Stern Hopes Bosh Stays In Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stern Hopes Bosh Stays In Toronto?

Well he actually he said it about Lebron, but if you read what he said it sounds like he thinks all free agent stars should stay with their current teams.

Stern Hopes LeBron Stays In Cleveland

May 03, 2010 11:10 PM EST

David Stern took the unusual step of publicly declaring his preference for where a free-agent-to-be will sign. The commissioner told the media that he hopes LeBron James stays in Cleveland after this season.

"Hopefully he'll stay," Stern said Monday. "That's the way the system is designed," referring to the additional cash that the team holding Bird Rights over a free-agent can offer him.

"That's the way it should be," Stern said. "It allows teams to keep their own players.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir..._in_cleveland/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Why would he? If all star players change teams, then everyone will have to go out and buy new jerseys, or maybe he just wants to rake in the luxury tax

Comment

Stern is put there by the owners. He's there to protect the owner's investment. If the Raptors lose a marquee player in a bad trade it hurts the Raptors' business. It hurts the Raptors' investment. Stern is not pocketing that money you speak of and something tells that most of the 28 other teams sitting there watching the Raptors get hosed in a S&T would not be happy to see it happen.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Stern is put there by the owners. He's there to protect the owner's investment. If the Raptors lose a marquee player in a bad trade it hurts the Raptors' business. It hurts the Raptors' investment. Stern is not pocketing that money you speak of and something tells that most of the 28 other teams sitting there watching the Raptors get hosed in a S&T would not be happy to see it happen.
        Kind of like the reaction to the Gasol to the Lakers trade a few years ago?

Comment

That wasn't a S&T but did David Stern come out and applaud the Grizzlies for making that trade?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            That wasn't a S&T but did David Stern come out and applaud the Grizzlies for making that trade?
            I think you miss-understood what I was trying to say. I meant that (from what I can remember) most of the league executives weren't impressed with the Gasol-Lakers trade.

"something tells that most of the 28 other teams sitting there watching the Raptors get hosed in a S&T would not be happy to see it happen."

Just like I can remember the rest of the league not being happy with that Pau Gasol trade.

Comment

Biff wrote: View Post
              I think you miss-understood what I was trying to say. I meant that (from what I can remember) most of the league executives weren't impressed with the Gasol-Lakers trade.

"something tells that most of the 28 other teams sitting there watching the Raptors get hosed in a S&T would not be happy to see it happen."

Just like I can remember the rest of the league not being happy with that Pau Gasol trade.
              Just so we put that trade into perspective as to how it turned out for the Grizzlies 2 years later....and wishing that Colangelo can even come close to the prospective return for Bosh.

Here is a piece worth reading. The Grizzles didnt do so bad...

From Espn.....
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that Memphis is winning, I asked a guy I know who works for the Grizzlies to break down the trade from a Memphis perspective. Here's what he sent me:

"John,

"We used the 2008 Lakers first round pick to acquire the draft rights to Darrell Arthur, who will return sometime this month after missing all of the season thus far due to pectoral surgery. He made 64 starts last season.

"We traded Javaris Crittenton to the Washington Wizards to reacquire one of our own first round picks that we originally gave to Washington for the draft rights to Juan Carlos Navarro, who since signed to play in Spain again.

"We also have the Lakers' 2010 first round pick (We also have our own and the Nuggets after acquiring Steven Hunter) and obviously Marc Gasol.

"Also, the money we saved on Pau's deal allowed us to assume the contract of Zach Randolph last season, when we essentially traded Darko Milicic for him (Darko for Quentin Richardson first, then Quentin to LAC for Randolph). Pau and Zach are earning similar amount.

"So essentially we have been able to add Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol, the NBA's top rebounding duo from the deal. If healthy, Darrell was going to be our first big off the bench. And we added two first rounders (2010 Lakers pick and the pick we reacquired from the Wizards for Javaris Crittenton)."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/column..._/post/4879650

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Just so we put that trade into perspective as to how it turned out for the Grizzlies 2 years later....and wishing that Colangelo can even come close to the prospective return for Bosh.

From Espn.....
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that Memphis is winning, I asked a guy I know who works for the Grizzlies to break down the trade from a Memphis perspective. Here's what he sent me:

"John,

"We used the 2008 Lakers first round pick to acquire the draft rights to Darrell Arthur, who will return sometime this month after missing all of the season thus far due to pectoral surgery. He made 64 starts last season.

"We traded Javaris Crittenton to the Washington Wizards to reacquire one of our own first round picks that we originally gave to Washington for the draft rights to Juan Carlos Navarro, who since signed to play in Spain again.

"We also have the Lakers' 2010 first round pick (We also have our own and the Nuggets after acquiring Steven Hunter) and obviously Marc Gasol.

"Also, the money we saved on Pau's deal allowed us to assume the contract of Zach Randolph last season, when we essentially traded Darko Milicic for him (Darko for Quentin Richardson first, then Quentin to LAC for Randolph). Pau and Zach are earning similar amount.

"So essentially we have been able to add Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol, the NBA's top rebounding duo from the deal. If healthy, Darrell was going to be our first big off the bench. And we added two first rounders (2010 Lakers pick and the pick we reacquired from the Wizards for Javaris Crittenton)."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/column..._/post/4879650
                Okay if we want to say that then the Darko pick wasn't that bad. The Pistons eventually turned him into R. Stuckey who while not yet an all-star is certainly worthy of being a top ten lottery pick. Though i would agree that he will probably not ever be worth a #2 pick. The point being is that using the argument above the Darko pick was not a bust. I don't think you see too many people writing or saying that.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

From Espn.....
                  All I was trying to say was that the general reception by most of the GM's (as I remember reading back then) was that the deal was one-sided and they were upset with the value the Grizzlies received at that time. I never stated that the trade was a good or bad for anyone just that I remember reading that some GM's where upset with it. I never stated my opinion on it.

Comment

Biff wrote: View Post
                    All I was trying to say was that the general reception by most of the GM's (as I remember reading back then) was that the deal was one-sided and they were upset with the value the Grizzlies received at that time. I never stated that the trade was a good or bad for anyone just that I remember reading that some GM's where upset with it. I never stated my opinion on it.
                    you guys have gone a little far off topic.

more importantly, though

stern is saying what everyone wants top hear dude's a puppet a smart one ? maybe. but, still a puppet.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                    X