Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon Playing With Spanish National Team This Summer

Good or bad thing?

Keep in mind injuries have been once again one of Jose's biggest problems over these last couple seasons.

After the season ended, Jose Manuel Calderon returned to Villanueva (Badajoz) to be with his family and friends. Among his immediate goals are to finalize the details for the IV Campus Calderón in Cáceres that will be held in late June and to start preparing for the World Cup that will be held in Turkey during the month of September.
    Source - Click here

He probably won't play a lot of minutes as backup to

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Good news ... tough year for Jose, it'll be refreshing for him to play with the Spanish National Team.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Well, from a basketball perspective it's good because maybe he can capture his consistent jumper again. Maybe find his free throw stroke again. There's always a risk of injury no matter what you do. But if it isn't in his contract to restrict him from playing international ball with his national team, all power to him. As long as he doesn't pull a Monta on us so at least he'll have some value next year should the Raptors decide to use him as trade bait.
        #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Not playing last summer certainly didn't help. And if he's going to be platooned with Jack, the wear and tear isn't going to be as much of a problem as it was last year.

And you can't restrict a player from playing for his national team. That's illegal.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Rubio just led Barcelona into the Euro League Finals. First Spanish team to make it since 2005

As I previously posted I don't see Calderon getting a lot of minutes with the Spanish National team this summer so he should be fresh come Oct

# The passing skills of Rubio are something else.

# Rubio looking good now. Minnesota fans: You're going to enjoy watching him when he plays there against the Timberwolves.
            http://twitter.com/hoopshype

10 points and 8 assists in 31 minutes in a 64 - 54 win. So he was involved in 26 or their 64 points or about 40% worth

http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...e?gamecode=185
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Good or bad thing?

Keep in mind injuries have been once again one of Jose's biggest problems over these last couple seasons.

Source - Click here
              It doesn't matter because he won't be here next season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                It doesn't matter because he won't be here next season.

Comment

Working...
                X