DeMar Doesn't Make the Cut & Misses the All-Rookie Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar Doesn't Make the Cut & Misses the All-Rookie Team

Not surprised though. Really didn't do much until the end of this season. He got one vote at least.

Tyreke Evans of the Sacramento Kings, Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks and Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors were unanimous selections to the 2009-10 T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie First Team, the NBA announced today.

Rounding out the T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie First Team are New Orleans’ Darren Collison (46 points) and Chicago’s Taj Gibson (41 points).
    Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first place votes in parentheses): Wesley Matthews, Utah, 16 (3); Omri Casspi, Sacramento, 13; Chase Budinger, Houston, 8; Ty Lawson, Denver, 7; Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia, 7 (1); Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 6 (1); Toney Douglas, New York, 2 (1); Rodrigue Beaubois, Dallas, 1; Sam Young, Memphis, 1; DeMar, DeRozan, 1.
    Source - Click here

Ya, no way I'd put him on the first team. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make second team, either. Doesn't really matter, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

We knew coming into the season that DeRozan probably wouldn't have a big time impact until the following season or beyond. In his one and only year at USC he struggled mightily until close to the end of the season leading into the tourney. When he "got it" he carried that team and they accomplished more than was expected. DeMar will get his recognition some day if he keeps working hard on his game.

Comment

It's kinda weird that 1st, 2nd and 3rd all NBA teams are compromised of a PG, SG, SF, PF and C and this year's all-rookie team is compromised of 4 point guards/combo guards and 1 small forward.

Comment

I'm not sure if the all-rookie team has ever been a positional award. I think it's always been about the best players of the class and its tough to argue those five aren't deserving.

Comment

No surprise here, although not sure what Toney Douglas did to get on there. Put up average numbers on a crap team?

Comment

Those guys that made it are very much deserving. Just funny, that's all.

Comment

How do you have a team with 4 guards one under-undersized PF?

Maybe they should rename it the top 5 rookie players instead of this team thingy.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Here is the 2009-10 all-rookie first team with players in their proper positions

Ibaka
                  Blair
                  Budinger
                  Jennings
                  Curry
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    No surprise here, although not sure what Toney Douglas did to get on there. Put up average numbers on a crap team?
                    I think it was partially due to the crap team being in NYC and the last quarter of the season he put up above average numbers (13.6PPG, 45% FG, 3.7AST, 3.2REB, 1.3STL).

Comment

It will be interesting to see how DeRozan does in this year's summer league.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I think it was partially due to the crap team being in NYC and the last quarter of the season he put up above average numbers (13.6PPG, 45% FG, 3.7AST, 3.2REB, 1.3STL).
                        Last quarter of the season?

That is almost as bad as projecting what Johnson would do as a full time starter off the last 4 games of the Raptors season

Post all star
                        ----------------------------
                        MPG Douglas 26 DeRozan 22
                        Points Douglas 11.0 DeRozan 9.1
                        Rebounds Douglas 2.8 DeRozan 2.8
                        FG% Douglas 44.1% DeRozan 54.0%

Comment

I'm not projecting anything. I'm telling you that in the last 20 games of the season he turned some heads. He finished strong and he's in a place that get lots of attention. That's why he made the list in my opinion. Discredit it all you like but he's on the list and so by all means axe my theory and come up with a better one. I'm all ears.

Comment

is there an all-sophomore team? cause sonny would be on it.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              is there an all-sophomore team? cause sonny would be on it.
                              Uh, ahead of who? Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Danilo Gallinari, Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, Jason Thompson, Courtney Lee, Nicolas Batum or George Hill?
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X