Bosh a Complainer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh a Complainer?

More importantly, though, will adding a star of Bosh’s caliber quash the team’s chemistry that has been key to Oklahoma City’s success? The Thunder already have one star in Durant, but he’s so reserved and calm that he doesn’t have any problem fitting in to the team picture. After all, he quietly put up with two seasons of mediocrity before this one without so much as an inkling of negativity.

Bosh, however, has been less than private about his dissatisfaction with the Raptors organization. He could easily sour a flawless locker-room situation in Oklahoma City, jeopardizing that ever-so-valuable chemistry.
    Source

Where does this guy get his basketball info? Bosh is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys in the league and has been repeatedly lauded for being positive and refusing to call out his team, almost to a fault. He is the franchise player for the Raptors and when they do badly he SHOULD let them know about his dissatisfaction. People question his leadership skills because he doesn't do this, at least not nearly enough. Bosh has put up with SEVEN seasons of mediocrity. Durant has nothing on him in this area. If there is one thing about Bosh that I would bet my house on it's that he would never have a negative effect on locker room chemistry. Who's with me.

Not sure what planet this guy is on.

Comment

That comment stood out for me too. I'd love to hear some justification, because as far as I can tell, Bosh is at least as classy as anyone else in the league.

Comment

I am sure that Bosh's injury was worse than Ginobilli's, but Manu didn't miss a beat despite getting his nose broken good.

Just saying
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bosh's nose isn't what sidelined him.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            I am sure that Bosh's injury was worse than Ginobilli's, but Manu didn't miss a beat despite getting his nose broken good.

Just saying
            Comeon now...tell us what you reeallly think?

Did anyone see the hockey player last week who got slogged in the mouth, came to the bench and proceeded to pull out the broken chicklets still in the mouth? I think his name was Belanger (dont remember the team).

Can never say for sure but Bosh's absence after an injury seems longer than others with similar problems. Earlier he had the ankle twist ...and it just seemed to go on...rather than the Wright, Jack or Weems similar injuries....who were back quite quickly. Maybe he just has a lower threshold for pain....like Pierce maybe?

Comment

Well, it wasn't a broken nose, it was a broken jaw and face. And I'm not sure if you've ever sprained your ankle before, but its impossible to play on one effectively until its completely healed. I have a sprained ankle right now and have had it for almost 4 weeks and I still can't run or jump past 50% effort yet and I'm only 22 so I'm still young enough to recover quickly.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                Well, it wasn't a broken nose, it was a broken jaw and face. And I'm not sure if you've ever sprained your ankle before, but its impossible to play on one effectively until its completely healed. I have a sprained ankle right now and have had it for almost 4 weeks and I still can't run or jump past 50% effort yet and I'm only 22 so I'm still young enough to recover quickly.
                Amen to that. Sprained my ankle playing volleyball last September and am now at about 95-98%. Sadly, I doubt I'll ever return to 100%. I'm constantly amazed at how fast some players come back...though often injury returns are somewhat premature.

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                  Source

Where does this guy get his basketball info? Bosh is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys in the league and has been repeatedly lauded for being positive and refusing to call out his team, almost to a fault. He is the franchise player for the Raptors and when they do badly he SHOULD let them know about his dissatisfaction. People question his leadership skills because he doesn't do this, at least not nearly enough. Bosh has put up with SEVEN seasons of mediocrity. Durant has nothing on him in this area. If there is one thing about Bosh that I would bet my house on it's that he would never have a negative effect on locker room chemistry. Who's with me.
                  i'm with the author on this one.

btw, how many mediocre seasons did KG put up with in Minnesotta? never remember him complaining and he spent a long time there.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                    okay buddy. it was a cracked orbital bone, and some bruising and swelling.

i'm pretty sure i could play with that, just give me a mask. hedo did it and that's saying something.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Wrong

LBF wrote: View Post
                      okay buddy. it was a cracked orbital bone, and some bruising and swelling.

i'm pretty sure i could play with that, just give me a mask. hedo did it and that's saying something.
                      That's pretty inaccurate...

The maxilla is often called the mustache bone, the bone that forms the upper jaw.

Simply, that’s were your teeth are anchored.

And while Hedo Turkoglu was able to wear a mask to protect the non-displaced fracture of his orbital bone and other NBA players have been able to similarly protect broken noses, there is absolutely no certainty that Bosh’s multiple injuries can be protected in this manner.
                      SportsNewsAndScores.com
                      Raptors forward Chris Bosh underwent successful surgery today to repair a displaced nasal fracture. The procedure was performed by Dr. Frank Papay at The Cleveland Clinic. Bosh will remain in the hospital overnight in Cleveland.
                      NBA.com

This situation was/is a lot different than Hedo's.

Comment

It was and he is a free agent, so long term it was clearly the safer investment not to try and come back, but what Brandon Roy is doing coming back from arthroscopic surgery after 8 days is the kind of cojones and commitment to winning you want from your franchise guy.

Comment

With all due credit to Roy, he isn't up for contract though.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            i'm with the author on this one.

btw, how many mediocre seasons did KG put up with in Minnesotta? never remember him complaining and he spent a long time there.
                            Right, it's very unfortunate that Bosh is nothing like KG. I mean, instead of calling out his teammates he'd be crying in interviews. That's exactly what Toronto fans look up to.

Comment

KG never had mediocre seasons, the Minnesota TImberwolves did. KG did everything he could there to win, they simply didn't give him the right pieces. People can make that argument for Bosh but remember one thing, KG was an elite defender and he elevated his game in the playoffs. Bosh is an average defender and his game has regressed in the playoffs. Not sure KG is the best person to be attacking in this light. Go ahead and attack his sportsmanship, I'm on board with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X