Bosh to NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh to NJ?

Maybe Prokhorov will push for Bosh to partner up with Lebron in NJ.

Do you think Yi + their 1 rounder for Bosh + our first rounder is a fare deal?

In a second!
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That won't be available until after the draft and if NJ gets top two, Wall or Turner are exponentially more valuable than Bosh. Be looking at Devin Harris coming back more likely.

Comment

no fair at all for NJ
        sorry man thats a dream situation
        now way they give up for (potentially) Wall for Bosh

Comment

a proven perennial all-star for the potential first or second pick? there is always risk (even if it's minimal) with lottery draft picks. who knows...

Comment

Overall i think it is highly doubtful that NJ will give up their pick after selling it to their fans this whole year, and NJ is able to sign two maximum free agents without a sign and trade (http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/04/1...he-salary-cap/). Potentially they could get Bosh, James (Wade), and Wall next year.

In a hypothetical trade scenario that you are suggesting I am not happy with the return we are getting on Bosh

I feel like we are giving too much up for just Yi, who plays horrible post D and and the "first" overall pick.

Bosh for Yi and NJs pick, and we get to keep our pick I am okay with it. Yi is entering his final contract year and we can dump his contract either at the Trade dead line or use it to sign someone in the offseason to improve our team. Melo? Anyways if this trade goes through and the salary cap is the same next year we will have ~$15 million coming off the books in 2011 and currently we only have $47 million locked in for the 2010-2011 season and $37 million for the 2011-2012 season (http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=9165).

Comment

Please anybody but Yi,this guy is the biggest bust, no BB IQ no passing skills. That is the best way to alianate the remainder of the Raptors fans.

Comment

Someone please explain to me how these salaries match up? Yi is owed 4mil and Bosh is going to be getting 20mil+. NJ would need to add 16mil in contracts to make it work, that is more or less the rest of there team.

Comment

Aris wrote: View Post
                  Someone please explain to me how these salaries match up? Yi is owed 4mil and Bosh is going to be getting 20mil+. NJ would need to add 16mil in contracts to make it work, that is more or less the rest of there team.
                  New Jersey has loads of cap room. They have enough money to sign Bosh outright, but a sign and trade would give Bosh the max. New Jersey could simply send a second round pick or something equally as useless back in return, so getting anything for a sign-and-trade, especially from a team under the cap, is nice. Getting a top 4 pick, would be monumental. And incredibly stupid on the Nets part.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                    New Jersey has loads of cap room. They have enough money to sign Bosh outright, but a sign and trade would give Bosh the max. New Jersey could simply send a second round pick or something equally as useless back in return, so getting anything for a sign-and-trade, especially from a team under the cap, is nice. Getting a top 4 pick, would be monumental. And incredibly stupid on the Nets part.
                    who knows maybe nets wont get 1st pick
                    would u trade bosh for evan turner?

Comment

Jack Armstrong recently had an article on how teams build around guards now instead of big men. Given that, yes, I would trade Bosh for Evan Turner.

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                        who knows maybe nets wont get 1st pick
                        would u trade bosh for evan turner?
                        In a sign and trade? In a heart beat. Exactly what kind of talent are you expecting the Raptors to get back in a sign and trade? I think you're expecting far, far too much. Think back about what the Raptors received in the McGrady sign-and-trade....
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

NJ.....OMG

Considering the turd-roll that Colangelo is on, he will get SCREWED over by Rod Thorn.

They have to give us John Wall and rid of Calderon or else this no deal if there is a Sign&Trade for Bosh

Comment

Working...
                          X