OK, Serious Trades That Would Make This Team Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Serious Trades That Would Make This Team Good

OK I rarely use this ESPN trade machine but being bored made me check it out and I gotta say I found some really realistic trades that could make this team a lot better.

First one Is Jose and Reggie to Philly for Iguodala. I know Philly might want more but they really need a point guard since miller left and Iggy didn't have a great season last year.

Here it is
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yft8n8h

OK now the next one I really like. Hedo and Banks for Prince and Maxiell. Crazy? Not so fast, Joe Dumars is in a string of bad moves maybe we can take advantage. Maxiell brings much needed intensity and defense to this team as well.

Here it is

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2c8fatk

That gives a Starting five of

C Bargnani
    PF Bosh?
    SF Prince
    SG Iguodala
    PG Jack

Would this be enough to persuade Bosh? That still leaves a needed backup point guard. Could use the draft pick to get one or a free agent or another trade. What do y'all think? If I take Bosh out this team still doesn't look that bad to me.

Sounds good on paper, but I bet they will all have carrer lows on this team.

Comment

C Bargnani
      PF Bosh?
      SF Prince
      SG Iguodala
      PG Jack

We basically have no ball distributor.... Jack court vision is not better than Calderon....i would have calderon in this lineup but if there is hedo in the lineup instead of prince thats a different story...we need balance. I feel without calderon or any good ball handlers we will have a lot of turnovers .......many elite teams could capitalize all these un-force turnovers

Comment

if we get maxiel, what happens to amir johnson? i personally would keep johnson over maxiel b/c he's already played a year here and we can build on that, as opposed to maxiel who we'll kinda have to start from scratch. i feel johnson has more upside as well. definitely doesn't make sense to keep both cuz they'd be splitting minutes. unless bosh leaves, then that's a different story...

Comment

I like this trade but would Dumars really want Hedo's contract? From a baseketball standpoint, it makes sense because the Piston would desperately need a ball distributor, a player who can create (in Hedo) and on top of that he'll get a good player in Banks and his expiring contract. But judging by Hedo's first year in T.O. might prove to be too sketchy for Dumars to bite on. On another point, if they can somehow get Rip Hamilton too (hopefully a rejuvanted Rip) than that can only be better for the Raps. A proven scorer who can play stingy defense, at least from what I remember. Maybe he played team defense well... Ah well, having his veteran presence would be welcoming. I just hope we don't start looking like this year's Pistons.
          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Let me be the first to open this up to some reality here...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

There's no way in a million years that Philly would trade Iguodala for Calderon and Evans. If they really wanted to trade Iguodala, they could get a much, much better deal than that. If the Raptors throw in DeRozan, THEN, Philly MIGHT bite.

And I'd be the first to agree that Dumars has made some bad moves, but to assume he'd make a horrendously bad deal because of that is stupid. That's like saying, hey Mitch Kupchak once traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown, so he might trade Bynum for Turkoglu.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If Bosh stays we need to make 2 moves to make this team good...

1) Find a way to get CP3
              2) bring Oak onboard as an assistant/motivator

Comment

Trades that work? Ummm...well, from both a Philly standpoint and a Detroit standpoint, there's no way either team does that.

A trade that *MIGHT*(operative word here is 'might') work with Philadelphia (and that is, if you're looking to get rid of Hedo that badly) is Hedo and Banks for Elton Brand and Jodie Meeks.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  A trade that *MIGHT*(operative word here is 'might') work with Philadelphia (and that is, if you're looking to get rid of Hedo that badly) is Hedo and Banks for Elton Brand and Jodie Meeks.
                  Hmmm .... and that's assuming that either Bosh or Bargnani are playing somewhere else next season too eh, Hoops? If not that would be a serious clusterf*#k in our frontline.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Hmmm .... and that's assuming that either Bosh or Bargnani are playing somewhere else next season too eh, Hoops? If not that would be a serious clusterf*#k in our frontline.
                    I think if Bosh is gone with no real starting bigman in a s & t, then I think Brand could definitely work in the low post as a 4 and keep Barney at the 5. You don't think it would work Doc?

Comment

Sure it'd work, but no one wants Brand. I'm personally a fan of his but there's not many of us out there. Especially after this past season. Either way Brand brings some post moves and a jump shot. And if he continues to rebound from his injury well, I see no problem in trading Turk for Brand. In fact, it solves Philli's problem of having no one who can create/distribute on offense, and it takes Brand off their hands.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Trades that work? Ummm...well, from both a Philly standpoint and a Detroit standpoint, there's no way either team does that.

Sorry to hammer this into everybody's brain but again, we are not addressing the raps needs on defense. might as well resign amir, at least this guy knows where he stands, unlike brand who thinks he's still an all-star caliber player. dalembert would be better, but that contract is ugly.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          Sorry to hammer this into everybody's brain but again, we are not addressing the raps needs on defense. might as well resign amir, at least this guy knows where he stands, unlike brand who thinks he's still an all-star caliber player. dalembert would be better, but that contract is ugly.
                          Can't see the Sixers parting ways with an expiring in Dalembert so easily.

My key point was that if MLSE is so desperate to get rid of Hedo, they have an option. It's not the best, but you're not gonna have very many options. Probably would be best just to keep Turkoglu.

Comment

if we get Prince for Turk, ill go nuts
                            that aint happening
                            even though Dumars has done a few bad deals in the past doesnt mean hes stupid

Comment

I can see Prince going in the summer, only because they have Daye in the wings, but it won't be for something of little value right now, like Turkoglu.

Comment

Working...
                              X