ESPN Chats: Raptors Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Chats: Raptors Related

Both ESPN analysts John Hollinger & David Thorpe are running separate chat wraps right now. I'll try and catch as much Raptors content as possible and post it here:

Tim (Toronto) - Bosh for Bynum rumors true or false?Bill Simmons reporting its a done deal on the BS reportBosh was at Laker game yesterday are these true?

David Thorpe (12:48 PM) - I'd guess that Raps will target a center as priority #1.
    Link: Chat with David Thorpe
    Link: Chat with John Hollinger

Tim from Toronto is having some sucess getting his questions answered today. TimW, is that you?

tim (toronto) - are we Raptors fans the only people who find Bosh's Twitter antics classless?

John Hollinger (1:12 PM) - Bosh has generally handled himself well, but that was one instance where I thought he was a little unprofessional.

Comment

Just a mention of Hedo I caught. I take back a Marvin Williams if it meant being able to get rid of Hedo.

jafar and roba (atlanta) - do you think the hawks should trade away marvin for hedo or prince or someone else that can fit the hawks cause the marvin doing nothing

John Hollinger (1:16 PM) -So trade him for somebody else who's doing even less? I'm disappointed in Marvin too but I'm not sure trading him for an equally overpaid player with less upside is the answer.

Comment

More regarding Bosh:

Bernard (Chicago) - Do you expect to see some of the elite FA's getting moved via a sign and trade? That would allow players to get a 6th year and the teams wouldn't lose them for nothing. If so, which teams have the most desirable assets?

John Hollinger (1:26 PM) - I expect to see a few players move that way, yes, most notably Chris Bosh. It also wouldn't shock me if Boozer, Amare and/or Joe Johnson landed with new teams that way ... their old clubs could get something back in the exchange and it really opens the market up for the players far beyond just the teams with cap space.

Comment

Regarding our European content:

B. Colon Jello (Toronto) - Do the Raptors have too many Euros?

John Hollinger (1:28 PM) - No, they have too many overpaid players who don't defend, several of whom happen to be European.

Comment

Thanks Doc for the coverage.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Tim from Toronto is having some sucess getting his questions answered today. TimW, is that you?
              No, not me. Wrong city. Besides, you don't think I have anything better to do than hang around ESPN all day? I have to hang around here, instead!
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

B. Colon Jello (Toronto) - Do the Raptors have too many Euros?

John Hollinger (1:28 PM) - No, they have too many overpaid players who don't defend, several of whom happen to be European.
                I like this. It's so true. Some people don't realize it but they're prejudice against European players.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I like this. It's so true. Some people don't realize it but they're prejudice against European players.
                  Time to push for affirmative action for Europeans?

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                    Time to push for affirmative action for Europeans?
                    Totally. Lets start hiring more Euro's who aren't qualified for the job.

Comment

Sure thing, you're fired. We can only have so many under qualified people in this organization you speak of. Your sacrifice for riding someone Else's bad joke is duly noted.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 6, 2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

As I posted in a comment on the blog, targeting a C is great if he's also a shot-blocker. After hearing Denker's podcast with Steve and checking out the draft sites, I'm liking Udoh, although defensive rebounding is listed as one of his weaknesses on DX. We should no doubt target big men here, we only have two under contract for next year (Bargnani and Evans).

Comment

Working...
                        X