Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC11 wrote: View Post
    Really? A name change?
    Someone on Cybulski's post commented how if we changed the name "Toronto" to "Miami Beach", it wouldn't really bring warm weather.
    I thought it was perfect.

If the Raptors were a contender, this wouldn't be a topic of discussion.

If you really dissect team names, the Lakers for instance would be such a stupid name.
    It means either a guy who goes to lakes, a type of fish, or a type of boat (or i don't eve know what it means).
    But I don't see their fans knocking their team name.
    You know why?
    Because their legacy makes it great.

Focus on building a contending team.
    Not superficial touch-ups.

This should be a petition to MLSE on building a contender.
    That, i'll sign.
    The Lakers are leftover from when the team was in Minneapolis, Minnesota- the land of a thousand lakes. The Raptors are leftover from a dinosaur craze created by Jurassic Park. I stand by my assertion that we should change their name to the Na'avi, or maybe just the Toronto Avatars. Update it every decade to take advantage of the most popular movie craze.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
      The Lakers are leftover from when the team was in Minneapolis, Minnesota- the land of a thousand lakes. The Raptors are leftover from a dinosaur craze created by Jurassic Park. I stand by my assertion that we should change their name to the Na'avi, or maybe just the Toronto Avatars. Update it every decade to take advantage of the most popular movie craze.
      How about Toronto Twilight? Toronto Shrek? Toronto Hangover? Toronto Sex and the City?

Comment

I just died laughing!
        Toronto Avatars!!!!!
        Amazing.

Forgot about the Minneapolis move.

Comment

From marketing perspective, it would make sense: fans have to buy new jerseys and other merchandise with new logo. But from the history perspective, with what was achieved in the last 15 years, is just silly to change the name: everyone will know that Huskies are old Raptors anyway, is not like you can clean the record. Not to mention that the future of Raptors/Huskies might be mediocre for a foreseeable future if the summer plans goes bad (i.e. CB4 leaves without sign and trade). Unless BC drastically improve the Raptors ( i.e. pair LeBron or Wade with Bosh) to start a NBA dynasty, no need to change the name.

Comment

The mere notion of changing the team name is really pathetic.
            RR OG

Comment

I hope somebody at MLSE is reading this and hires you!!

Comment

This is what happens when there is no RAPTOR ball.

Comment

Raptors 4ever

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                    Raptors 4ever
                    BOH! Raps fan for life!
                    RR OG

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Dump!
                        RR OG

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          LMAO ... that actually made me laugh. Cheers Tim.

The Bitches? No disrespect. (Husky .... the dog ..... female dogs are referred as ....... bitches)
                          that would certainly create quite the controversy. hahaa

i agree raptors isn't fresh anymore the grizzlies however was sick the vancouver grizzlies memphis grizzilies doesn't work as well.
                          Last edited by LBF; Tue May 4, 2010, 05:18 PM.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                          X