No announcement yet.

Insider Gossip: Colangelo Likely to Let Bosh Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly, highly doubtful that it's true. If the Raptors were that weary of Bosh's body, they would have traded him when they had the chance, either last summer or before the trade deadline. Why take such a huge risk on a player like that when you can get something back for him now? Especially since they will not only risk losing him to injury, but to another team. The smart thing to do would have been to simply trade him.

Besides, isn't the RealGM forum one of the worst places for making stuff like this up?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
      Why was the post deleted? Don't they usually lock posts, rather than deleting them?
      I don't know whether you follow politics or not but tons of stuff is redacted and just wiped clean on the internet all the time. Sometimes people get lucky and are able to save it in cache. I am sure that it happens in other areas all the time.

Stuff gets out there on websites that people don't want out there and then it gets redacted or just wiped clean.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
        Highly, highly doubtful that it's true. If the Raptors were that weary of Bosh's body, they would have traded him when they had the chance, either last summer or before the trade deadline. Why take such a huge risk on a player like that when you can get something back for him now? Especially since they will not only risk losing him to injury, but to another team. The smart thing to do would have been to simply trade him.

Besides, isn't the RealGM forum one of the worst places for making stuff like this up?
        Just being a Bosh lover is all.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Here is what a simple Google search found. The story however is not on the link

RealGM • View topic - Insider: Bosh is a medical mess, BC will let ...
          14 posts - 12 authors - Last post: 5 hours ago
          There was hope that Bosh's added weight would fix his medical problems; indeed, until the Memphis game Raps management thought they were ...
          www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1008351 - 9 hours ago

Comment

Here is more about it

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...8391#p23304947

Also someone wrote that Bosh changed his location on his Twitter account from Toronto to Everywhere. I don't use Twitter but for those that do this comment can be easily verified.
            Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 5, 2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Take it for what its worth, but I just read this via the RealGM where the OP claims to have a legit inside source. I know we've heard of these inside sources before, but if it is true it is certainly interesting.

Source - Click here
              Timely find, Doc! I'm glad you posted this because I was worried we'd have nothing new to talk about this week.

I'll naively believe this rumour, but it doesn't change my pre-existing opinion of Bosh.

IMO, Bosh is a super-talented athlete who could make several existing playoff teams much better and eventually into title contenders.

I also think that Bosh's work ethic and personality will enable him to overcome his rumoured "medical MESS" until he at least turns 30, which won't be until the 5th year of his next contract.

I don't think the Raps are the right team for him at this stage of his career, and I also don't think it's worth it for the Raps to give him max deal given the personnel on their current roster. However, I do believe that Bosh is worth max money in the present NBA free agent market.
              RR OG

Comment

Why was the post deleted? Don't they usually lock posts, rather than deleting them?
                According to the original poster that shared the news, he himself asked the mods to remove the post for fear that it would "out" his source. So, maybe its just me but his "source" doesn't seem that obvious.

Comment

Ripp is right...

BTW, this sorta doesn't make sense. If you have knee problems, the right thing to do is to lose weight, not gain it. Additional weight makes things worse, not better..
                  Adding all the upper body muscle isnt gonna help the knees?? So Im not sure if this makes any sense, he would need to strengthen the muscles around his knees, but we all saw him doing squats and running sprints in his video, not really knee saving movements?

Either way, a less mobile CB4 is relatively useless, he doesnt have the savvy of JO or Mcdyess to work-around any potential knee problems, his strength was his quickness and it thats gone, so is his game.

Comment

sell/trade bosh to a team that is willing to overextend to get back as much as possible
                    he will be a cripple at 30 in nba terms his knees are already a huge issue the last few years

Comment

Regarding and earlier post, he changed his location from Toronto to everywhere, and his website is also "under maintenance"
                      The one and only

Comment

East Coast wrote: View Post
                        Regarding and earlier post, he changed his location from Toronto to everywhere, and his website is also "under maintenance"
                        Well if Raptors fans weren't paranoid enough by now, they'll likely read into this and jump to more conclusions regarding Bosh.

Oh well, its a nice way to kill time during a normally slow and boring off-season.

Comment

Wow, is CB4 the next T-MAC?
                          Bosh has gotten a bit better every year since his rookie season, but I personally don't think he has much more improvement left in him, and I think if we've seen the best Chris Bosh..that there's no reason to invest the next 5 -6 years of the franchise in him.

Comment

this is probably just a whole bunch of BS. So does this mean that other players with thin frames such as durant will encounter the same problems...I'm just not buying this

Comment

Not to add fuel to the fire, but it reminds me a little of Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He had a similar body as Bosh, and the injury bug hit him after his eighth year. Three years later he was done due to knee problems. The strange thing was that Shareef missed very few games during his first 8 seasons (only 1 season did he miss more than 2 games). But all that eventually caught up with him.

I am suspicious of the original post, though, and him asking for it to be deleted does nothing to change that. He knew it would just add fuel to the fire. The best way to spread a rumour is to start it and then try to cover it up.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I love CB, he is my favorite player in the league, but that post scared the hell out of me. As did the rapid deletion and following coverup by the RealGM Raptors staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X