESPN, he claims that there's zero chance Bosh ends up apart of the Thunder.

ESPN's Ric Bucher is doing his best to deny rumors that Oklahoma City could be a potential landing spot for Raptors forward Chris Bosh this summer.

Bosh is expected to hit the free agent market.

"And in case it comes up again: Bosh-to-OKC has zero chance of happening for more reasons than I can list in 140 characters," Bucher wrote on his Twitter page.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What a cop-out

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh won't sign with the Thunder or get traded there for a number of reasons, several of which are.

1. Bosh wants to be the #1 banana. With the Thunder he is no better than #2 and maybe even #3 behind Westbrook depending on how the Thunder wind up faring in the playoffs.

2. All of these young guys like Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka etc will have contract extensions due before any contract that Bosh would sign will expire. The Thunder could not afford to keep all of them.

3. Bosh would slow down their running game and and their offense.

Clearly Bosh would be an improvement over Green player vs player but I am not so sure that Bosh would improve their overall team since Green is used to spread the floor on offense for Durant and Westbrook. Bosh on the other hand clogs the lane on offense.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I already said he wouldn't go there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Bosh won't sign with the Thunder or get traded there for a number of reasons, several of which are.

1. Bosh wants to be the #1 banana. With the Thunder he is no better than #2 and maybe even #3 behind Westbrook depending on how the Thunder wind up faring in the playoffs.
    Bosh came out and said that he would be ok with being #2 in the right situation. If he leaves Toronto he's probably going to have to be #2. Why else would he want to leave Toronto other than to play for an excellent team?

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    3. Bosh would slow down their running game and and their offense.

Clearly Bosh would be an improvement over Green player vs player but I am not so sure that Bosh would improve their overall team since Green is used to spread the floor on offense for Durant and Westbrook. Bosh on the other hand clogs the lane on offense.
    Bosh did amazingly well with team U.S.A and what you're saying was not an issue there. I think Bosh would improve that team. He's one of the fastest PFs in the game and maybe the more versatile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bosh came out and said that he would be ok with being #2 in the right situation. If he leaves Toronto he's probably going to have to be #2. Why else would he want to leave Toronto other than to play for an excellent team?

Bosh did amazingly well with team U.S.A and what you're saying was not an issue there. I think Bosh would improve that team. He's one of the fastest PFs in the game and maybe the more versatile.
    it's true, why do you think he goes to the free throw line so much?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, bigmen can't keep up with his fast feet when the Raptors run ISO for him and he elects to drive.

Thread Information