Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: ESPN Rumour: Bosh for Bynum Done Deal?

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    The point was that he played for a "loser" his whole career and he became integral part of a team that has become very good when the opportunity came about. I'm not saying Maggette is a superstar or anything, but if he was on the Raps they'd be much better because I'm sure we all agree the Raps are missing a nice wing player and I think he fits the bill.
    Does he play above average defense? If not then move on. The Raptors number one need is to improve their defense. If they take back Bargnani or Turkoglu, then that would improve the defense, possibly, but it's not a big improvement. You could conceivably trade Bargnani for Maggette and then get a defensive center, which would improve the defense. Say, if Bosh goes to the Lakers for Bynum, then you could trade Bargnani for Maggette. Then if they could deal Turkoglu for anything, you'd be on the right track.

  2. #62
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While Maggette would more than make up for the scoring void, do you think he's really shaken the injury bug? Because of him slashing to the hoop over the years, he's dealt with a myriad of injuries.
    I do think we could milk more than Maggette out of the W's (perhaps Wright?)..and does Bryan want to trade his golden child?

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TIm W. wrote: View Post
    Does he play above average defense? If not then move on. The Raptors number one need is to improve their defense. If they take back Bargnani or Turkoglu, then that would improve the defense, possibly, but it's not a big improvement. You could conceivably trade Bargnani for Maggette and then get a defensive center, which would improve the defense. Say, if Bosh goes to the Lakers for Bynum, then you could trade Bargnani for Maggette. Then if they could deal Turkoglu for anything, you'd be on the right track.
    I'm with you Tim, I'm just banking on the coaching staff coming up with a new defensive gameplan for next season. If I remember correctly, Maggette was a decent defender on Duke and I think he'd be an upgrade over anything we have or could get on the FA market. Trading Calderon for him would make perfect sense to me because we'd have a hard-nose player at the 3. I'm hoping Bargs gets dealt for something this off-season, preferably for a devensive C as you say, but I don't see BC pulling the trigger yet.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'm with you Tim, I'm just banking on the coaching staff coming up with a new defensive gameplan for next season. If I remember correctly, Maggette was a decent defender on Duke and I think he'd be an upgrade over anything we have or could get on the FA market. Trading Calderon for him would make perfect sense to me because we'd have a hard-nose player at the 3. I'm hoping Bargs gets dealt for something this off-season, preferably for a devensive C as you say, but I don't see BC pulling the trigger yet.
    Duke was a LONG time ago for Maggette. He showed promise at Duke, but he he also only played 17 mpg in one season, there. Years of playing on losing teams and not being asked to play defense (or do the little things that help win) have tainted him. A few years ago, I thought he would still be salvageable, but the guy is turning 31 next season. And defensive schemes are overrated. The most important thing is the player.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TIm W. wrote: View Post
    Duke was a LONG time ago for Maggette. He showed promise at Duke, but he he also only played 17 mpg in one season, there. Years of playing on losing teams and not being asked to play defense (or do the little things that help win) have tainted him. A few years ago, I thought he would still be salvageable, but the guy is turning 31 next season. And defensive schemes are overrated. The most important thing is the player.
    I'd still think he'd be an upgrade. Slim pick'ns these days.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •