Would you do this S&T:
Bosh, Calderon & Toronto 2nd 2012
Ariza, one of Brooks/Lowry, one of Hill/Scola, Houston 1st 2010 and New York 1st 2012
use expiring contracts to even out salaries.
I went with Calderon for Houston because:
a. I don't think Houston takes Turkoglu regardless;
b. Calderon is a proven bench strength and better fit/distributor for Houston if he has Yao/Bosh to send passes to;
c. Calderon's contract is cheaper and shorter than Turkoglu's (far more enticing to Houston imo)
Great trade for TO all things considered as:
1. Ariza is a nice fit for Turkoglu (if Turks is retained) or replacement for him if Turks is traded
2. Either one of Brooks or Lowry make for a nice back-up/co-chair for Jack
3. I much prefer Scola as it retains as much competitiveness as possible for the Raps but Hill is a nice consolation prize and has better upside
4. The picks allow us to continue to retool/help dump Turks
5. Calderon is one of the problem contracts and dumping it is a big plus
6. What we lose with Bosh we may get via the massive defensive upgrade that this trade represents (especially if its Scola at PF)
PG Jack/Brooks or Lowry
PF Johnson/Scola or Hill
Banks, Bellinelli, Evans remain last-year contracts up for trade going forward.
Center spot remains an issue but hopefully a trade would deal with that.