Joakim Noah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joakim Noah

Alright. I know this has probably been discussed many times, but I feel recently his play in the playoffs warrants more discussion. Joakim Noah is becoming one of the best players in the nba. the guy's young, he picks up his game like crazy when it matters - the playoffs. he's a future all star center, he won two championships with florida, rebounds and play defense like an incestuous son, and talks smack with the best of 'em. all things desperately needed in TO.

Is it just me or could TO be better with Noah than Bosh? Particularly in the coming years as Weems, Derozan, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani and Noah all reach their prime at roughly the same time?

Anyone have an idea how likely it would be the Bulls would give up Noah to get Bosh at this point? Would Bosh want to play in Chicago without Noah and what would most likely be one of either Deng or Heinrich?

I dont think Noah is going anywhere. His coach is probably going to lose his job in part because he overplayed him (foot problem) against Paxson's/doctor's wishes at end of the season...thats how much they think of him. And I have read a few times by the pundits who say that Noah and Rose are the two untouchables on that team in ref. to a Bosh or Stoudamire trade.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      Alright. I know this has probably been discussed many times, but I feel recently his play in the playoffs warrants more discussion. Joakim Noah is becoming one of the best players in the nba. the guy's young, he picks up his game like crazy when it matters - the playoffs. he's a future all star center, he won two championships with florida, rebounds and play defense like an incestuous son, and talks smack with the best of 'em. all things desperately needed in TO.

Is it just me or could TO be better with Noah than Bosh? Particularly in the coming years as Weems, Derozan, Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani and Noah all reach their prime at roughly the same time?

Anyone have an idea how likely it would be the Bulls would give up Noah to get Bosh at this point? Would Bosh want to play in Chicago without Noah and what would most likely be one of either Deng or Heinrich?
      I really have one question for you. Hoenstly, and irrespective if Bosh is traded or not, do we need another power forward? dont we have enough of them; Evans, Bosh, Andrea, Hedo, Amir? Granted he is a rebounding machine and a future all star but arn't we (collectively as a team and players after this off season) better off getting a centre a true centre? Its like our team is only made up of power fotwards and PGs (JJ, JC, Marcus, Bellineli and you can add Hedo here too).

I really think we are better off trading Bosh (if that is his choice) for a Centre a true Centre size with post presence on both ends, offencive game in the paint and blocked shots and lane intimidation on defense.
      Last edited by thomas1; Tue Apr 27, 2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Um, Noah is a centre.

Comment

Not only that, but Bargs defends the centre position, even if his offensive game is more in the power forward mold.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            Um, Noah is a centre.
            Noah is the true definition of a power forward all his game is power based and he is a big forward. Chicago however chooses to play him at centre and dont misconstrue what I meant Noah can definitely play centre just like JO can but I would prefer to trade for a true centre; like Bynum, Yao and Odom.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
              Not only that, but Bargs defends the centre position, even if his offensive game is more in the power forward mold.
              I thought the idea was to slide Andrea into the 4 spot if Bosh were to be trade, i.e. let him play his natural position. The question then becomes do you want to pair him with a centre who provides lane intimidation an established post game, weak side help and shot blocking? or do you pair with a strong power forward where he (Andrea) will have to share in some fahsion in shouldering these defensive duties ?

Comment

I think Noah would work great with Bosh. For that reason I'm starting the think he won't be on the table.

Comment

Where does this "Noah is a natural 4" and "Bargnani is a natural 4" attitude come from. Noah plays center because that's simply his best position. He's 6'11, rebounds and blocks shots, can't shoot beyond ten feet and really is not quick enough to guard the quicker PFs in the league. At what point are you saying he's a PF?

Positions, especially ones like PF and C are extremely blurred. How a player plays on offense has absolutely nothing to do with what position he plays. Most PFs score in the paint, but not guys like Dirk or Troy Murphy. Does that make them SFs? Obviously not. In the NBA, it mostly comes down to what position you defend the best. Noah defends centers best, as does Bargnani. Both are guys you want defending closer to the basket, where most other centers play, and neither is very good at guarding quicker, perimeter oriented players.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

thomas1 wrote: View Post
                    Noah is the true definition of a power forward all his game is power based and he is a big forward. Chicago however chooses to play him at centre and dont misconstrue what I meant Noah can definitely play centre just like JO can but I would prefer to trade for a true centre; like Bynum, Yao and Odom.
                    So I guess that following your line of thinking also Shaq would fall in the power forward category?

Comment

A big 3 man rotation of Bargs, Johnson and Noah would simply be the best thing that can happen to this franchise given the status quo (dare I say even better than Bosh Bargnani and Johnson? yes). Will it ever happen? No way!

Comment

I wonder if Bosh and Johnson for Noah would work?

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                          I wonder if Bosh and Johnson for Noah would work?
                          Sure it would, but the Bulls would have to include something more. Deng and Noah would be nice.

Comment

Noah and Deng would be good. Maybe do a Hinrich for Calderon swap while we're at it.

Comment

i don't care hgow good he gets i freakiun hate noah so much.

i just want to chop his ugly mop top and the greasy freakin chin starp...

gggrrrrrrrr... words can not describe how much i hate him with a passion.

i hope he trips and falls and smashes his ugly beak of the floor and breaks his leg into 50 million pieces and can never play again.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X