Thread: DeMar Doesn't Make the Cut & Misses the All-Rookie Team

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar Doesn't Make the Cut & Misses the All-Rookie Team

Not surprised though. Really didn't do much until the end of this season. He got one vote at least.

Tyreke Evans of the Sacramento Kings, Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks and Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors were unanimous selections to the 2009-10 T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie First Team, the NBA announced today.

Rounding out the T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie First Team are New Orleans’ Darren Collison (46 points) and Chicago’s Taj Gibson (41 points).
    Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first place votes in parentheses): Wesley Matthews, Utah, 16 (3); Omri Casspi, Sacramento, 13; Chase Budinger, Houston, 8; Ty Lawson, Denver, 7; Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia, 7 (1); Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 6 (1); Toney Douglas, New York, 2 (1); Rodrigue Beaubois, Dallas, 1; Sam Young, Memphis, 1; DeMar, DeRozan, 1.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, no way I'd put him on the first team. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make second team, either. Doesn't really matter, though.

Post Thanks / Like

We knew coming into the season that DeRozan probably wouldn't have a big time impact until the following season or beyond. In his one and only year at USC he struggled mightily until close to the end of the season leading into the tourney. When he "got it" he carried that team and they accomplished more than was expected. DeMar will get his recognition some day if he keeps working hard on his game.

Post Thanks / Like

It's kinda weird that 1st, 2nd and 3rd all NBA teams are compromised of a PG, SG, SF, PF and C and this year's all-rookie team is compromised of 4 point guards/combo guards and 1 small forward.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if the all-rookie team has ever been a positional award. I think it's always been about the best players of the class and its tough to argue those five aren't deserving.

Post Thanks / Like

No surprise here, although not sure what Toney Douglas did to get on there. Put up average numbers on a crap team?

Post Thanks / Like

Those guys that made it are very much deserving. Just funny, that's all.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you have a team with 4 guards one under-undersized PF?

Maybe they should rename it the top 5 rookie players instead of this team thingy.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the 2009-10 all-rookie first team with players in their proper positions

Ibaka
    Blair
    Budinger
    Jennings
    Curry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    No surprise here, although not sure what Toney Douglas did to get on there. Put up average numbers on a crap team?
    I think it was partially due to the crap team being in NYC and the last quarter of the season he put up above average numbers (13.6PPG, 45% FG, 3.7AST, 3.2REB, 1.3STL).

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see how DeRozan does in this year's summer league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think it was partially due to the crap team being in NYC and the last quarter of the season he put up above average numbers (13.6PPG, 45% FG, 3.7AST, 3.2REB, 1.3STL).
    Last quarter of the season?

That is almost as bad as projecting what Johnson would do as a full time starter off the last 4 games of the Raptors season

Post all star
    ----------------------------
    MPG Douglas 26 DeRozan 22
    Points Douglas 11.0 DeRozan 9.1
    Rebounds Douglas 2.8 DeRozan 2.8
    FG% Douglas 44.1% DeRozan 54.0%

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not projecting anything. I'm telling you that in the last 20 games of the season he turned some heads. He finished strong and he's in a place that get lots of attention. That's why he made the list in my opinion. Discredit it all you like but he's on the list and so by all means axe my theory and come up with a better one. I'm all ears.

Post Thanks / Like

is there an all-sophomore team? cause sonny would be on it.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    is there an all-sophomore team? cause sonny would be on it.
    Uh, ahead of who? Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Danilo Gallinari, Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, Jason Thompson, Courtney Lee, Nicolas Batum or George Hill?

Thread Information