I've been thinking about this for a while now. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm beginning to like it...
With the Wizards obviously in total rebuilding mode (already dumped Jamison/Haywood/Butler), Agent Zero doesn't figure to be part of their long-term plans in any way, shape, or form.
My proposal is sending Hedo and Jose to Washington for Arenas.
(Keep in mind that the salaries match up almost evenly, so there's not much to be gained or lost in that department.)
Rationale for Washington:
1. Gets rid of Arenas, who obviously does not fit into what they're trying to do AT ALL.
2. Acquires two assets that are more "tradeable" than one Agent Zero. (that's not saying much, but hey...)
3. At the very least, they get two decent offensive players for a very offensively-challenged roster.
Rationale for Toronto:
1a. It might be enough to convince Bosh to stay. (even though it seems that some people want him gone anyway...)
1b. If CB does bolt, we will need someone who can create his own offence and occasionally attract double teams.
2. Acquiring Arenas might make Jarrett Jack expendable, and his market value could be enough to add some nice wing or frontcourt depth, or just to clear cap space.
3. Despite the injuries and the gun incident, Arenas still has star potential at the age of 28. It's easy to forget that he was a Top 5 player in the league only 3 years ago. HIBACHI!
ESPN Trade Machine link for the heck of it: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yjbl4tu
So, feel free to "shoot" me down over this...(sorry )
I'm just curious as to what the general reaction will be.