Bosh For Al Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh For Al Jefferson

I think that this trade would work from a sign and trade perspective as both teams would be under the cap after the trade.

The T-Wolves this season also have three first round draft picks.

Their own plus the Bobcats 16th and the Jazz 23rd

So they could toss either the Bobcats or Jazz pick in along with Jefferson. I doubt that they would throw in their own first round pick.

I would not recommend this as a first choice sign and trade. But if BC can't find another team to do a Bosh sign and trade with the T-Wolves would probably go for this and it would be better than just losing Bosh to free agency if he doesn't want to return to the Raptors.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I like Jefferson's game - he's nice. Problem is - Bosh is not going to want to go to Minny.

Comment

uggg...no thanks....jefferson doesnt play defense....hes often injured...offensively, he would be a better player to put beside bargs....but no thanks...and why would bosh want to go to Minnesota?

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Al Jefferson and would welcome this deal in a heartbeat. Jefferson is exactly the type of big man we could you use.

But, there would have to be a third (and much better) team involved because no way Bosh would settle playing for Minnesota. He wants to win now, not play on a worse team than Toronto.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          I like Jefferson's game - he's nice. Problem is - Bosh is not going to want to go to Minny.
          You beat me too it.

Comment

The T-Wolves have coaches with a history of winning as players, head coaches if you count Laimbeer's titles in the WNBA and why not,

Rambis spent years with the Lakers organization - Win, win and win some more. He knows more about winning than the entire Raptors coaching staff

Laimbeer won 2 NBA rings as a player and three WNBA rings as a head coach

Jerry Sichting, Director of Personnel has one NBA ring with the Celtics and the next season the Celtics lost in the Finals.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/wolv...perations.html

The T-Wolves have some key management personnel with a history of winning and winning big in the NBA and WNBA (yes it is a real pro league and yes you do have to motivate your players)

They also have some excellent young talent along with three first round draft picks this season plus Rubio waiting in the wings. Word is he will leave Spain and sign with the T-Wolves possibly as early as 2011-12.

In addition Taylor will pay and Bosh will be the #1 guy in Minny.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'm with those who say Bosh won't be going to Minnesota.

HOWEVER

Easy to see where Minnesota could become involved given the assets they have to play with. Getting a player they want while helping to grease the skids for a Bosh trade would be a good days work.

Comment

Ya, the two biggest problems with this deal is that Bosh would have to choose Minnesota over Miami, New York, CHicago etc., and the fact that Al Jefferson is as bad a defender as Bargnani is. Maybe worse.

I have a question. Do the people who want to get guys like Jefferson and David Lee really not understand the correlation between defense and winning, or do you just not care?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm on board for it as soon as someone can explain to me why on earth Bosh would want to leave Toronto for Minnesota...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I'm on board for it as soon as someone can explain to me why on earth Bosh would want to leave Toronto for Minnesota...
                    exactly
                    i dont see that happening
                    i would love it
                    but it seems more like a 2K trade

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I thought I explained it in my prior post.

I guess you aren't buying my explanation.

Fair enough

Besides Bosh could use his entire set of winter outfits in Minnesota

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Besides Bosh could use his entire set of winter outfits in Minnesota
                        HAHAHA!!! Rap of the Day!
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                        X